Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trashing game I FUBAR'ed  (Read 1131 times)

ddubois

• Spy
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
Trashing game I FUBAR'ed
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:08:25 pm »

Man, I really screwed this up bad.  I trashed harder/better than my opponent, but without a good idea of what deck I was trying to get down to.  I realized after the fact that my plan was dependent on some kind of cantrip card (Mengarie would have been glorious, but Wishing Well or even Great Hall would have worked), which was not present, and which Warehouse cannot pretend to be.  The score is deceiving; my deck was a total pile at the end, as the garbage deck I built initially got desparately bloated with a bunch of green garbage.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120612-173403-32d319f1.html

In retrospect, is trying to get down the golden 5pt/turn deck the better route?  How fast can you get there with Remake/Warehouse->Bishop instead of Chapel/Bishop?

gorgonstar

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: Trashing game I FUBAR'ed
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 06:05:40 pm »

On turn 7 you have 8 cards: 1 Remake, 4 Silver, 1 Warehouse, 0 Estate, 2 Copper.  You aren't that far from a golden deck.  You just need a bishop and a gold and then some trashing.  You should be able to thin your deck pretty quickly, since your opponent has 3 bishops and you should have 1.

So yes, you can make a golden deck without chapel.  It's a lot easier if your opponent has a bishop or 3 in this case.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.464 seconds with 21 queries.