Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Bastard Mafia II: The Robz Is Dead - Long Live The Robz (eHalcyon Wins!!)  (Read 33848 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

The Game Is Over - eHalcyon Wins!
1 - Robz888 (DEAD; killed Endgame}
2 - Galzrobzia (DEAD; lynched Day 5}
3 - rtotheobz888 {DEAD; killed Day 4}
4 - RobzAxxle {DEAD; killed Night 3}
5a - eRobzyon {DEAD; lynched Day 2}
5b - robzHalcyon
5c - eHalcyrobz
6 - Captain_RobZ {DEAD; lynched Day 3}
7 - Inrobzniac {DEAD; killed Day 5}
8 - Groobzle {DEAD; killed Night 4}
9 - Morgrobz8 {DEAD; killed Day 5}
10 - (r)O(b)zle {DEAD; killed Night 3}

Bastard Mafia rules blatantly stolen from Bastard Mafia I.  Changes are in blue, along with the Role PM.

I don't think this game will take nearly as much thought/discussion as other games so I think it's fine if it's run concurrently with the others.  Because it's a silly game rules will be lax but I'll put them here anyway.  I'll leave registration open for a day or so.  I hope this doesn't violate any intergalactic dibs laws.  This game will have a night start. This game will have a day start despite my leaving this line in from Bastard Mafia I.

Mafia Ruleset (blatantly stolen from Axxle, as always)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.

3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
7. You may ignore rule 1.  Regarding rule 2, see role PM.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 2 week 5 day Day deadlines (but see the Role PM), with 24 hour Night deadlines. If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at Day end, no lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.
10. You may ignore rule 8.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement Modkill. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement Modkill without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Get as personal as you want this game!  You'll see why when you see the roles

Unhelpful Links:

These are the roles you can get:

-------------------------------------------------------

Robz {Robz Team _}
Welcome to Bastard Mafia II!

I vote for an all-Robz mafia game, moderated by Robz, wherein Robz sends himself 9 role PMs and then talks to himself for 70 pages.

You are a Robz {Robz Team _}.  Your teammate(s) are {Robz###} and {Robz###}.

1. Each night phase, you may do one of the following:
 - Robzify one player, thus changing the player's alignment to the alignment you had at the beginning of that night phase (but see #5 below); OR
 - unRobzify up to three players, increasing that player's unRobz counter by 1.  Your target(s) will not be notified of this.

2. Once during the game, you may unRobzify one player by PMing the mod during the Day, increasing that player's unRobz counter by 1.  Your target will not be notified of this.

3. Once you have cast your vote during a Day, you cannot change it.  If you attempt to do so, even to Unvote, you will be modkilled.  As soon as all players have voted during a Day, the Day will end.

4. Your unRobz counter starts at 0.  If it reaches 3 or higher at the end of a Night phase, you die.  If it reaches 3 or higher during a Day phase, you die immediately.

5. If you are Robzified twice or more during the same Night, those Robzification efforts will mutually cancel.  Your alignment will remain what it was at the beginning of the Night.

6. Your personal Quicktopic for this game is at {link}.  Your teammates' Quicktopics are at {link} and {link}.  Quicktopic communication may be carried out during Day or Night.  You may not PM players outside the game or communicate with them in any way other than via these personal Quicktopics.  When you successfully Robzify someone, they will be provided the link to your personal Quicktopic.

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

-------------------------------------------------------

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:24:09 am by Voltgloss »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Mafia II: All Robz, All The Time
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 05:15:24 pm »

I am Robz's alternate account, and I approve this message. Also, I'm in.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »

Are we actually allowed to play this if we aren't Robz? Cause, you know, I'm in.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 05:16:48 pm »

Thanks for moderating, RobzVoltgloss!  I, RobzAxxle, would like to /in!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 05:17:54 pm »

Whut.

Well, I'm typically inactive anyway but nobody will complain here. I'll join
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 05:20:29 pm »

It'll be hilarious if Robz doesn't actually sign up here.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 05:20:39 pm »

Need clarification on the unrobzing mechanic.  You said you can do it to three players at night, but also "once per game" -- as a bonus shot?

How many teams will there be?  It seems to be robzifying is a far stronger power.

/too serious

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 05:24:12 pm »

Need clarification on the unrobzing mechanic.  You said you can do it to three players at night, but also "once per game" -- as a bonus shot?

The once-per-game shot is a bonus shot usable during the Day.

How many teams will there be?  It seems to be robzifying is a far stronger power.

Depends on the number of sign-ups.  Probably DELETED BY SOME BASTARD MOD
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:53:39 pm by Voltgloss »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 05:25:57 pm »

I'm in.  I'd like to sign up thrice.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 05:28:11 pm »

Robzification mechanic updated, to account for multiple Robzifications on the same target during the same night.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:53:26 pm by Voltgloss »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 05:39:24 pm »

Can my name be rtotheobz888?

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 05:52:47 pm »

I believe my sign-ups should be:

eRobzyon
robzHalcyon
eHalcyrobz

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 05:52:57 pm »

See #6 added to the Role PM, regarding Quicktopics.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 05:56:52 pm »

See #6 added to the Role PM, regarding Quicktopics.

I'm not super familiar with Quicktopics.  Is it basically like a personal message board that others can post on (a la Facebook wall)?  And with team-switching in the mix, does that mean we may be able to spy on people who are no longer on our team?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »

NOW I understand your name.  Still confusing because you're missing a t in your forum handle.  :D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 06:05:46 pm »

NOW I understand your name.  Still confusing because you're missing a t in your forum handle.  :D

Now, some words about my name. It's supposed to be, like my iso username, jtotheonah, which of course is just Jonah with (to the) inserted into it. J to the Onah. Dumb, dorky, but it made for a pithy Twitter handle so I stuck with it. Then, when I registered for this forum I made a typo. So I'm jotheonah. Which, of course, is confusing to everyone, which is why I've seen it spelled like 11,000 ways here. So, call me jotheonah. Or jotheonah. Or, hell, Jonah if you want. Extra letters need not apply.

Or just call me Robz
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 06:07:48 pm »

Captain_RobZ reporting for duty.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 06:10:00 pm »

Ha!  I didn't follow MII enough to follow it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 06:11:51 pm »

When a player gets Robzified, are they informed immediately or only on the next day?

May we edit our posts?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 06:15:09 pm »

Vote: Robz
(in)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 06:28:59 pm »

(in)

Can you share another persons qt link on yours,or in the forum?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »

(in)

What do you mean, I dont have a QT this time?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 06:37:22 pm »

When a player gets Robzified, are they informed immediately or only on the next day?

Next day, as the Robzification may be cancelled if someone else tries to Robzify you that same night.  You will not be notified of cancelled Robzification efforts.

May we edit our posts?

No.  I want to leave a clear, uncontrovertable record of everyone's bastardry, for all to enjoy.

No rule against that.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 06:38:25 pm »

What do you mean, I dont have a QT this time?

See #6 in the Role PM.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 06:40:09 pm »

If a player changes their vote and is modkilled, do you count their old vote or new vote, or neither?

Are team changes made public each day?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.