Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  All

Author Topic: I will try to post a game here every day.  (Read 121942 times)

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
Re: I will try to post a game here every day.
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2012, 02:20:41 pm »

Understood.  A couple of quick questions from games today that didn't merit full writeups:

-I opened Steward/Silver on a Witch board.  On the first use, is it better to use the trashing, or the +$2 to get Witch?  Does that change if your opponent opens Witch?
-If Amb and IGG are out, which would you prefer?  I tried to run both, and I feel it was self-defeating.
1. I'm gonna have to assume steward should be used for trashing.  I only say this because if you are opening steward/silver, on a board with witch, you are suggesting there is a reason to trash.  If the decision for you was to gain $2 with steward to get your witch, you should have gone silver/silver.  Thus this decision should have been made prior to opening steward/silver. 

2. The crux of this decision is in the engine possibilities.  IGGs lend to a very BM-esque game, in that other then a couple terminals you don't want much else here (That is not to say you should be aiming for provinces, yadda yadda).  Ambassador is quite the opposite, and with that in mind, they do clash to some degree.  Thus depending how the board feels, BM or engine, I would choose the appropriate card. 

The only time I would consider both, would be when I choose ambassador to start, and possibly go IGG after, but this would require a slim deck (and by that point, the is likely have much won already).  I would suspect going ambassador to BM + IGG would lose to straight up IGG, as long as there are mediocre terminal silvers in play. 

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2012, 02:26:06 pm »

1. I'm gonna have to assume steward should be used for trashing.  I only say this because if you are opening steward/silver, on a board with witch, you are suggesting there is a reason to trash.  If the decision for you was to gain $2 with steward to get your witch, you should have gone silver/silver.  Thus this decision should have been made prior to opening steward/silver. 

I think this is faulty logic (though the conclusion may be correct; I"m not sure. Depends on the Kingdom). At the time you chose Steward, you didn't know if you would draw it in the same hand as your Silver or not. You could have easily drawn it in a hand where using +$2 wouldn't have gotten you a Witch, in which case it being a Silver instead would have been worse. It's the same question as drawing 4 Coppers and Steward on turn 3, and trying to choose between Gold and trashing 2 Coppers.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2012, 02:29:43 pm »

This is one of those games where there were just so many power cards that I didn't even know what to do!

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/15/game-20121015-112045-fd60c97e.html

What I went for: Chapel/Menagerie/Governor
What she went for: A bit of everything

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do at the beginning, but I saw Chapel and a bunch of strong 5/6's, so I opened Chapel/Silver and decided to play it by ear.  I was having issues getting my economy off the ground, so I Chapelled more conservatively than usual. (EG, leaving enough Copper in my hand to hit 3)  My opponent initially got a jump on me, so I decided I didn't have enough time to build a Minion deck, and Goons didn't have the greatest support, so it was down to Governor or Wharf.  I settled on Governor, thinking I would pick up a Wharf at some point, but I never did.  I am not that great at Governor rushes, but I don't think my opponent was particularly experienced, so I got the win anyway.  I also picked up several Menageries, as they countered YW, Minion, AND Goons...however my opponent didn't go for those options as much as expected.  Still, Governor enabled me to hit Menagerie several times anyway.

-What strategy would you have gone for on this board?
-What do I prefer at $3?  Scheme, Menagerie, and Silver all seemed pretty viable at various points throughout the game.
-I know that generally you're supposed to trash pretty aggressively with Chapel.  Was this game an exception, since my opponent was able to ramp up more quickly than I was?
-Did I get too many Governors?  Not enough?
-How was my actual Governor play?  I feel I gained too many Golds, but there weren't always exciting Remodel options, and I couldn't justify taking the draw in most situations.  There were also times where I just wanted to get Governors out of my hand to hit Menagerie and re-evaluate before I remodelled my Gold.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:30:47 pm by Tombolo »
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2012, 02:57:41 pm »

Why didn't you get a Goons? That allows you to get away with Governor draw almost scot-free...

Given the presence of Chapel, Menagerie, and Scheme on the board, I would still trash as aggressively as possible and try to set up a small Conspirator engine, building up to Governor and Goons. Multiple plays of Goons is not possible here without +actions, but trimming down and getting one early allows you to earn lots of points from being able to consistently buy 2 cheap engine pieces and playing the Goons every turn.

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2012, 03:09:46 pm »

I think this is faulty logic (though the conclusion may be correct; I"m not sure. Depends on the Kingdom). At the time you chose Steward, you didn't know if you would draw it in the same hand as your Silver or not. You could have easily drawn it in a hand where using +$2 wouldn't have gotten you a Witch, in which case it being a Silver instead would have been worse. It's the same question as drawing 4 Coppers and Steward on turn 3, and trying to choose between Gold and trashing 2 Coppers.
See I never really understood this conundrum all that often.  Steward-BM isn't going to be the best option all that often.  Definitely not at all with a witch on the board. 

Lets say you conclude there's a decent engine you want to build (or some sort of decent strategy that likely includes a village), and you think steward/silver is optimal.  The only reason that it could be optimal is that you would want the trashing of steward or else you would have taken something else. 

You get steward + $3, and you decide to use it for a witch, that can collide and doesn't help Witch-BM whatsoever?  That kind of flip-flopping decision-making sounds detrimental.  Just trash and get going on whatever you decided to do earlier. 

I feel like it is a similar problem with ambassador/3 coppers/estate, there aren't many $3 that would make me choose to give back an estate instead of the 2 coppers. 

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2012, 03:24:27 pm »

...Wow, Governor -> Goons didn't even occur to me.  I decided to pass on Goons because I felt like I only really needed one of them, especially if I was going to be picking up Wharf, and just one Goons didn't seem worth it.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2012, 03:52:54 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/15/game-20121015-124738-2795e358.html

I can't claim that this is fully optimized, but I open Chapel/Conspirator, hit an early $5 for a Governor, and grab a Scheme to more easily activate Conspirators. Throw in a Goons, and this deck chugs along smoothly, picking up multiple components each turn.

In an actual match, you will probably split the Governors and rely more on raw income from Conspirators to buy Provinces. Young Witch is annoying here, but I don't think it's worth picking up because it occupies the valuable terminal slot in your deck, and defending against YW with Menagerie seems rather pointless when your deck is mostly homogeneous and you can trash incoming curses with Chapel or just power through them with Governor draw. (And you will probably be more conservative about drawing with Governor early before you have Goons. Basically, a lot of stuff is different, but the general idea is the same...)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:56:16 pm by dondon151 »

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2012, 12:23:29 am »

Understood.  A couple of quick questions from games today that didn't merit full writeups:

-I opened Steward/Silver on a Witch board.  On the first use, is it better to use the trashing, or the +$2 to get Witch?  Does that change if your opponent opens Witch?
-If Amb and IGG are out, which would you prefer?  I tried to run both, and I feel it was self-defeating.

1. Witch unless it's turn 3 and you have >60% chance of drawing five on turn four.
2. Just ambassador, basically no exceptions.

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2012, 07:20:22 am »
+1

1. Witch unless it's turn 3 and you have >60% chance of drawing five on turn four.
2. Just ambassador, basically no exceptions.

1. Don't forgot the +2 cards option, depending on the board +2 cards will get you the same buy as $2 but with improved early deck cycling.

Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2012, 05:36:34 pm »

See I never really understood this conundrum all that often.  Steward-BM isn't going to be the best option all that often.  Definitely not at all with a witch on the board. 

Lets say you conclude there's a decent engine you want to build (or some sort of decent strategy that likely includes a village), and you think steward/silver is optimal.  The only reason that it could be optimal is that you would want the trashing of steward or else you would have taken something else. 

You get steward + $3, and you decide to use it for a witch, that can collide and doesn't help Witch-BM whatsoever?  That kind of flip-flopping decision-making sounds detrimental.  Just trash and get going on whatever you decided to do earlier. 

I feel like it is a similar problem with ambassador/3 coppers/estate, there aren't many $3 that would make me choose to give back an estate instead of the 2 coppers.

Hmm, good points. I do think you could argue that given certain turn 3 hands, your original strategy (buying Steward for early trashing) might no longer be the best; thought it would have been the best if you had drawn any other turn 3 hand. But certainly you've made me reconsider what to do with Ambassador/3 Coppers/Estate... up til now I would have given Estate every time.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2012, 11:14:17 pm »

I am pretty sure I did several things wrong, but what could I have done right?

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/19/game-20121019-053409-9e7822cc.html

What I went for: Vineyard (with Trade Route, GH, and Market)
What he went for: TR/Hoard

I apparently still can't run a proper Vineyard deck.  The idea was to drain VY/GH/Market while using +Buy from Trade Route and Market to pick up Vineyards on a fairly regular basis while still building the engine.  I am pretty sure Potion/Trade Route open was a mistake, but I was still luckily able to hit 5 fairly quickly.  My rush kept up for a while, but was eventually overtaken, and I had no hope of catching up.  I didn't even manage to get all the Vineyards!

-What's the proper open here?  Going for vineyards right off the bat did nothing to get my engine going, but I STILL couldn't get 'em all before game ended.
-Did I want more treasure?  My target was 5P with two buys, for the most part, and I hit that fine, but...maybe picking up something besides a consolation late-game silver (Great Halls were out!) might've helped in some regard.
-There were a few turns towards the end where I could've gone Province/VY, but instead went Market/GH/VY or some such.  It kept my engine going better and slowed the end of the game, but....was it worth giving up the points?
-Was Vineyard even viable here?  I feel like Market and Trade Route did well for me, but Great Hall was not the most ideal cantrip to rush.
-Tactician, yea or nay?
-Perhaps a second Potion might've helped?  And then maybe I could've gone Upgrade on them?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2012, 08:48:09 am »

You started your end game in the early game. There was time to prepare your deck, yes with a tactician, and then use extra buys and two potions to empty the vineyards once you had plenty of good actions in your deck to sustain it. There's enough in this kingdom with the hoards to suggest that a province buying strategy will be strong too.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:49:21 am by DG »

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »

My gut feeling is that Governor dominates that board.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2012, 12:01:56 pm »

I thought I had a pretty solid deck, but I barely squeaked out a 1-point win by breaking PPR.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/22/game-20121022-052509-c6c7704d.html

What I went for: Minion/Market/Tournament
What he went for: Tournament/Minion

I was able to grab a 7/3 split on Minion, but it didn't help as much as expected, and neither did the early Tournaments.  The idea was to build a deck that could cycle quickly to hit Minions while picking up a bit of extra cash from Tournament and Market, and it worked...but only moderately well.  I feel like I ran into a bit of bad luck with Tournament- I lined up a win twice, but both hands discarded to Minion, and he got everything I wanted before I could get a Prize.  My deck fell behind, but I was able to put together some sorta weird comeback and squeak out a win.

-Festival or Market here?  I wanted the cycling from Market for Minions, and I didn't really need +Action, but I think the extra $ on Festival might have been a big help.  +Action would've been nice if I'd gotten Followers, too.  Or heck, maybe I should've gotten something else entirely?  I mainly wanted them for action phase money rather than the +Buy or anything.
-What should I have done at 2-4?  I tried to avoid Silver somewhat because Minions don't care much about treasure, but Tournament didn't help me as much as I would've liked, Secret Chamber I don't think ever hit, and Fortune Teller and Spy are just kinda eh.
-Was Minion...not a good strat here?  I would think it would be even stronger than average on a board like this, but then I got 7 and didn't crush the competition.  Maybe because of the lack of trashing?  Maybe this could've been a good HoP board or something?

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2012, 01:03:52 am »

HoP is neither good against Minion nor does it synergize well with Minion. You have no problem playing enough cards to get your HoPs to $8, but because they're Treasures and not Actions, you'll never play more than 4 of them at once, and good luck lining up more than 2 at once in a 4-card hand.

You opponent got a little lucky with Tournaments, but I think that you greened too early. You can easily build this deck up to double-Province turns or Province-Duchy/$5 turns that can keep your engine running. Market is preferable to Festival in the absence of trashers and I'd even suggest grabbing an Inn every now and then for the +actions and for the sifting.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »

This game is just a mess, but I guess it went well?

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/25/game-20121025-113544-9c6d9acc.html

What I went for: Scrying Tournament
What he went for: Tournament/Haggler
What I wound up with: I don't even

I had visions of picking up tons of Tournaments with Scrying Pool, even though the board isn't really optimized for it.  I think I'm a poor tournament player- I overestimate how resilient the peddler effect is throughout the game, and almost don't care about the prizes.  I grabbed Tactician at my earliest possible opportunity- partially because I wanted the Buy for Scrying Pool, and partially because it's freakin' Tactician.  I was able to keep things trim with Steward (really enjoyed TR'ing it) but my opponent had a leg up on his economy, and was getting Provinces at the same time I was getting Tournaments.  He got two wins in a single turn, but passed up Followers, and I think that was the gamebreaker.  I was able to get it and cobble together a derpy engine to shut him down.  I took the lead, gained Duchies to maintain it, and never looked back.

-What actually IS the dominant strategy here?  I am not sure either of us had anything close.
-How good was Tactician?  Did I actually get much out of it?  I realized that it's one of those cards I will basically auto-buy, without really thinking of it, but when is it not necessary?
-What did I want to do with Prize wins?  Trusty Steed would've been nice perhaps, and Followers won me the game....but was Bag of Gold worth clogging the Scrying Pools?  Did I really want those Duchies?  Would Princess have been good?
-Would Haggler or Upgrade have been worth it here?  I wound up with more actions than expected a lot of times, so Haggler might have been nice, and Upgrade...would've worked well as Scrying Pool fodder, but eventually I'd run out of targets, right?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2012, 03:39:04 pm »
+1

The first thing I see is Tactician, Trashing, Village and Virtual Coin.  With that said, a double Tactician style engine would run very nicely.  Use Steward early to get the deck slim enough.  Throne Room and Walled Village will provide ample +action.  Haggler will serve to accelerate your buying power at a very fast rate.  I think you can ignore potion here.  Yes it would effectively draw your deck, but I think you would get a few turns behind due to purchasing the potion and purchasing the SP's.  And of course Tournament is just icing on the cake once your engine is up and running.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2012, 04:07:33 pm »
+1

shark_bait is right. Ignore Potion; open Steward/Tournament and aim to get double-Tactician with at least 1 Haggler. You might also actually want to ignore Walled Village and just power through with Throne Rooms - remember that TR is not only just a virtual +1 action, but it also plays the card an extra time whereas WV does not. TR-Tournament gives you an extra action anyway and gives you some decent results provided that it doesn't get blocked (it's like playing 2x Steward for +$2 and +2 cards while also gaining actions).

If you connect Tournament with Province, Trusty Steed and Princess are good Prizes. Followers not so much, but you'd rather have it than let your opponent have it. I just kind of fooled around and got 6 Provinces, 7 Duchies in 14 turns: http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/25/game-20121025-130252-100e4ce9.html

EDIT: A huge problem with going SP on this board is the lack of +buy. Normally Haggler is good at gaining engine components, but it doesn't work well with SP because if SP's "low" cost. So chances are that you're going to end up getting 2 SPs before your deck gets concentrated enough that you'll tend to hit coin values above $5P, and then that P is worthless. But having only 2 SPs in your deck is not sufficient for consistency, either.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:10:04 pm by dondon151 »

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2012, 02:06:03 pm »

I don't think I deserved a win here.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/28/game-20121028-105645-72ce09ff.html

What I went for: THROW ALL THE COOL CARDS IN A BLENDER AND MASH BUTTONS
What he went for: Caravan/Torturer

I figured that this was a great board to open 5/2, and I don't think I was wrong about that.  However, I played a clumsy deck with too many terminals, and didn't really manage to pound my opponent into submission like I'd hoped.  I got the win, but in a PPR-breaking 1-point nailbiter.  Pretty simple questions this time.

-What do you open here?  Ghost Ship and Torturer both seemed like very good options, but even Upgrade or Moneylender might have had a use I guess?
-Would it be better to get both Ghost Ship and Torturer, or stick with one or the other?  ...Or just get one total?
-Along the same lines, I am certain that I had too many terminals, especially with terminal draw and no +actions.  How badly did I overshoot this?
-I didn't want Caravan, did I?  I figured that handsize wasn't going to be my problem here, although it might have been a nice defense to opponent attacks....but I didn't want to spam them in a deck with lots of terminal draw.
-How about Havens?  I would've gotten more if I'd hit 2, but I was nervous about even opening with it, because I didn't want to draw it dead.
-Was Moneylender necessary with Upgrade out and a 5/2?  ....Was Upgrade?
-Gardens would have been a poor choice.....right?

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2012, 02:59:00 pm »
+2

Especially with 5/2 I would've opened the same and would've just played Ghost Ship + Big Money with a second GS. Ghost Ship is way better than Torturer because there are no villages on the board and a single Ghost Ship always hits you harder than a single Torturer. And your opponent failed in buying a Caravan instead of an Estate for the tie.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:12 am »

I won this one.  Could I have done better?

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/30/game-20121030-193532-0b8c8627.html

What I went for: Ambassador/Mint
What he went for: Tournament/Lookout

I expected an Amb war, but my opponent opened Lookout, and never did get an Amb to counter.  I opened Tournament to keep money from being an issue in the early game, and Ambassadored aggressively.  I had the chance to trash four Copper on Turn 4 with Mint, and took it.  I wasn't sure how many Copper that left me, so I picked up an extra to make sure I could still hit 3.  From there, I was able to Mint Silvers and eventually Golds, and I picked up Jester for the heck of it.  I won the first Tournament relatively late in the game, and picked up Trusty Steed just because I figured I had enough terminals already and Followers might not've had time to make tons of difference.  He countered with Followers himself, and somewhere in there I gave him a free Silver because I spaced out and used Amb without thinking.  Nevertheless, I pulled out a win after some Duchy tennis.

-Was Mint overkill with Amb?  It streamlined my deck, but left my Amb pretty useless.
-Did I actually want Jester?  It could've done better, but...eh.
-Skipping Sea Hag was a good idea, right?  Or would've been if he had picked up an Amb?
-How about Stables?  I don't think I wanted it, since I had few crappy treasures or spammable actions I wanted to cycle.
-What do you do with Tournament wins here?  I go for Followers over Trusty Steed about 2/3 of the time, but I'm not sure this should've been one of the exceptions.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2012, 12:45:36 am »

I'd guess the Mint was a good buy. After all, you can always Amb away the Mint if you don't like it! ;)

At the time you bought the copper, I believe you had Ambed away 2 coppers, bought a tournament, then Minted away 4 coppers, leaving you with just a tournament and a copper for money, if I've counted right. So you needed the third copper.

Your opponent actually got pretty lucky with an early Gold (t3 he drew tournament - CCCC, plays T, draws C) and then t4 using the lookout to trash one estate and make the other two miss the reshuffle.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2012, 01:38:20 am »

Since your opponent opened with a lookout instead of an ambassador you could afford to return the estate on turn 3 and buy a silver. Getting the estates out of your deck and into your opponent's deck gives you an advantage when it comes to stables, mint, and jester.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:43 am »

-Was Mint overkill with Amb?  It streamlined my deck, but left my Amb pretty useless.
Yes, Mint was overkill. At that point your deck really wanted a Stables.
In general, ambassador loves cards that draw other cards and give actions (Caravan, Laboratory, Stables).
If you get to the point where you can ambassador two useless cards *and* buy something usefull, you're in business.

Plus as the (correct) copper buy suggests, you couldn't afford Mint at the time.

-Did I actually want Jester?  It could've done better, but...eh.
Jester is off course a good card in a deck that still needs buying power. However, you're low on +actions/high on terminals already.
And also...

-Skipping Sea Hag was a good idea, right?  Or would've been if he had picked up an Amb?
... I would have wanted a Sea Hag in stead of it. You opened with Ambassador, he didn't. You made the better decision there. You are probably going to win this game. But what you can be absolutely 100% about is that you're going to win this *if it turns into being a very long game*. Sea Hag is a serious power card for slowing down your opponent. Not only does it give a curse, it also puts it in his next hand. Lookout/Native village make it slightly weaker but still strong.
(skipping sea hag on opening is a good plan btw, exactly for the reasons you mentioned).

-How about Stables?  I don't think I wanted it, since I had few crappy treasures or spammable actions I wanted to cycle.
As I said before, I think you should want it. I'd try to turn my deck into something that has 1 ambassador and 1 sea hag, and then manages to play both every single turn. (2 ambassadors is an alternative). Play them on and on and on and on, until the point your opponent just pukes some mix of coppers, estates and/or curses.

-What do you do with Tournament wins here?  I go for Followers over Trusty Steed about 2/3 of the time, but I'm not sure this should've been one of the exceptions.
I go for followers more often, and I think you made the right pick here.
Join the Dominion League!

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2012, 12:20:45 pm »

I somewhat disagree with Stef about Stables here. You are bound to have low treasure density and your deck will come to a complete halt once you start greening. You may well pick up a Stables and a Mint and try to recover your treasure density with Mint, playing it more often thanks to Stables cycling.

An alternative that I can think of is Vault after trimming down your deck, but I don't know how effective that would be.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:32:56 pm by dondon151 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.