Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  All

Author Topic: Bastard Mafia II: The Robz Is Dead - Long Live The Robz (eHalcyon Wins!!)  (Read 33857 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: Bastard Mafia II: Lovely Robz, Wonderful Robz (DAY 4 START!)
« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2012, 10:14:56 pm »

Sure. Vote:Robz888

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2012, 01:25:59 am »

Vote: Robz888
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2012, 07:02:45 am »

The below Vote Count was to have been tallied as of 10:12 p.m. EDT yesterday, but the forum gave me fits last night trying to connect.

Vote Count 4-1

Robz888 (3): Inrobzniac, Galzrobzia, eHalcyrobz

Not Voting {7}: Robz888, robzHalcyon, Groobzle, Morgrobz8

A massive spinning hammer suddenly falls from the sky, hits the ground without killing anybody, and then flies back up to the sky.  Everyone looks at each other quizzically. 

Then night suddenly falls.  Luckily, no one was under it at the time.

Lynch failed

Night 4 has begun.  Nighttime commands are due in 24 hours (by 7:00 a.m. EDT tomorrow morning).  This thread is now LOCKED.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Mafia II: Let's Get Ready To Robzle (DAY 5 START!)
« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2012, 11:54:07 pm »

Dawn breaks. 

Groobzle lay buried under a flood of Pepto-Bismol(tm).

His role was WEAK BULLETPROOF MILLER SUICIDAL JESTER WITH ODD-DAY NIGHTKILL AND TWO-SHOT BUS DRIVING.  WAIT, SORRY, THAT WAS O.

Day 5 Start!

Not Voting {6}: Robz888, Galzrobzia, robzHalcyon, eHalcyrobz, Inrobzniac, Morgrobz8

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline:  Monday, July 2, at 11:59 p.m. EDT

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2012, 12:06:26 am »

Inrobzniac is suddenly tortured to death by the entire population of Montana.

Morgrobz8 suddenly sprouts green hair and a blue frock, grabs his head, squeaks "Oh No!" and pops amusingly.

Their roles were DEAR GOD I'M TIRED OF THIS GIMMICK and YEP STILL TIRED.

Not Voting {4}: Robz888, Galzrobzia, robzHalcyon, eHalcyrobz

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2012, 12:12:23 am »

Inrobzniac is suddenly tortured to death by the entire population of Montana.

Morgrobz8 suddenly sprouts green hair and a blue frock, grabs his head, squeaks "Oh No!" and pops amusingly.

Their roles were DEAR GOD I'M TIRED OF THIS GIMMICK and YEP STILL TIRED.

Not Voting {4}: Robz888, Galzrobzia, robzHalcyon, eHalcyrobz

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Wait what.  If this is an act of [Impostor] Robz, can't do much about it.  But if it's Galz...

Vote: Galzrobzia

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2012, 12:22:13 am »

Vote Count 5-1

Galzrobzia (1): eHalcyRobz

Not Voting {3}: Robz888, Galzrobzia, robzHalcyon

A massive spinning hammer suddenly falls from the sky, squishing Galzrobzia into a fine paste.

The heavens open.  A beam of light shines down, and upon it, a luminescent figure.  eHalcyRobz shades his eyes and gapes, beholding the power of the one, the true, Robz888.

Robz888:  "My student.  You have done well, manipulating your fellow false Robzes into their oblivion.  But now, you stand alone before me.  And the one who stands alone can never contend against the power of the one, the true, Robz."

A beam of light shoots from Robz's hand, bringing eHalcyRobz to his knees...

...and then RobzHalcyon sneaks up and cracks Robz over the head with a regular-size, but no less murderous, hammer.

RobzHalcyon and eHalcyRobz smile and touch, their forms shimmering into one.  The long-dead corpse of eRobzyon vanishes as the three become one. 

The one, the true, the new, Robz.

THE ROBZ IS DEAD
LONG LIVE THE ROBZ

The Game Is Over:  eHalcyon wins!!

Role PMs and QT links to be posted shortly.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Huzzah!  Really confused at how the original Robz fit into all this, but I'm still glad it worked out.  Going offline now, but I'm looking forward to seeing if there were any other weird tricks with others' roles!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

All role PMs except for eHalcyon's and Robz888's were in the form of the "standard" role PM given at the start of the thread, except:

- all players needed to go up to 4 on their unRobz counters to die, not 3; and

- all players had a nightly Tracker ability in addition to their other abilities.

---------

Here is eHalcyon's Role PM.

The Crazy Eights
Welcome to Bastard Mafia II!

I vote for an all-Robz mafia game, moderated by Robz, wherein Robz sends himself 9 role PMs and then talks to himself for 70 pages.

You are The Crazy Eights.

1. You have three player incarnations: eRobzyon, robzHalcyon, and eHalcyrobz.

2. Each Day, after voting publicly as one of your player incarnations, you may submit your other incarnations' votes (if they are still alive) to the Mod privately by PM.  Your three incarnations must all vote for different players.
ModNote:  After one of eHalcyon's incarnations dies, he will be told that he can have his two remaining incarnations vote for the same player.

3. You have no night actions.

4. Your incarnations cannot be Robzified.  If someone tries to Robzify you, and that Robzification is not cancelled by another player's Robzification effort, you will be provided the Robzifier's Quicktopic link but your team affiliation will not be changed.

5. Your incarnations have a shared unRobz counter, which starts at -4.  All unRobzification attempts on any of your incarnations will increase the shared counter.  If the shared counter reaches 8 or higher at the end of a Night phase, or if it reaches 8 or higher during at any time during a Day phase, all of your incarnations die immediately.

6. If one of your incarnations is lynched, your remaining incarnations stay alive. 

You win if one of your incarnations is one of the last two players alive.

---------

Here is Robz888's Role PM.

Bastard Mod
Welcome to Bastard Mafia II!

I vote for an all-Robz mafia game, moderated by Robz, wherein Robz sends himself 9 role PMs and then talks to himself for 70 pages.

You are a Bastard Mod.

1. You cannot post.  If you do, you will be selfModkilled.

2. Each Day, your vote will automatically be applied to hammer the first player to come one vote away from being lynched.  This will not be explained to the other players.

3. You cannot be lynched.  If you are voted to a lynch, the lynch will fail and Night will begin.  [Per #2 above, your vote may be automatically applied to selfhammer, causing a failed lynch.]

4. You have no night actions.  All Robzification and unRobzification efforts upon you will fail.  The players targeting you will not be advised of this.

5. After each Night, you will be told which players tried to Robzify you.  During the following Day, you may, by PM, advise me to change each of those players' alignments to a team of your choice (once per player).  The affected players will be notified by PM that their team has changed, but not told why.  If this power is not used during the following Day, it is lost.

6. After each Night, you will be told which players tried to unRobzify you.  During the following Day, you may, by PM, advise me to unRobzify up to X players of your choice, where X is the number of unRobzification efforts targeting you the previous Night.  You may not unRobzify the same player more than once during the same Day.  Any shots of this power not used during that Day are lost.

7. You will receive a list of all players' Quicktopic links.

8. You will receive a copy of all PM communications between players and the Mod, including Role PMs.

9. If at any time all living players except you are on the same team, and there are at least three players alive, you will automatically die.

You win if you are one of the last two players alive.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:31:38 am by Voltgloss »

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

List of all QuickTopic links:

1 - http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/yUAy5ABwCyGgG (Galzrobzia)
2 - http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/MvSfdW6aqLkc  (rtotheobz888)
3 - http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/QgjeQ5FjQpXUj (RobzAxxle)
4 - http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/y6LbTVRHV5R  (Captain_RobZ)
5 - http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/DAt2hP3yYaL  (Inrobzniac)
6 - http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/VVYj5si9YZGXA  (Groobzle)
7 - http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/G3eTTa7mnhC  (Morgrobz8)
8 - http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/T5gHGnZmPkK ((r)O(b)zle)

Starting teams:

Team R: Galzria, Groobzle
Team O: RobzAxxle, rtotheobz888
Team B: Captain_RobZ, (r)O(b)zle
Team Z: Morgrobz8, Inrobzniac

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Ahh, once again I read eH well (I even pegged your silent PM votes). This time to no avail though. I knew we couldn't trust you.

Ah well. Well played everybody. I assume Robz888 blew up Insomniac and Morgrim?

I feel good about being the second most Robz like player, and the best of the "standard" roles. ;D 8)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

How did you manage to daykill me Galz?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Ha! Damn skippy I gots me some good reads.

I nailed the entirety of team B.

Knew you guys went for the twins. ;D

Team Z > Team B

8)

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

How did you manage to daykill me Galz?

Read Insomniac's QT, it's all there.

I had me, insomniac, and Morgrim hit Jo/Axxle/Ozle after our lynch of CF, with the intent to finish stragglers off with our one-shot day unrobzifies. Only the one on Jo was needed.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Does anyone remember that Voyager episode where Chakotay says to Tuvok "Seska was working for them, you were working for her, was anyone on that ship working for me?"

That's how I feel about Team O by Day 2.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

I think Axxle, Insomniac, and I were all on other teams, talking in this lame QT thinking we were fooling each other.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I think Axxle, Insomniac, and I were all on other teams, talking in this lame QT thinking we were fooling each other.

Pretty much. I knew Axxle was gone, knew Insomniac was with us, and suspected you were on Team B. It made reading that QT throughout the game quite entertaining.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Ahh, once again I read eH well (I even pegged your silent PM votes). This time to no avail though. I knew we couldn't trust you.

Ah well. Well played everybody. I assume Robz888 blew up Insomniac and Morgrim?

I feel good about being the second most Robz like player, and the best of the "standard" roles. ;D 8)

I think a few people guessed at my extra votes, though not the specific condition that they couldn't all go on the same target (at least until an incarnation died).  I was glad that someone (jo?) came up with the idea that we wouldn't actually need to hit the stated vote threshold to lynch.  It was good cover to secret-hammer, and it was made even better by the Robz auto-vote.  I suspected that there was something going on there because, even counting my own secret votes, it wasn't meeting the expected threshold.

I'm curious about Robz' actions.  How often was he targeted, and who did he use his powers on?  For my part, I did everything I could to help team Z, which wasn't much due to lack of night actions.  I secretly self-hammered to get my power upgrade (which Volt hinted at, though he didn't say outright what it would be) and then I used my double vote according to team Z's wishes.  I lucked out at the end when I managed to vote Galz before he voted me, gaining the crucial auto-vote from Robz.  I was personally just hoping that Robz counted as a non-player so 2 votes was all that was needed.

With these voting setups, I had more of an advantage than I thought.  Having no night actions and apparently being three people really did paint a huge target on me.  Luckily I was recruited onto the spectacular team Z and ended up relatively safe from thereon out.  The difficult part would be what to do when we were the only team remaining.  With no night actions I couldn't very well backstab, and voting for my "teammates" wouldn't have worked out so well.  If they suspected one of us was not actually on the team, I was the obvious target being the only one with a clearly unique role.  So I was just really lucky that Robz(?) took out Morgrim and Insomniac at the end there.

With Robz' lose condition, I was clearly the best one to keep around.  He loses if everyone is on the same team... well, clearly I can't be on the same team as anyone else.  But I guess he lost anyway because there were two of me left at the end?  He probably should have tried to kill off one of my incarnations instead of both Morgrim and Insomniac. :P

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Hello! I am here now!

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE.

It was lots of fun watching this, obviously I was a participant, but not allowed to post.

Um, no one robzified or unrobzified me at all until this past most recent night. So finally, I got to unrobzify 2 people. And I saw that I could kill 2 people that way, so I did. More for fun, than strategy. But I didn't think Galzria would then die. You did the, eHal? I should have realized you had the votes for that... My mistake. Ah well! I was too afraid of it ending without me getting to finally KILL.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Mafia Rule #1
NEVER TRUST ROBZ.

Mafia Rule #2
NEVER TRUST EHALCYON
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Mafia Rule #1
NEVER TRUST ROBZ.

Mafia Rule #2
NEVER TRUST EHALCYON

Eh... I claim a moral victory. I felt good about my game the whole way.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Mafia Rule #1
NEVER TRUST ROBZ.

Mafia Rule #2
NEVER TRUST EHALCYON

:(

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Hello! I am here now!

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE.

It was lots of fun watching this, obviously I was a participant, but not allowed to post.

Um, no one robzified or unrobzified me at all until this past most recent night. So finally, I got to unrobzify 2 people. And I saw that I could kill 2 people that way, so I did. More for fun, than strategy. But I didn't think Galzria would then die. You did the, eHal? I should have realized you had the votes for that... My mistake. Ah well! I was too afraid of it ending without me getting to finally KILL.

I puts 2 votes on Galzria.  That put us at 2/4.  I was hoping that you didn't actually count for votes so it would be 2/3 for the majority.  But apparently what actually happened was that I voted for Galz, then you auto-voted for him as per your role (putting him at L-1) and then my secret vote finished him at 3/4.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

Thanks Volt for moderating! This was fun. And, who killed me?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Thanks Volt for moderating! This was fun. And, who killed me?

Team B put 3 hits on you and Insomniac, but Glooble didn't PM in time, so couldn't finish you two off.

When Insomniac and I unrobzified Robz, he got two "fire-backs" and choose to hit you and Insomniac since you were both at 3.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 20 queries.