Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My Fifth Solo Challenge: The Drunk Alchemists  (Read 4798 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
My Fifth Solo Challenge: The Drunk Alchemists
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:36:14 pm »

And here is Alchemy…
You are an Alchemist. With your incredible knowledge of Potions, you can do most anything. You own not only one, but 2 Apothecary shops. Down in your cellar, you have Scrying Pools be the hundreds. You have even been sucessful in Possessing someone and gaining a Gold from it! What else could you want!?! After paying some Copper to an Herbalist one day, you get to thinking, "In my life, I have accomplished many actions. How can I end my life with Victory?" You decide on some land. Vineyards to be prescice, for all you have so many Actions. And they only cost a Potion! That should not be a problem.
Challenge: In a solo game, in the fewest amount of turns possible, get the most VP using only Vineyards. Rules:
You may only use cards from Alchemy.
No deadline for this one.

Bonus Point:
No Scrying Pool.
Also, if you would be so kind, when you PM me your Iso. log, please fill out the subject using this format: The Drunk Alchemists submission: __ turns. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:38:44 pm by Morgrim7 »
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
Re: My Fifth Solo Challenge: The Drunk Alchemists
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:36 pm »

So what is the challenge here... fewest turns to get how many points?  Max points = 240?  (90 action cards / 3 * 8 vineyards?)
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:52:00 pm »

Fewest turns to get the most points possible. Turns are the tiebraker.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:18:41 pm »

Too. Many. Solo. Challenges.

Not that they aren't all fun, but there are just too many to get a decent number of submissions. I think people need to slow down a bit, considering there are now 5 deadline and 3 non-deadline solo challenges active. Also, not to knock Morgrim7, but I think it's not a good idea to have two solo challenges that you started active at once.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:28:41 pm »

Do possesion turns count?  :D
(assuming you can self-posses)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 09:15:24 pm »

Do possesion turns count?  :D
(assuming you can self-posses)
Nope. They do not count.

Mad, I tell you.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 09:24:37 pm »

Not that they aren't all fun, but there are just too many to get a decent number of submissions. I think people need to slow down a bit, considering there are now 5 deadline and 3 non-deadline solo challenges active. Also, not to knock Morgrim7, but I think it's not a good idea to have two solo challenges that you started active at once.
I apologize for any inconvenience this solo challenge may have caused you. I see your point, but gee, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Mad, I tell you.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 09:59:56 pm »

Correction: With Black Market and Young Witch, the maximum score is 328.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 10:39:40 pm »

Correction: With Black Market and Young Witch, the maximum score is 328.
You may only use Alchemy cards.

Mad, I tell you.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 09:28:48 am »

Oh, I really need to start reading things more carefully before posting corrections.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 07:59:42 pm »

I apologize for any inconvenience this solo challenge may have caused you. I see your point, but gee, thanks for the vote of confidence.

I really mean no offense. The last few days have had 3 solo challenge deadlines pass with zero entries. As someone who enjoys the solo challenges, it's just no fun to have zero or one submission - the point is to get at least a few submissions, so that there is some competition. And I really think that having so many solo challenges is driving down the interest.

I definitely don't mean to setup some sort of rules of who can post solo challenges and when. I just enjoy them and want to see them thrive!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.