Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dumped all 10 curses into my opponents deck in 3 turns  (Read 771 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
Dumped all 10 curses into my opponents deck in 3 turns
« on: July 08, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »
+1

Needless to say, this one is a little odd especially as the curses were all dumped in turns 13-15. Chapel was available as were Young Witch, Familiar and Alchemist. Also Outpost which turned out to be super important.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/08/game-20120708-115856-d58ee9f9.html

I started with a Young Witch/Chapel open against my opponent's Chapel/Oasis. Considering Oasis was the Bane, this went about as bad as it could for me in slowing him with curses, but he was still slowed by needed cards to discard for Oasis. Knowing what is happening I buy a Potion with the idea of Familiar and maybe Alchemist since it looks like I won't have a Young Witch coming back at me based on the early strategy here.

From there it is massing Familiar with the idea of a huge curse dump. Doing it slowly won't work with the cycling of Oasis and the presence of Chapel in his deck. Hence why on turn 12 I choose not to play my Familiar in hand as it would trigger a reshuffle and making my Familiar I am about to buy miss the reshuffle as well.

Then, with my opponent having already greened with 2 Provinces I unleash the attack on turn 13. 2 Familiars followed by a 3rd one on the Outpost turn. Turn 14 was 2 Familiars followed by 2 more on the Outpost turn and then Turn 15 was the final 3 to put all 10 curses in his deck in a 3-turn span, the first seven of them in the span of one reshuffle. Even down three provinces, I know the game is mine from here as even a Chapel deck with cycling is going to choke on the combination of green and curses that got added in that short of a period. There was just no engine good enough to overcome that available.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 20 queries.