Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: So, ARTjoMS and ddubois changed their usernames...  (Read 3831 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
So, ARTjoMS and ddubois changed their usernames...
« on: June 20, 2012, 07:38:19 pm »

What do they play under now? I have no interest in playing either of these two. "inverseParanoid" is ranked similarly to ARTjoMS and seems comparably obnoxious.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
Re: So, ARTjoMS and ddubois changed their usernames...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:09:18 pm »

Well ARTjoMS's f.ds profile says "Latvia" now, ddubois's doesn't list a different name.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:42:30 pm »

ARTjoMS was Latvia first; that's an old name.

Apparently, at one point awhile back, ARTjoMS/Latvia created another account - "midnight_girl" - and took it to the #1 leaderboard spot, then retired it.
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

Obi Wan Bonogi

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +344
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:29:56 pm »
+2

I think ARTjoMS is playing under VetoPossession.  He raged at me after a standard game and I recognized that trash talking.  I think that inverseparanoid is RomaNorgy? Not sure.

*EDIT: Confirmed InverseParanoid is RomaNorgy
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:09:08 am by Obi Wan Bonogi »

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:02:34 am »
+2

I just played some GREAT multiplayer games with inverseparanoid.  So whoever that pseudonym is... I thank you for an enjoyable end to my evening.  I'm sorry that your name got brought up in this thread for less than ideal reasons.

On a different note, although it is interesting to speculate about what players have changed there name to and such, until they come out and say, this ***insert new name here*** is my new name for ***insert old name here***, I think we should tread cautiously about making assumptions.  Especially regarding such an iconic (and somewhat infamous) name that is known as ARTjoMS.

Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 02:37:56 am »
+5

Oh yes, lets continue to try to publicly blacklist people even as they change their names, because shaming people and being a generally mean community to them is going to make them behave better and/or limit our interaction with them.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 02:55:36 am »
+1

While I don't really think people don't need to explain why they don't want to play certain players, I think it's kinda mean to say "I don't want to play Lekkit, because I don't like him. Now he's changed name and I really don't want to play him, can we get a blacklist going so that everyone else can see how much I hate playing him, and so that others who feel the same way, because there must be other hating him as much as I do, don't have to play him either", because that's what I think is going on here. It may just be me getting those vibes, though.

Definately nothing wrong in speculating in name changes, but, please, do it for the right reason.

Obi Wan Bonogi

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +344
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 03:04:39 am »

Oh yes, lets continue to try to publicly blacklist people even as they change their names, because shaming people and being a generally mean community to them is going to make them behave better and/or limit our interaction with them.

Well in my first game with "VetoPossession" he called my a fucking lucky retard and talked shit about my level etc etc completely unprovoked... so I don't think the behavior is anything different.

inverseParanoid

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
    • JoshuaBillings.com
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 03:47:50 am »
+7

Hey all,

I changed my name when I signed up for the FunSockets beta because I wanted to add my name to the list as inverseParanoid (my preferred handle), and thought there might be an increased chance that I'd get in on an early beta if my Iso name was also inverseParanoid and people could recognize me.

I've had many confrontations with ARTjoMS in the past and have even quit playing against him for periods of time, so I understand blueblimp's concern. But I also learned a lot about letting go and not needing to prove myself to others from playing with him. So, all in all, I'd say I gained more in perspective than I lost in time spent engaging in childish arguments about who got luckiest.

PS: Sorry if I was ever a dick to anyone. Sometimes my frustration gets the best of me and lose sight of the fact that this is just a game.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 03:58:21 am »

What do they play under now? I have no interest in playing either of these two. "inverseParanoid" is ranked similarly to ARTjoMS and seems comparably obnoxious.

This surprises me slightly as in my 20 games with RomaNorgy I've never encountered any such behaviour you're hinting at.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 04:44:06 am »
+3

It was a misunderstanding, RomaNorgy and InverseParanoid are perfectly fine great people

see this is why we shouldn't do witchhunts, even for ARTjoMSses

inverseParanoid

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
    • JoshuaBillings.com
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 05:23:17 am »

This surprises me slightly as in my 20 games with RomaNorgy I've never encountered any such behaviour you're hinting at.

Blueblimp never actually played a game with me as "inverseParanoid." So I'm guessing it was one of those situations where since he thought I was ARTjoMS, he saw those qualities when he looked at me.

I know I've played games against him as RomaNorgy, though, and don't recall any bad blood between us. So I'm sure it was all just a misunderstanding.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.