Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator: HELP!  (Read 3413 times)

WolverineFury

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator: HELP!
« on: July 02, 2012, 05:41:44 pm »

Hi all! I just DLed Geronimoo's Sim and I'm having a bit of trouble, I was trying to set up the Bureaucrat vs Chapel situation (simply because I know that in playing a Bureaucrat will almost always beat Chapel/Big Money if played right i.e. getting 3 duchies instead of 5 provinces) as a way to familiarize myself with this sim, and I've encountered some problems.

Ok, so with just the base, Chapel/Bureaucrat they were coming out dead even, now this isn't right. So I tweeked their playing styles a little and somehow or another messed up "Chapel" so he'll only buy like one province (even tho he has pleanty of money).  I'll attach the player settings I used and would appreciate it if someone could tell me where I messed up.

P.S. I used the player "Chapel/Big Money," and "Bureaucrat" for my testing.

Thanks in advance

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »

Chapel/Big Money(Plr 1) has 18 points and took 21 turns
   15 cards : [2 Silver, 9 Gold, 3 Province, 1 Chapel]

Bureaucrat(Plr 2) has 46 points and took 22 turns
   36 cards : [7 Copper, 12 Silver, 3 Gold, 4 Estate, 4 Duchy, 5 Province, 1 Bureaucrat]
I can't reproduce your problem.  That's the first sample game I got using your Chapel bot and the built in Bureaucrat.

From a strategy perspective, your Chapel bot is buying far too much Gold; you also want to remove the limit on the number of Silvers bought.  Removing the buy conditions for Silver and Province quadruples the win percentage.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:12:11 pm »

If you've tweaked a script and broken it then there's a simple trick to restore it. Open up a second copy of the simulator, load up a save file with the original version, use copy in the second simulator and paste the script back into the first simulator. If you're trying to restore a script that comes with the simulator then just copy it immediately after you've opened up the simulator.

WolverineFury

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:36:09 pm »

Chapel/Big Money(Plr 1) has 18 points and took 21 turns
   15 cards : [2 Silver, 9 Gold, 3 Province, 1 Chapel]

Bureaucrat(Plr 2) has 46 points and took 22 turns
   36 cards : [7 Copper, 12 Silver, 3 Gold, 4 Estate, 4 Duchy, 5 Province, 1 Bureaucrat]
I can't reproduce your problem.  That's the first sample game I got using your Chapel bot and the built in Bureaucrat.

From a strategy perspective, your Chapel bot is buying far too much Gold; you also want to remove the limit on the number of Silvers bought.  Removing the buy conditions for Silver and Province quadruples the win percentage.

Hm, ok I see what you are saying with silver, but I removed the conditions for the province wouldn't the machine just buy provinces as soon as it got 3 gold?

WolverineFury

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 06:40:51 pm »

Hmm, I removed the limit on silver and the AI ended up with 8 at the end of the game with only 4 gold, maybe I should give it like a limit of 3?

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 07:01:26 pm »

Hm, ok I see what you are saying with silver, but I removed the conditions for the province wouldn't the machine just buy provinces as soon as it got 3 gold?
Hmm, I removed the limit on silver and the AI ended up with 8 at the end of the game with only 4 gold, maybe I should give it like a limit of 3?
How much Gold do you want to end the game with?  I think you might be overestimating how much Treasure you need.

Playing with the the buy rules suggests that buying some number of Gold before Provinces is an advantage, but that limiting Silver buys is not a good idea (saying you'd rather have nothing than Silver is a strong statement when your decks so small and susceptible to greening).  Experiment and see what works.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 07:46:48 pm »

You had the chapel set for aggressive trashing. For treasure based games you might be better with standard trashing. You might also want to try reducing the treasure value required before the script buys a province. A pure treasure deck needs about 18$ and the chapel deck should need less.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:50:16 pm by DG »

WolverineFury

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »

Hmmm, I'll try these things out and see what works.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.