Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Should Chapel cost $3?  (Read 11173 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
Re: Should Chapel cost $3?
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 04:33:57 pm »
+1

The only card I consider wrongly priced is Courtyard. It should cost $3. The difference there is quite negligible, though.

Adventurer and Scout would be un-workable as written at any price.

Every other card is exquisitely priced.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 04:57:29 pm »
+3

The only card I consider wrongly priced is Courtyard. It should cost $3. The difference there is quite negligible, though.

I don't think Courtyard is a problem at $2, but yeah it could easily cost $3.

I think Scout would be a perfectly fine $1 card as written.  You could probably stretch it to $2 as well. :P  But yes, it wants a buff that's not just "make this card cheaper".

What Adventurer needs is not a price change, but a +Buy.  It doesn't need to be strong, but that tweak would probably make it strong enough.

Counting House could conceivably be $4, I think, unless I'm underestimating the early-game potential of a $4 Counting House somehow.

Also, I want the official record to note that you have now called Tournament "exquisitely priced".  Just saying.
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
+1

I personally don't think Counting House is bad at all. $4 would make it way too strong IMO. But adding a +Buy to Adventurer would probably be perfect.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 05:22:32 pm »

What do people think of Mine for $4? I think I remember Donald even hinting at this one before too...

shMerker

• Duke
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 05:22:59 pm »
+1

Wouldn't 5 of those cards be prizes? So shouldn't the question be what 3 cards aren't perfectly priced?
"I take no responsibility whatsoever for those who get dizzy and pass out from running around this post."

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 05:48:44 pm »
+1

I think Scout would be a perfectly fine $1 card as written.  You could probably stretch it to $2 as well. :P  But yes, it wants a buff that's not just "make this card cheaper".

What Adventurer needs is not a price change, but a +Buy.  It doesn't need to be strong, but that tweak would probably make it strong enough.

Counting House could conceivably be $4, I think, unless I'm underestimating the early-game potential of a $4 Counting House somehow.

Also, I want the official record to note that you have now called Tournament "exquisitely priced".  Just saying.

Tournament should be a Prize, instead of a supply card  :D
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Rhombus

• Bishop
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 06:52:07 pm »

Are you saying that you should buy Chapel 99% of the time it appears? Because that's definitely not true! It's probably in the 70-80% range (just a guess).

I think Rhombus is saying that 99 percent of the time that you buy Chapel, you should do so on Turns 1/2.  Which is something else entirely.

Exactly.  You definitely don't purchase Chapel 99% of the time.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 01:11:51 am »
+12

The biggest reason scout has to cost 4 is clearly to make scout-scout open less of a game changer.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 01:12:57 am »
+1

The biggest reason scout has to cost 4 is clearly to make scout-scout open less of a game changer.

Cripes double Scout open would be so strong.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 03:41:01 am »

149 perfectly priced cards and people are still complaining about Chapel?
Let it go, guys. :)

So, which eight cards do you think are less than perfectly priced?  Inquiring minds want to know!
Didn't know the exact number of course, but I think Followers is too cheap.
I mean, $0 for a Torturer that chooses both actions. That should at least be a $6.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Schlippy

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 04:27:13 am »

A Torturer that chooses both actions, only draws 2 cards and dilutes your deck with an Estate on the way.
I do upload some Dominion videos on youtube now. :)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 05:21:24 am »

A Torturer that chooses both actions, only draws 2 cards and dilutes your deck with an Estate on the way.
Still, the fact that there's only one copy in the game should make it pretty costly.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

shMerker

• Duke
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 04:08:48 pm »

Having a lower cost actually makes prizes weaker cards than they would be with a printed cost of, say $7 or $8.  At $0 they can't be trashed for points or be upgraded, remodeled, expanded, developed, or remade into anything useful. They salvage for +1 buy and they can be swindled into curses or coppers. It's true that they can't be hit by Saboteur, but otherwise the $0 cost is actually a weakness.
"I take no responsibility whatsoever for those who get dizzy and pass out from running around this post."

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 04:22:04 pm »

What do people think of Mine for $4? I think I remember Donald even hinting at this one before too...

What he said was that there was one $5 card in the base set that he might try at $4. People just assumed it was Mine. Granted, it's hard to see it being any of the other $5 cards in that set. A $4 Council Room might be interesting, though.

EDIT: I think Mine at $4 would be a great opener in most games without really good deck thinning. Although, it does have a lot of competition, even at $4 (Militia, I'm looking at you).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:23:45 pm by LastFootnote »

Jedit

• Scout
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 04:42:25 pm »

Still, the fact that there's only one copy in the game should make it pretty costly.

More costly than $12 and two buys, followed by having to hook up your Tournament with a Province?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.