Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How's about some Multiplayer  (Read 19530 times)

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
Re: How's about some Multiplayer
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2012, 04:44:13 pm »

I have to say that the principal online boardgame I play is Diplomacy and so, when it comes to collusion in multi-player games, I have a much more open tolerance than some others. However, getting a second account, in my opinion, is straight out. Also, collusion between games, is right out in my books. And, discussing an ongoing game is totally bad behaviour.

But, in my opinion, if the interface allows you to do it, go for it. Sure, in a face-to-face game, you won't be consulting a simulator or reading articles, but online, if you can spend the time to do it while not delaying the game unnecessarily, go for it. But, don't post a question; that is seeking advice of an on-going game. The interface also allows you to collude and talk to other players, so do it if you want to.

That being said, if talking to collude becomes a normal thing in multi-player games, I'll just start each game by asking players not to do so. That would be an honour rule, but it could perhaps eventually be implemented as a variant with no chat.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Re: How's about some Multiplayer
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 02:30:14 am »

If anybody reading this has not played any (or very little) multiplayer do not let long games drawn out by Ambassador or Torturer or Mountebank warp your perspective of multiplayer. Many multiplayer games can be very quick, not all are long and drawn out.
I'm playing a multiplayer Mountebank game right now... it is not pretty.  :(
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.