Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Improvement Suggestion: Logs of games with an early disconnect  (Read 1724 times)

Varsinor

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile

Games in which one player disconnected / resigned early are not logged on CouncilRoom. Why is that? I vote for changing it! :D

I have 1753 games on the leaderboard, but only 1731 on CouncilRoom. I am pretty sure the missing 22 games are the ones where either I or one of the opponents disconnected early.

This is especially annoying in multi-player games. Recently I had a four player game I wanted to have a look at later, but it itsn't in my stats because one of the players disconnected on his first turn.

But even if it was a 2p game with one player disconnecting early (so that the log doesn't contain that much usable information), I'd like the log to be available to see all games that were counted for the leaderboard.

EDIT: Fixed typos
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:32:41 am by Varsinor »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Improvement Suggestion: Logs of games with an early disconnect
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:55:23 am »

Games in which one player disconnected / resigned early are not logged on CouncilRoom. Why is that? I vote for changing it! :D

I have 1753 games on the leaderboard, but only 1731 on CouncilRoom. I am pretty sure the missing 22 games are the ones where either I or one of the opponents disconnected early.

This is especially annoying in multi-player games. Recently I had four player game I wanted to have a look later, but it itsn't in my stats because one of the players disconnected on his first turn.

But even if it was a 2p game with one player disconnecting early (so that the log doesn't contain that much usable information), I'd like the log to be available to see all games that were counted for the leaderboard.
Players DCing get logged on council room, it's just dependent on how long the game lasts. I think the reason these aren't up there is because they take up space on an already massive site with a massive DB that takes a good long while to load, and they just don't provide that much meaningful information.
I don't remember what the cut-off is, but I want to say something like 3 or 4 turns.

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:15:54 am »

When I first implemented the search feature, lots of games were turbo early disconnects, and they looked really stupid.

I filtered them out without much thought, and didn't think of the one early disconnect in >2p game.

Sure, it would be nice if this worked well for 3p games where someone discs early and then people play a real game.  But that would make it like .1% better on the whole, it's just not worth it, compared to writing new stuff.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:42 am »

Actually, come to think of it, search feature prolly ought to be able to handle more than 2 players, assuming that's not too difficult to implement.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.