Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: How Many Possible Kingdoms?  (Read 24168 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: How Many Possible Kingdoms?
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2012, 02:37:34 pm »

Yeah, 25 is doable but a bit higher than I would like it.  We generally keep the thermostat near 23 in summer and 20 in winter.  Anything above 27 means I stay in the AC or a pool.  Anything below 20 and I put on a light jacket.

I guess that's what comes of growing up at the border of a Dfa and a Cfa climate (NW Ohio). 
From what I can tell, this is pretty much average.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2012, 03:17:21 pm »

In my house, we stay at about 15 degrees. I've walked in once with it being 18 degrees and immediately taken clothes off for it being too hot.
It's nice to have sane company.  To throw some more fuel on the fire, I grew up in a house with the thermostat set to 13C. :)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2012, 06:53:04 pm »
+1

Anyway, what's this nonsense about 25 degrees being a sensible temperature? In my house, we stay at about 15 degrees. I've walked in once with it being 18 degrees and immediately taken clothes off for it being too hot. And it's taken the temperature being in single digits before I've decided I need to put something extra back on. 25 degrees, man, that IS swelteringly hot.

I'm Canadian and this is still too much for me.  I think my ideal room temperature is ~19-22.  Do you live extra far north?  :o

Nope, in the south of England (for most sensible definitions of 'south' - my housemate considers e.g. London pretty far north) although I'll admit I probably exaggerated a little. It might have been closer to 20 (the thermometer's pretty inaccurate) and when I say taking clothes off, I did just mean a hoodie, nothing innapropriate (get your mind out of the gutter, Kuleidos!). Still, 25 degrees is too much, 15 is just right.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2012, 12:59:52 pm »

You guys are crazy. 20 is perfectly fine, 25 is hot, 30 is horrid. 40 does call for some awkwad meals, Kuildeous.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2012, 04:05:20 pm »

Anyway, what's this nonsense about 25 degrees being a sensible temperature? In my house, we stay at about 15 degrees. I've walked in once with it being 18 degrees and immediately taken clothes off for it being too hot. And it's taken the temperature being in single digits before I've decided I need to put something extra back on. 25 degrees, man, that IS swelteringly hot.

I'm Canadian and this is still too much for me.  I think my ideal room temperature is ~19-22.  Do you live extra far north?  :o

Nope, in the south of England (for most sensible definitions of 'south' - my housemate considers e.g. London pretty far north) although I'll admit I probably exaggerated a little. It might have been closer to 20 (the thermometer's pretty inaccurate) and when I say taking clothes off, I did just mean a hoodie, nothing innapropriate (get your mind out of the gutter, Kuleidos!). Still, 25 degrees is too much, 15 is just right.

Oh, if you're wearing a hoodie, that changes things.  It's not hoodie weather until below 0. ;)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
  • Respect: +236
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2012, 03:28:34 am »

It was weird moving from North Carolina to Minnesota and feeling my body acclimate itself to the temperature shift over time.

I used to be able to tell 80 F from 85 F just by walking outside, and anything below 30 was just "cold".

Now I can tell 10 F from 15 F no problem, but anything above 80 is just "hot".
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.