Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: General Information  (Read 6966 times)

Olorin

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
General Information
« on: June 22, 2012, 06:20:33 pm »

I'm sorry if everyone already knows this, but I've looked and can't seem to find it.  I am trying to find some very basic information about FunSockets implementation.  Mainly I just want to know platforms supported (PC?) and if the rough pricing structure has been decided (or even what options are officially being considered)? If this is already out there I'd be  happy to hit the link.  Thanks in advance.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: General Information
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:38:17 pm »

Neither the list of platforms supported nor the pricing structure has been made public.

We've been assured that it will support many different platforms, including PC, but we do not have a list of promised ones, I think. There's been only one minor leak about the pricing structure; this quote by Donald X is I think all we have

Online, one player will host the game; the other players don't need to own anything online.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:41:27 pm »

I remember reading that it would be designed using HTML5, which basically means "supported on everything".  But that might have just been speculation.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:53:47 pm »
+1

It's speculation, but the title of the company's homepage is FunSockets loves HTML5.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:03:04 pm »

Also, Jay has confirmed on BGG that there will be an app in the iOS store.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Olorin

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 11:00:01 pm »

Thanks for the information...it jives with what else I've found; basically nothing.  Isn't it quite unusual to have software going into beta with NO indication whatever as to at least some vague IDEA of how it's going to be sold? Whole game? Each set individually?  Will the virtual online sets cost the same or nearly the same as the print versions??  Monthy fee?  Chickens????

Ahhh well, this is all a done deal, but for the goodwill of the online community, more communication would serve the FunSockets folks well, I would think.

Neither the list of platforms supported nor the pricing structure has been made public.

We've been assured that it will support many different platforms, including PC, but we do not have a list of promised ones, I think. There's been only one minor leak about the pricing structure; this quote by Donald X is I think all we have

Online, one player will host the game; the other players don't need to own anything online.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 11:01:57 pm »

Well, there isn't a beta start date either (as far as I know).  Even though we can sign-up now, it could still be a long while before the beta actually begins.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 11:49:09 pm »
+4

Well, there isn't a beta start date either (as far as I know).  Even though we can sign-up now, it could still be a long while before the beta actually begins.
I am going to say June 22nd is probably when it will start. Not everyone will be added at once though.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 12:19:59 am »
+2

I am going to say June 22nd is probably when it will start. Not everyone will be added at once though.

You mean... today?  :o

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 01:17:03 am »

Thanks for the information...it jives with what else I've found; basically nothing.  Isn't it quite unusual to have software going into beta with NO indication whatever as to at least some vague IDEA of how it's going to be sold? Whole game? Each set individually?  Will the virtual online sets cost the same or nearly the same as the print versions??  Monthy fee?  Chickens????

Ahhh well, this is all a done deal, but for the goodwill of the online community, more communication would serve the FunSockets folks well, I would think.

you are not the first to say this on here and probably not the last either. FunSockets has begun engaging this community and i think they will do fine. to address your first post though, many of your questions are addressed on the FAQ. the specific post discussing the FunSockets release can be found here.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 01:47:45 am »

You mean... today?  :o
AHHHHH!!!!!!
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 02:47:42 pm »

So did it start? If yes, who has access?

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 03:39:23 pm »
+1

People who asked FunSockets directly for an invite.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »

People who asked FunSockets directly for an invite.

Wow, that'll teach me. I assumed they were probably flooded with emails even since the placeholder site was put in place. I thought, "You know, I don't think I'll bother them." Guess I should have bothered them after all.  :-\
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.