Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Playdominion.com/base exists now, sort of  (Read 24793 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Playdominion.com/base exists now, sort of
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 12:48:09 pm »

My core Dominion playtime will always be IRL - there's just something satisfying about physically handling the cards, and there's a lot more communication between players, especially if it's with friends.  Also, you can undo something if you accidentally "misclick."

That being said, I've recently moved, and I'm trying to build up a new group of friends in the area, and sometimes I just want to play a quick game online without getting all the cards out.  For that reason, I'm perfectly willing to re-purchase all the expansions in digital form, provided they're only a couple bucks.  For $30+, I expect a big box full of shtuff.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

engineer

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
Re: Playdominion.com/base exists now, sort of
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:41 pm »

If you're not getting the use you'd like out of your physical Dominion sets, why not sell them off and use the money to pay for your digital Dominion sets? You might even have some beer money spare afterwards.

I agree with TINAS. It's admirable that you helped support the company by buying their product. Now that you can help support the company with the online version, you can sell the physical copies to John Doe.

The net benefit is the same. John pays for a physical game while you pay for a virtual game. Either way, that one physical set put money in RGG's pocket. The difference is that you no longer have access to it in case a real-life game does pop up.

Although, I have a pretty high tolerance for owning physical games that aren't played. My copy of Kingdom Builder + expansion has been played exactly once. MySmallword: Underground also played only once. My Factory Manager has a handful of plays. But, if you don't have the same irrational attachment to pretties that I do, then you would probably do well to sell your sets. I'd offer to buy them, but you can already guess why I won't.

I'm like you.  I'd rather keep my physical copy because (a) it's a pain to sell board games to random people online, what with shipping and such, and (b) I'm holding out hope that I will build a core group of people who like games such as Dominion.  Like werothegreat, I will greatly prefer it if I manage to make that happen some day, because I prefer IRL games with IRL friends to the online experience.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 20 queries.