Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tough board- possession, masquerade, IGG, tunnel/cart...  (Read 714 times)

carstimon

• Golem
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
Tough board- possession, masquerade, IGG, tunnel/cart...
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:49 pm »
+1

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120624-114119-8a25708f.html

Played this one against Eli_k (verikt) and we agreed neither of us did perfectly. 

I think the idea both of us had was masquerade, then forge.  Turn 7 I had totally forgotten about masquerade/possession, and I bought a province when I probably should've gotten a forge.  I decided to try something different, since Eli_k had the jump on me.  So I went IGG to dilute my deck down.  The other benefit to IGG under possession was that the +copper doesn't benefit the possessor.  Eli grabbed one province from me with masquerade and passed me a few curses (which I somehow got rid of).   I ended it buying the last duchy but lost by a point.

We mostly ignored cartographer/tunnel (Eli did it a little).  I think that if Eli had only gotten more stables and left his coppers with forge his possession engine would've killed me. 

Let me know what you think of this tough board.

P.S.  Masquerade breaks council room.  I'll try to remember of few key facts that are missing:
-When Eli_k starts possessing me we both have 1-2 masquerades; he had bought one and passed it to me, and I passed it back at some point. (Looking back, maybe I should've passed something else and trashed the masquerade!)
-Possession after Turn 21 Eli_K passes a province to himself.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:44:17 pm by carstimon »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 20 queries.