Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Governor  (Read 42183 times)

OgreMkV

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Governor
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2013, 02:53:01 pm »

I too find governor to be more situational, although I rarely use it for the remodel function (something I need to fix).  If there aren't +buy and discard attacks on the board, then I ignore governor a lot of the time.  Again, maybe I should rethink that.

Honestly, the main reason I like governor was that it enabled my first 150+ point game.  Governor, Border Village, Goons.  That should be enough said.  At the end, I had five goons and was regularly drawing my entire hand and playing them.  My last buy was province, province, estate, copper, copper, copper, for a 42 point turn.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2013, 02:56:59 pm »
+1

I too find governor to be more situational, although I rarely use it for the remodel function (something I need to fix).  If there aren't +buy and discard attacks on the board, then I ignore governor a lot of the time.  Again, maybe I should rethink that.

Governor likes +buy, sure, but lack of +buy is still a good reason to go Governor. Governor has no problem remodeling multiple Golds into Provinces, so in a way you can get around the fact that you don't have +buy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »

Honestly, the main reason I like governor was that it enabled my first 150+ point game.  Governor, Border Village, Goons.  That should be enough said.  At the end, I had five goons and was regularly drawing my entire hand and playing them.  My last buy was province, province, estate, copper, copper, copper, for a 42 point turn.

If you're on Goko, you should try out the Prosperity adventure mode.  So many ridiculous Goons boards.  I got over 600 points in one of them without much fuss.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.