Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dark Ages Reveal: Would you rather?  (Read 3758 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Dark Ages Reveal: Would you rather?
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:45:32 pm »

So while I can certainly wait another 8 weeks to find out exactly what Dark Ages has to offer, I think it would make for more interesting speculation if Donald X revealed a little more information, other than just that there will be 35 Kingdom cards, and they deal with the trash and upgrading.  I'm not asking for the content of the cards to be revealed - that would be what we speculate on.  What would be interesting to know would be a) some of the names of the new cards b) how many cards of each cost there are or c) how many cards of each type there are.  Surely knowing one of these would be harmless enough?  I seem to remember that well before the Hinterlands release, we knew that there would be 3 reactions, 3 victory cards, and 3 treasures.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages Reveal: Would you rather?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:47:58 pm »
+6

None of the above. I'm happy to wait for the three-a-day reveal.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:48:21 pm »

Eh, Donald has said what he's doing, I don't see compelling reason to change that, just because we're itchy.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:52:11 pm »

So while I can certainly wait another 8 weeks to find out exactly what Dark Ages has to offer, I think it would make for more interesting speculation if Donald X revealed a little more information, other than just that there will be 35 Kingdom cards, and they deal with the trash and upgrading.  I'm not asking for the content of the cards to be revealed - that would be what we speculate on.  What would be interesting to know would be a) some of the names of the new cards b) how many cards of each cost there are or c) how many cards of each type there are.  Surely knowing one of these would be harmless enough?  I seem to remember that well before the Hinterlands release, we knew that there would be 3 reactions, 3 victory cards, and 3 treasures.
Feel free to work out what you would have liked, but it's not happening. I flirted with doing some kind of low-information teaser a week before the previews, but decided against it.

You knew that Hinterlands had 3 reactions etc. because that was something I could think of to say about the set in the blurb. It had when-gain and uh what else can I put here? I had plenty of things to say this time.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:55:33 pm »

Feel free to work out what you would have liked, but it's not happening. I flirted with doing some kind of low-information teaser a week before the previews, but decided against it.

You knew that Hinterlands had 3 reactions etc. because that was something I could think of to say about the set in the blurb. It had when-gain and uh what else can I put here? I had plenty of things to say this time.

D:  I'm sad and happy at the same time.  If I had a time machine, forget Hitler, I'd use it to go directly to the release of each new Dominion expansion.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »
+3

D:  I'm sad and happy at the same time.  If I had a time machine, forget Hitler, I'd use it to go directly to the release of each new Dominion expansion.
Forget Dominion expansions or Hitler, stop Benjamin Franklin

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 03:07:19 pm »

To this day, I still can't figure out which way batteries are supposed to point in circuit diagrams.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 03:13:10 pm »

This one is way better and more fitting: xkcd: Kill Hitler;D

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »

Rather the # of each type. That way, we can find out any new type, and make some accurate speculations on why there are so many cards.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:52:11 pm »
+2

If you're really jones-ing for more info and haven't noticed:

If you expect a lack of choices in Dark Ages then you are in for a surprise.

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 10:56:48 pm »

This one is way better and more fitting: xkcd: Kill Hitler;D

http://xkcd.com/102/

Ooh.... that's awkward.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.