Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: After the bad luck, where did I go wrong with Remake?  (Read 1100 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
After the bad luck, where did I go wrong with Remake?
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:36 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/05/game-20120705-231100-e67848d6.html

I'm not one to say the bad luck cost me the game here. I had some bad shuffle luck early (open Silver/Remake and not hit 5 for first reshuffle and also have Remake on turn 5 and have Remake miss all Estates) but I feel like I let it get me off my game. Still, how would everyone else play this thing? Even with that and I feel some bad play in the mid-game I only lost by 6 points.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Re: After the bad luck, where did I go wrong with Remake?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:23:51 am »

Your bad luck IMO really did cost you the game here. Not only the early the early trashing bad luck, but the Witch collisions didn't help either. Other than that, turn 18 should have been a Duchy and turn 20 should have been a Province. Just skimming this quickly; I gotta go. Sorry if I missed anything.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

sjelkjd

• Salvager
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
Re: After the bad luck, where did I go wrong with Remake?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 05:36:14 pm »

I think if you're going remake, you should have bought more of them.  Witch/Big money opening remake feels weak(though to be fair, you got unlucky with the draws).  With multiple remakes, you can trash faster, and you can remake into witch/upgrade/gold rather than having to buy it.
I don't like your turn 10 play of not playing remake to buy a 2nd witch.  You already have scheme and 1 witch, plus a remake.  You're setting yourself up for terminal collision.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.