Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Went with KC/Bazaar, buuut....  (Read 947 times)

manda2014

• Baron
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Went with KC/Bazaar, buuut....
« on: June 26, 2012, 01:32:34 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/25/game-20120625-222557-e357cf05.html

This was a really interesting set with good engine potential, but I don't think I played it very well. In retrospect, I think I probably ought to have opened crossroads/YW and bought a few more Islands. Thoughts?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Re: Went with KC/Bazaar, buuut....
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:26:08 am »

Tons of potential for an engine here. I tend to think that buying more than a couple fishing village and bazaar could be a trap here due to the plethora of actions being thrown around. In light of that, I don't like opening bazaar. Trashing from bishop/islanding is also going to be more important here and get you a few points. YW is always better sooner so I think YW/crossroads would have indeed been the better opener, reacting to your opponent and perhaps picking up a second YW soon. Speaking of reacting, grabbing a few more crossroads when you saw your opponent pick up a second YW would have been good. Also, look to get KC early, then use it on everything in sight.

You also have way more money than your opponent, who never buys silver or gold but relies on virtual money from FV, bazaar, bishop, and peddler. In a thin enough deck, that's plenty.

The money clogs up your engine some but it's not *terrible.* The curses really kill you. Turn 23 is Murphy's Law in action. I think I can safely say that as a pretty good rule of thumb, if you're building an engine, you either want to win the curse war (I think this is best) or be able to clear out the curses asap. Otherwise, you'll generally lose to a competent opponent playing some similar engine.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.