Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Simulation Challenge: Fishing Village + Bad Terminal  (Read 3975 times)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
Simulation Challenge: Fishing Village + Bad Terminal
« on: June 19, 2012, 05:16:37 am »

Based on this thread: I wonder if there is a terminal so bad it doesn't benefit from FV.

It's a vague challenge, but can you find a terminal which you have to buy more than one of that doesn't benefit from FV?
For instance FV-Monument benefits from FV I believe because you want to play a lot of Monuments.

Do 2 or 3 Chancellors still benefit from FV?

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Simulation Challenge: Fishing Village + Bad Terminal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:31:08 am »

Embassy, although you don't need to buy more than one.

Asklepios

• Duke
  • Respect: +117
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:41:53 am »

Said this on the other thread, but I think Bridge without +cards is weaker than BM even with Fishing Village in the mix. Also Conspirator would qualify, I think.

However neither of these cards are better as multiples WITHOUT fishing village. They just lose to big money. There's plenty of terminals you only want one of that don't benefit from fishing village over silver, as I mentioned in the other thread.

As to cards that where (2 or more Terminals + BM) > (2 or more Terminals + Fishing Village + BM) its harder to say. I'd intuit Mountebank, as the extra copper and curses reduce collisions. I can't think of any others.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 07:53:06 pm »

I don't think they're bad cards, but I'd guess that one-shot terminals like Embargo and Island wouldn't really benefit much from Fishing Villages. On the other hand, these are usually supporting cards in a bigger strategy anyways, so they could be combined with other terminals, which would mean they would benefit from Fishing Village, but on their own I don't think they'd benefit.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

There are plenty of bad terminals that wouldn't benefit from FV. Chancellor, for instance. What is the point of playing more than one per turn? Counting House and Fortune Teller are some more.
I don't think they're bad cards, but I'd guess that one-shot terminals like Embargo and Island wouldn't really benefit much from Fishing Villages.
Yes, and the Terminal Prizes too.
Chapel...
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 10:45:31 pm »

Said this on the other thread, but I think Bridge without +cards is weaker than BM even with Fishing Village in the mix. Also Conspirator would qualify, I think.
However neither of these cards are better as multiples WITHOUT fishing village. They just lose to big money. There's plenty of terminals you only want one of that don't benefit from fishing village over silver, as I mentioned in the other thread.

As to cards that where (2 or more Terminals + BM) > (2 or more Terminals + Fishing Village + BM) its harder to say. I'd intuit Mountebank, as the extra copper and curses reduce collisions. I can't think of any others.
Maybe I don't understand, are you saying BM w/o bridge is better than with? Because that's obviously wrong as the first bridge is better than silver for sure.  Are you saying BM bridge is better than FV/bridge? I doubt that.

The embassy question is an interesting one...

Asklepios

• Duke
  • Respect: +117
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 05:54:30 am »

Maybe I don't understand, are you saying BM w/o bridge is better than with? Because that's obviously wrong as the first bridge is better than silver for sure.  Are you saying BM bridge is better than FV/bridge? I doubt that.

Oh no not at all.

I'm saying (Multiple Bridges + Fishing Villages + BM + no card draw) is < (1 Bridge + BM + no card draw).

Is this wrong?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 07:56:17 am »

Oh no not at all.

I'm saying (Multiple Bridges + Fishing Villages + BM + no card draw) is < (1 Bridge + BM + no card draw).

Is this wrong?

This is a reasonable hypothesis. I think it's wrong, but I haven't specifically tested.

Edit: put response in the wrong place

Also, VAULT.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:39:10 pm by WanderingWinder »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.