Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to update the card rankings?  (Read 12186 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
How to update the card rankings?
« on: June 15, 2011, 10:04:37 am »

[Masquerade] absolutely deserved Steward's spot on the Best $3 Cards list.
I do want to update all the card rankings, partially because Cornucopia has necessitated an update to many of them, and partially because I have gotten better and realized that certain cards are a lot better than I thought (ahem, Masquerade!), or vice versa.

The question for you all, is, how do I do this?  Make new posts and de-link the old?  Revise the old?  Create "The Five Best __ Cards, June 2011"?  Keep in mind that once the next expansion launches, we'll have to do this again.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Re: How to update the card rankings?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:47 am »

I would recommend "The five best ____ cards, June 2011" idea.  Even though the old lists are outdated, they still provide useful information.  Maybe make a separate list for
 "cards that used to be in the top 5".  That way the analysis you wrote for those cards isn't wasted.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

painted_cow

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:04:23 pm »

A list with a date seems like a good idea. With new expansions it has to be updated anyway soon.

danshep

• Navigator
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:45:53 pm »

I agree, a new post, and leave the old post intact, but edit it to include a big "This list is outdated, see Fancy New Post" at the top.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 05:28:14 am »

I agree, a new post, and leave the old post intact, but edit it to include a big "This list is outdated, see Fancy New Post" at the top.
I agree with this. You don't want to delete or majorly modify a post that has a lot of comments and discussion. It's better to just move them and put a note at the top and possibly in the title (like an [outdated] tag).
The changes you make should be major enough to warrant new posts, as half the cards in cornucopia need to be at least considered for the "best" lists (hamlet, menagerie, remake, tournament, young witch, and hunting party). Though it does seem like it might be a waste to make a new post about the $5 attacks for instance, since there is only 1 new $5 attack, and it probably doesn't belong in the top 5.

Axe Knight

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 08:28:53 pm »

You could also try to add some rankings, like, Cards Most Likely To Make You Quit Playing Dominion, or Best Combos...
An Axe Knight draws near!  Command?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.