Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31  All

Author Topic: MAFIA V: Emptying the Apothecary Pile GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 75671 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

PM me for discussion QT.

Welcome to Mafia V: Emptying the Apothecary Pile!

Players Signed Up: (now spoilered in case people want to read it through without knowing the ending)
1 - Robz888 - Town Apothecary, Lynched Day 2
2 - Galzria
3 - O - Familiar, Killed Night 2
4 - Thisisnotasmile - Town Apothecary, Killed Night 1
5 - ftl - Town Apothecary, Lynched Day 1
6 - yuma - Familiar, Killed Night 2
7 - Captain_Frisk - Town Apothecary, Killed Night 2
8 - Insomniac - Town Herbalist, Killed Night 1
9 - zxcvbn2 - replaced 7/9/2012 by
9 - ehunt

Mafia Ruleset (blatantly stolen from Axxle's Mafia II intro post)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 1 week deadlines. If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, no lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Game Setup
Game Setup information:

We will be playing Medical Mafia, reskinned with a Dominion Flavor.

There will be 9 players: 2 Familiars, 6 Apothecaries, and an Herbalist.

The Apothecaries will have 6 different sanities:

True Apothecary - Regular Doctor. You're the town's healer.

Apprentice - Weak Doctor. You help the Apothecary out, but if you accidentally try to treat a familiar you're overwhelmed by dark magic and die.

Golem - CPR Doctor. You were built by the Apothecary to help out.  When you have an actually sick patient, your gruff manner does the trick, but if you try to administer to the well, you tend to crush them by accident

Alchemist - Quack Doctor. You tricked the king into thinking you could turn lead into Gold. You also tricked him into thinking you could heal people. Neither of those things is true. You invariably kill your patients.

Possessor - Paranoid Doctor. You can take over someone's body for the night, keeping them from doing anything (and, for some reason, keeping them safe from harm).

Stoned Philosopher - Naive Doctor.  You consider yourself a healer of the mind and soul. And maybe you are. But when you try to heal someone's body, nothing happens.

Herbalist - Nurse. You take over for the first Apothecary to die. It's your big break!

Familiar - Mafia Goon. Cats that turn into people? People that turn into cats? Either way they have powerful black magic they'll use at night to kill hardworking apothecaries.

WHOA guys somehow we lost the whole OP. Have hap-hazardly reconstructed it, but much was lost that should not have been forgotten.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:37:36 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

I am in.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

Damnit, I wanted fire/ice so badly

/in anyways.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I am in.

Damn. Beaten by 35 seconds. Is that how long it took you to log out of Robz and into Galzria to sign-up twice?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

But fire and ice wouldn't hav allowed for my all-alchemy theming, of which I am quite proud.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

I am in.

Damn. Beaten by 35 seconds. Is that how long it took you to log out of Robz and into Galzria to sign-up twice?

I got lucky! I have been away all day and I just came back and there it is!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Love the Dominion theming, J.  :)

I would love to be in but I know that I'm going to be very busy over the coming couple of weeks.  Modding Mafia IV may be all I can handle (once Mafia III ends).  I'll know a bit better over the next couple of days.  If I miss out on this one, I'll still definitely be watching from the sidelines with great interest.

Speaking of which.  Will there be a discussion thread for this?  I would prefer a quicktopic to an on-the-board thread.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Unless there are overwhelming objections, there will be a QT which dead apothecaries will be permitted to join.

And thanks V, coming from you that means a lot.

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

jo is not actually going to determine the role distribution ahead of time.  He will watch who targets whom and then manipulate the distribution to maximize deaths on night 1.  ;)

Won't join because I think this will be too head-hurty for me.  Very interested in how it will play out though!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

A few rules questions:

1.  Herbalist doesn't know the sanity of the Apothecary inherited, right?  He just inherits "a protection ability" without knowing what it does?  (If so, Herbalist Role PM looks like it may need tweaking.  I expect you are using the role PMs from the mafiascum wiki article, but I think that article has the Nurse/Herbalist PM wrong - at least in the context of Medical Mafia.)

2.  I assume if an Apothecary (of any sanity) is lynched Day 1, the Herbalist inherits his power.  Can the Herbalist then use that power during Night 1?

3.  If Day 1 ends in a Familiar lynch (or no-lynch), and then multiple Apothecaries die during Night 1, how is it determined which dead Apothecary's power is inherited by the Herbalist?  (Random roll?)

4.  Apprentice targets Familiar.  True Apothecary targets Apprentice.  No one else targets the Apprentice.  Does the Apprentice die? 

5.  Apprentice targets Familiar.  Golem targets Apprentice.  No one else targets the Apprentice.  Does the Apprentice die? 

6.  Golem targets X.  True Apothecary targets X.  No one else targets X.  Does X die?

7.  Golem targets X.  True Apothecary targets X.  Alchemist targets X.  No one else targets X.  Does X die?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

A few rules questions:

1.  Herbalist doesn't know the sanity of the Apothecary inherited, right?  He just inherits "a protection ability" without knowing what it does?  (If so, Herbalist Role PM looks like it may need tweaking.  I expect you are using the role PMs from the mafiascum wiki article, but I think that article has the Nurse/Herbalist PM wrong - at least in the context of Medical Mafia.)

Right, doesn't get to know. Fixed in OP.

2.  I assume if an Apothecary (of any sanity) is lynched Day 1, the Herbalist inherits his power.  Can the Herbalist then use that power during Night 1?

Yeppers.

3.  If Day 1 ends in a Familiar lynch (or no-lynch), and then multiple Apothecaries die during Night 1, how is it determined which dead Apothecary's power is inherited by the Herbalist?  (Random roll?)

I will determine it, either randomly or based on whimsy.

4.  Apprentice targets Familiar.  True Apothecary targets Apprentice.  No one else targets the Apprentice.  Does the Apprentice die? 

Nope.

5.  Apprentice targets Familiar.  Golem targets Apprentice.  No one else targets the Apprentice.  Does the Apprentice die? 

Nope. Here and above the question is "Does the Apprentice's death from killing a mafia count as a nightkill?" I am ruling that it does.

6.  Golem targets X.  True Apothecary targets X.  No one else targets X.  Does X die?

No.

7.  Golem targets X.  True Apothecary targets X.  Alchemist targets X.  No one else targets X.  Does X die?

No. For simplicity's sake, a Golem WILL NOT KILL a player who was targeted for a nightkill, either by the Familiars or the Alchemist, or in the case of the Apprentice, sort of by himself, reflexively.

I'll resolve night actions in this order.
1) Possession
2) Familiar Kill
3) Alchemist Kill
4) Apprentice Save/Self-kill
5) Golem Save/Kill
6) Apothecary Save

This means if the Familiars target X and the Golem saves X, but the Familiar who executes the kill is Possessed, the Golem will kill X after all. If the Apprentice targets a Possessed Familiar he won't die, either, because his save, and therefore his self-kill will fail.

He/him

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

I'll play.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

When does this start? If it starts on or after the 17th, I'm in, that's when I get back from Europe. If it starts before then, I'll have to just spectate this one too.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

I will reply with a tentative in.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Definite In.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

With this list of players I might NEED a sanity check by the time we're through.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

When does this start? If it starts on or after the 17th, I'm in, that's when I get back from Europe. If it starts before then, I'll have to just spectate this one too.

I don't see it starting much before the 17th. Maybe like a day before, but you'll be able to jump in without too much backlog.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote: Robz I mean in
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

zxcvbn2

• Golem
    • View Profile

I'd love to play though I'll admit I've not played this game in a forum before. This cool?
One Day Cup II Champion: qmech III: Rabid IV: Qvist

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

zxcvbn2 - We would be glad to have you. Just know that these games inevitably eat way more of your time than you expect.

He/him

zxcvbn2

• Golem
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm cool with the time commitment.
One Day Cup II Champion: qmech III: Rabid IV: Qvist

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Ok, so we have 9 now, assuming that we don't start until the 17th and yuma's tentative in is a real in.  If someone else is dying to play, speak now and I'll put you on the waiting list. That way if we need a replacement later we won't have to wait.  MIII should be waking up today and their game might not last much longer, so we could be underway soon. I already wrote the opening flavor and I'm pretty psyched about it, actually.

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

You can put me down for the replacement list.  I'll be following along anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.