Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The first time I was really proud of my engine...  (Read 985 times)

Tmwinand

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
The first time I was really proud of my engine...
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:29:16 pm »
+1

I get ragequit on  :(

I'm new here, but I wanted to share this log.  I have been playing Dominion IRL for a few years now, and play online once in a while.  I'd consider myself a decent player.  Anyway I was auto-mathced against a level 20 (I'm at 0) and I thought I was going to get crushed.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120621-140502-bb0457f7.html

I usually am pretty bad at reading a board, but I saw a fun strategy on this one and wanted to try it.  I would start cursing with the Young Witch early, and then dig with my Golems for Bridges, and repeat by buying Inns to keep all of the cards coming back.  As you can see, this took a while to build, but my opponent wasn't really building a fast engine either.  By turn 20 my engine kicked into full gear, and then as I shuffled everything back with my Inn, I get quit on.

I was disappointed but I guess I understand why he quit.  I guess my question is, if it looks like you are going to lose, do you just forfeit?

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
Re: The first time I was really proud of my engine...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:47:44 am »

Some people do, some people don't.

For me it depends on the game, i.e. the further we're away from an ending the more likely I'll resign. If it's just 1 or 2 more turns I'll probably sit it out.

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
Re: The first time I was really proud of my engine...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:49:06 am »

The way I see it, if someone resigns to me, I have beaten them to such a great pulp that I have taken out their will to go on!

..... Or they don't want to waste their time. 

Either way makes me just as happy then playing out my engine.  I mean, you won so badly the other person was like, just take it.  A mutual understanding of how great your deck has become.  That's pretty satisfying and your deck/play speaks for itself. 
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.