Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 101441 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:36 pm »

I know some people dislike post restrictions and I would honestly say that they should probably not play this one as it'll be one of the major mechanics of the game. The goal is to make a fun game, though, even with the post restrictions.

The post restrictions will be flying around not just from scum, but also from the Compulsive Towny so there's at least one other guaranteed way that post restrictions could hit scum or town. Scum can also use it on themselves if they want, which can be used to make themselves look towny. I've already thought of a few ways that Cursed people can get around it in a limited way, but none of them break the restriction. I will make sure I explain it in a way that can't be misunderstood, though. I do want to make the restriction in such a way that it helps scum, not hinders them. I will consider that carefully when I am phrasing it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 11, 2012, 10:20:43 pm »

Be careful of including both Cop and Doctor.

After RMMI, I have another RMM set up that should be a little more fun for everyone involved.  It won't use any crazy mechanics changes (i.e. the VP thing), no role changing, no cults.  It will have a bigger emphasis on flavour, particularly in the use of flavour cops.  Not sure when I could run it though -- there seem to be several games queued up?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 11, 2012, 10:39:33 pm »

Oh right, Cop and Doctor can be super powerful I was only going to include them both in the 13 person game, but you raise a very good point. I will keep that in mind so that there isn't a follow the cop game. Maybe I'll make one a JK instead.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 12, 2012, 01:44:06 am »

After RMMI, I have another RMM set up that should be a little more fun for everyone involved.  It won't use any crazy mechanics changes (i.e. the VP thing), no role changing, no cults.  It will have a bigger emphasis on flavour, particularly in the use of flavour cops.  Not sure when I could run it though -- there seem to be several games queued up?

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Another RMM from you is an automatic in from me.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 12, 2012, 02:13:22 am »

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Woo, I have a fan. :D

I think I would like to ask Volt to review it, since he probably won't want to be in it.  Maybe he can catch things that are a little too crazy. :P

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2012, 02:16:12 am »

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Woo, I have a fan. :D

I think I would like to ask Volt to review it, since he probably won't want to be in it.  Maybe he can catch things that are a little too crazy. :P

RMM game modded by eHal with Voltgloss as backup mod/troll=ultimate happiness

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2012, 02:16:55 am »

Happy to offer my skeptical eye and/or trolling.  :) 

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2012, 02:44:59 am »

PM sent.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2012, 02:45:27 am »

His eye suuuuuucks. :P
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2012, 02:46:04 am »

I want to play that one too. I immensely enjoyed the last one. I'm not really sure I have the time it takes, though. But definately interested.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2012, 02:46:35 am »

His eye suuuuuucks. :P

Mmmhmmm. Sure. ::)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 12, 2012, 08:46:47 am »

I gotta say the post restriction I had in BRMM (which I shouldn't discuss but meh :P) was pretty fun, if a bit difficult. Basically I had to say the opposite of what I meant, and I ended up reminding people by posting a big lie at the beginning or end of most posts.

Couldn't you just pretend that you think opposite of what you actually do, and talk opposite of that!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 12, 2012, 06:43:26 pm »

Who would be interested in a Pokemon themed Role Madness game? I've just started designing a largish (I'm thinking ~15 players) one so it'll be a little ways off, but I'm thinking it'll be pretty cool. I'd also majorly appreciate it if someone could back-up mod and look over the set-up when it's more completed. But again, it's a ways from being done.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2012, 06:46:39 pm »

Who would be interested in a Pokemon themed Role Madness game? I've just started designing a largish (I'm thinking ~15 players) one so it'll be a little ways off, but I'm thinking it'll be pretty cool. I'd also majorly appreciate it if someone could back-up mod and look over the set-up when it's more completed. But again, it's a ways from being done.

Roleclaim: Darkrai, Articuno or Gengar

Eevee's roleclaim: Eevee
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 12, 2012, 06:47:27 pm »

I roleclaim Cubone, the best Pokemon. I have a soft spot for Squirtle and Oddish, though, too.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2012, 06:53:55 pm »

As long as you're not one of those people who only like the first 150 (gen I had 151, and Ho-Oh appeared in the first episode of the anime).

Aside: I haven't had the time to finish Black, and B2/W2 come out soon!

I think I might prefer backup modding to actually playing though.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2012, 06:55:28 pm »

I've never played or watched Pokemon in any fashion. I could name maybe 4 if I really, really tried.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2012, 06:56:40 pm »

I couldn't name one except pikachoo-choo or whatever.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2012, 07:03:54 pm »

As long as you're not one of those people who only like the first 150 (gen I had 151, and Ho-Oh appeared in the first episode of the anime).

Not at all! I am a big fan of pokemon but am far from a gen 1 purist. Fair warning though, it will probably draw a lot of theme from gen 1 (i.e. mafia is Team Rocket).

I've never played or watched Pokemon in any fashion. I could name maybe 4 if I really, really tried.

I couldn't name one except pikachoo-choo or whatever.

No pokemon knowledge will be needed to play, though a bit wouldn't hurt you. I will provide links to a couple helpful resources if you find yourself in a spot where some specific pokemon knowledge could really help (which may or may not happen). The basic idea will be sort of a jack-of-all trades style of role madness where most people have several X-shot powers they can use.

I think it'll be fairly unpredictable and complex but not overly so.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 12, 2012, 07:06:46 pm »

Oh yes yes yes yes please!

Gen 1 is the only real set though.  >:( I would back-up mod if I wasn't so very excited to play!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:12:17 pm by Eevee »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2012, 07:08:55 pm »

Oh and eHal, you're welcome to help with back-up modding if you wish! It's gonna be pretty dang complex on the modding side of things, I think, so I will definitely need at least 1 person to help out. I want you to have the chance to play if you want to, though.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 12, 2012, 07:10:06 pm »

I've only really played up to ruby/sapphire.

I'll /in if I'm not in any game.  I'm having trouble keeping up with one as it is.

... Or I can sanity check your setup and backup mod.  That might be more enjoyable actually.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 12, 2012, 07:15:52 pm »

Woo woo I'm glad to see lots of people willing to help mod!

It's gonna be really crazy and awesome, but I am going to try to make it balanced.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 12, 2012, 07:18:42 pm »

I've played all generations and finished white/black but I far prefer gen 1 pokemon even of the mechanics don't hold up so well

Edit: to clarify I have finished all of them story wise not cath em all wise by I do have all of tem in black
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:19:48 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 12, 2012, 07:33:54 pm »

I've played all generations and finished white/black but I far prefer gen 1 pokemon even of the mechanics don't hold up so well

Edit: to clarify I have finished all of them story wise not cath em all wise by I do have all of tem in black

You know what I catch? A movie every now and then.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42  All

Page created in 1.821 seconds with 20 queries.