Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 100481 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #425 on: September 18, 2012, 11:31:01 am »

I've got MXIV basically ready, but I am obviously not starting it now. I just wanted to know what the usual timeline is between games. Also @Grujah when were you planning to start MXIII?

I would suggest starting a game when it looks like MXI and MXII are about half way over... we need to scatter the games a bit more rather than starting them all at the same time. It is easier to follow games if one is in day 1 and the other in day 3, but much harder to follow when both are in Day 1.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 18, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »

I've got MXIV basically ready, but I am obviously not starting it now. I just wanted to know what the usual timeline is between games. Also @Grujah when were you planning to start MXIII?

I would suggest starting a game when it looks like MXI and MXII are about half way over... we need to scatter the games a bit more rather than starting them all at the same time. It is easier to follow games if one is in day 1 and the other in day 3, but much harder to follow when both are in Day 1.

THIS THIS THIS. I did very little yesterday other than play mafia.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 18, 2012, 12:08:54 pm »

Yeah, I was only in 2 but my work suffered noticably.  There should be rules against day 1s overlapping.  Or at least overlapping for extended periods of time.  Like with 4 of 6 day1 real-life days over, I'd be willing to start into a new game.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 18, 2012, 12:34:32 pm »

+2 to the above posts.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 18, 2012, 12:43:35 pm »

I think the issue was further exacerbated by those two Day 1's overlapping with Blitz Mafia Day 1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 18, 2012, 12:49:55 pm »

Part of the problem is that both MVIII and MIX ended around the same time--although they started near the same time as well, I remember being confused when Insomniac was still posting in MVIII while I thought he had been nightkilled....

But mostly I think this just shows that waiting for a game to be over isn't the best way to start a mafia game. Starting a new game midgame of another I think would be best. Yes it means that some players who only play one game at a time (players like me) might miss it if they are still alive, but they can just join the next one when it starts midgame of the previous one.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 18, 2012, 12:50:36 pm »

I think the issue was further exacerbated by those two Day 1's overlapping with Blitz Mafia Day 1.
Yeah. After planning mine to start on Monday, I was surprised to see MXII also got off the ground so fast.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 18, 2012, 12:51:53 pm »

And you loved every minute, I could tell. :)
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 18, 2012, 01:19:34 pm »

Are we name claiming? You guys know how I feel about useless claiming...

Axxle
Axle
Alxe
Alex

Yay!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 18, 2012, 01:21:05 pm »

Are we name claiming? You guys know how I feel about useless claiming...

Axxle
Axle
Alxe
Alex

Yay!

Brandon, and I have the least trouble getting to sleep of everyone I know lol.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22:51 pm »

My real name is O.   :)
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 18, 2012, 01:38:39 pm »

I know cayvie and Glooble's real names, but I'm not telling.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 18, 2012, 01:41:25 pm »

I would post mine, but Cayvie would just claim I was lying scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 18, 2012, 02:18:16 pm »

It's great to get all this feedback. I'll plan to start signups when MXIII starts D2 and not start until at least 3 real life days have passed after that, possibly more depending on the states of any existing BM, RMM and Blitz games at the time.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 18, 2012, 02:53:35 pm »

I'm still waiting on a Night Action if you guys are wondering why BMV is stalled. I won't say whose, but it starts with an O ... and ends with an O. And it's the same O.

Wouldn't it be funny if we all met in real life? I picture O as so fundamentally O-like. And Jo, you are the onah, not just any onah.

What if Galzria's real name was Kevin or something? Just wouldn't fit...

Namefishing? Stop speculating about irl setup. Vote: Robz

Hey, some of us role claim our names right off the bat... by using our actual names!
I have claimed ~70% of my first name too! (Eevee -> Eevert. Yeah it's a weird name.)

That name is unbelievable. That's like a Miller/Vig. [Vote: Eevee]
Please make me a miller/vig in your game. Please!

Galzria is so obviously Kevin, the jig is up. No suspense there anymore.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 18, 2012, 02:57:00 pm »

I have posted a link to my name else where is f.DS. If you can find it, you win a prize! actually, now that I think about it, there are probably a handful of places where my name can be found...

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 18, 2012, 05:29:22 pm »

I have posted a link to my name else where is f.DS. If you can find it, you win a prize! actually, now that I think about it, there are probably a handful of places where my name can be found...
I want Followers.
Posting begets posting.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 19, 2012, 06:12:23 pm »

I guess I should post here that I would like to host another game and get in line. I finished hosting mx recently so am ok if a few people want to jump ahead if me.

It will be a unique game based off one from mafia scum that involves a draft process...

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 19, 2012, 06:16:20 pm »

I guess I should post here that I would like to host another game and get in line. I finished hosting mx recently so am ok if a few people want to jump ahead if me.

It will be a unique game based off one from mafia scum that involves a draft process...

Is it a variation of Pick Your Power X/Y because that one looks cool?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:17:59 pm by Jorbles »

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:31 pm »

I might want to jump ahead of you  :'(

I think people dual-modding games is probably a good way to reduce the oversupply of eager mods. I think Dsell enjoyed comodding MVI for example, though you'd have to ask him.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 19, 2012, 06:39:33 pm »

I think people dual-modding games is probably a good way to reduce the oversupply of eager mods. I think Dsell enjoyed comodding MVI for example, though you'd have to ask him.

I did! I did!

I also learned that I am very, very bad at vote counts, which is no small concern of mine going into my upcoming role madness game. XD
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 19, 2012, 06:46:11 pm »

I did! I did!

I also learned that I am very, very bad at vote counts, which is no small concern of mine going into my upcoming role madness game. XD

Soft claiming vote manipulation? ;)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 19, 2012, 06:54:42 pm »

I did! I did!

Soft claiming vote manipulation? ;)

Haven't I said before that I hate softclaims? :P

Btw, eHalc is gonna be the co-mod for PRMM! So at least 50% of us will be able to do decent votecounts.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 19, 2012, 07:22:59 pm »

Btw, eHalc is gonna be the co-mod for PRMM! So at least 50% of us will be able to do decent votecounts.

I'm not fully committed!  I'm happy to review setup but I am not yet sure if I will actively backup mod (and if I do so, I choose to remain backup and not co-). :)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 19, 2012, 07:29:12 pm »

I'm not fully committed!  I'm happy to review setup but I am not yet sure if I will actively backup mod (and if I do so, I choose to remain backup and not co-). :)

Nevermind then. :P

Well then everyone can at least count on an awesome setup. ;)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.