Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unlucky Treasure map  (Read 2495 times)

wrathofmine

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Unlucky Treasure map
« on: June 12, 2012, 09:46:50 am »
+1

Hello,

I feel i've been the most unlucky with treasure map i could be : http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/12/game-20120612-063136-1515529d.html
in turns 12 and 13 i had 6 cards in my deck, and still not the 2 treasure maps together : 3 coppers, 2 treasure maps and a lookout. What is the probability to have that ?

I know I should have done like my opponent and buy 3 or don't buy it at all, the set had many other possibilities, but I like this card so much... not my fault!.

And my after game is horrible but 4 provinces to 0 with nothing but 4 golds in the deck I don't think I could have come back.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
Re: Unlucky Treasure map
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:03:08 am »

Once there was a TM game where in the lookout draw was both TMs and a Province.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:06:15 am »
+1

Um, this is not a game where you want Treasure Map. Really, there are very few games where you do want Treasure Map. But in this game, Smithy/Silver and then just money is usually faster than what you did.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

zxcvbn2

• Golem
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:56:34 am »

Agree with Robz, it took you way too long to trash down to those cards. Smith-BM will beat that every time.
One Day Cup II Champion: qmech III: Rabid IV: Qvist

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 11:09:20 am »

Damn, beaten by RobZ.

Most players will do much better to simply ignore treasure maps, unless you are also opening warehouse.

Treasure map is occasionally an acceptable purchase mid game when you are in total deck draw mode and want a massive infusion of cash (ie - you have 8 cash and 2 buys... next turn you'll be able to shoot to 20 cash)
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

wrathofmine

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:26:40 am »

that's funny you say that you would play it in a game when you get all your deck, i've always played treasure map at the beginning to get some sort of gamebreaker. I usually always play it when i have a support like warehouse and get a good advantage real fast (if it works).

On this game i thought it was interesting to gamble and I think I could have taken the advantage if I hadn't been so unlucky. I agree with you it's not the best strategy in that game, but I thought it would be more fun than the silver/smithy Robz said.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:36:28 am »

Damn, beaten by RobZ.

Most players will do much better to simply ignore treasure maps, unless you are also opening warehouse.

Treasure map is occasionally an acceptable purchase mid game when you are in total deck draw mode and want a massive infusion of cash (ie - you have 8 cash and 2 buys... next turn you'll be able to shoot to 20 cash)
I should note that haven is also pretty good support. Maybe not quite the level of warehouse, but good.

tlloyd

• Tactician
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:45:13 am »

Damn, beaten by RobZ.

I should note that haven is also pretty good support. Maybe not quite the level of warehouse, but good.

And Scheme is NOT good support, although it sure tricked me the first time it showed up in a game with TM.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.