Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Golden Deck  (Read 1277 times)

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
Golden Deck
« on: June 12, 2012, 08:36:30 pm »

Here's a game I just played where I set up the golden deck. I don't feel I was successful, with turn 18 getting it up and running. This was despite chapel on the board. What do I do differently? I can never seem to pull it off well...
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/12/game-20120612-173043-66d4a2e7.html

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Golden Deck
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:42:18 pm »

First off, it's generally a little better to open bishop than silver. Second, the treasury is not really helpful here. Third, chapel missing the first reshuffle is really painful for this deck. Fourth, and most importantly, the best thread about how to get the golden deck going remains to be this: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=506.0

verikt

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:22 pm »

Looks like I'm missing something here. Turn 11, you drew copper two silvers bishop. Why didn't you buy  a treasury? Why did neither of you buy pawns? 2 treasuries and pawn for +action +buy and you could have been buying peddler at 0 and trashing for 4 instead of wasting your time with provinces. Chapel pawn against his bishop might have been better than chapel silver. Or chapel potion treasury.

mnavratil

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 06:48:48 pm »

Turn 7, you should have used chapel to trash away a copper and 2 estates (one of which I am assuming the treasury drew) instead of bishoping just the one estate. Getting the deck down fast is much more important than gainin the extra VP early.

It is probably also worth noting here that bureaucrat has the potential to mess this up slightly (although maybe not so much to be worried about).

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 08:39:46 pm »

B-Crat might mess up a turn or two late game for the province version, but not the peddler version. Even if you decide to start buying/trashing provinces, the extra cantrips should offer some protection, and if you have the right deck, even hitting the province wouldn't be a problem, because you'd have enough card draw and income from other cards.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.