Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Isotropic is still down  (Read 25365 times)

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
Isotropic is still down
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:56:55 pm »

How are we supposed to get our Dominion fix. :(
(why is isotropic so awesome)

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
Re: Isotropic is still down
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:59:25 pm »
+1

I heard some people play with real cards! We could try that...

dougz

• Isotropic Designer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
    • Online Dominion
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:06:02 pm »
+7

So when the power at my house came back on, the computer that runs dominion.isotropic.org didn't.  It did this the last couple times too, but I was always able to get it to come back on by trying several times -- and once it came on, it didn't have any problems.  This time, though, I couldn't get it to work at all.  I took it back to the place I bought it from and they said the motherboard has gone bad.

The good news is that it's under warranty, I got the express replacement option when I bought it, and they have the motherboard in stock, so they say it'll be replaced by the end of day tomorrow.  So you have at least about 24 hours in which you'll have to find something else to do.  :-)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:15:09 pm »
+5

Nooooo!!! This is horrible! Life has no meaning!
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Mister Alex

• Scout
  • Respect: +116
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:25:11 pm »
+3

Real cards don't have game logs!  :'(

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 09:27:59 pm »

Real cards don't have game logs!  :'(
Or sort themselves out at the end of the game. :'(
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 09:40:43 pm »
+2

Get to writing some of those articles on aaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those cards that still don't have them. Or writing up some of your logs. CouncilRoom is up.

olneyce

• 2011 DS Champion
  • Respect: +210
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:14:19 pm »

Nooo!  Today was my last day of class and I don't need to start grading papers until next week.  I was going to spend tomorrow lounging around watching the soccer and playing Dominion.  It was going to be awesome.

Devastating.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 10:15:44 pm »
+2

Now we have to destroy the leaderboard on BoardGameArena for a day, curses.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

sitnaltax

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +490
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 11:56:28 pm »
+9

Is FunSockets sabotaging the power grid near dougz's home to undermine Isotropic? Are your children safe? Film at 11.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 01:02:56 am »

What? Why is the iso server coming down?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 01:06:11 am »

So when the power at my house came back on, the computer that runs dominion.isotropic.org didn't.  It did this the last couple times too, but I was always able to get it to come back on by trying several times -- and once it came on, it didn't have any problems.  This time, though, I couldn't get it to work at all.  I took it back to the place I bought it from and they said the motherboard has gone bad.

The good news is that it's under warranty, I got the express replacement option when I bought it, and they have the motherboard in stock, so they say it'll be replaced by the end of day tomorrow.  So you have at least about 24 hours in which you'll have to find something else to do.  :-)

🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 01:20:27 am »
+2

Sorry, I phrased my joke wrong:

What? Isotropic is eventually going to go away? Where are we going to be able to play dominion?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 08:41:15 am »

What? Isotropic is eventually going to go away? Where are we going to be able to play dominion?

Are they planning some sort of official replacement or something?? Is there an official announcement about a release date? Will this new version have logs? Animations? In-game chat? AI? HOW COME I HAVEN'T HEARD OF THIS UNTIL NOW?!?!?!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 08:50:13 am »
+1

Are they planning some sort of official replacement or something?? Is there an official announcement about a release date? Will this new version have logs? Animations? In-game chat? AI? HOW COME I HAVEN'T HEARD OF THIS UNTIL NOW?!?!?!
... and do they rely have the rights to shut iso down just because they want to do something themselves?

cherdano

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 09:42:59 am »

Thanks for the update!
By the way: What you have done for dominion by coding and running isotropic is really tremendous. Even if and when isotropic will get shut down once the official server starts running, we will have a better server than we would have without isotropic. Isotropic set standards and expectations, and it sounds like those in charge of the official server are quite aware of them, and are willing to put in the work to satisfy them.

But that was just a "by the way", I really hope isotropic is back online soon so I can get my dominion fix!!!

Ghritke

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 10:15:01 am »

Sounds like the power supply... *prepares for extended downtime

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 10:36:51 am »
+9

How about a nice game of Power Grid?

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 11:28:15 am »
+1

Ah, that makes sense now. Not always easy to see joking online, even when it should be obvious :D
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 12:49:02 pm »

Still down. Yuck.

If only there was some other way to play Dominion...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 12:57:47 pm »
+1

Still down. Yuck.

You know, someone really should make a board/card game out of Isotropic. I think it would be pretty good!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

carstimon

• Golem
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 01:12:08 pm »

Someone suggested Board Game Arena for Puerto Rico, and I noticed that they have dominion too.   It's animated, takes forever to play, oversized, and my first game went like this:
Me: tr-tr-nobles-festival nobles nobles festival tr-nobles.  Think, buy 4 duchies.
Opponent: I can make you wait for a long time too.  Plays hand, buys province, and sits on second buy from festival with $2 left.

Isotropic, I love you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 01:33:44 pm »

Still down. Yuck.

You know, someone really should make a board/card game out of Isotropic. I think it would be pretty good!

Hey, not a bad idea. We can make the Isotropic cards into... Tiles! And stack them! Stacks Tiles! When 3 tile stacks run out, the game ends.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 01:39:58 pm »

Someone suggested Board Game Arena for Puerto Rico, and I noticed that they have dominion too.   It's animated, takes forever to play, oversized, and my first game went like this:
Me: tr-tr-nobles-festival nobles nobles festival tr-nobles.  Think, buy 4 duchies.
Opponent: I can make you wait for a long time too.  Plays hand, buys province, and sits on second buy from festival with $2 left.

Isotropic, I love you.

The only things that I've noticed as a good thing on BGA as far as Dominion goes:
1) The longer animation time forces me to think through my actions more.  Obviously this is just player error on my part on Iso, but I have definitely noticed an improvement since I started noticing it was helping me win on BGA.
2) BGA has TOURNAMENTS built in.  It's great!  Sadly, they're all set up by the site as present.  I've played a few for Dominion and Can't Stop, and am reasonably impressed with the feature.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

carstimon

• Golem
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 01:40:28 pm »

Still down. Yuck.

Hey, not a bad idea. We can make the Isotropic cards into... Tiles! And stack them! Stacks Tiles! When 3 tile stacks run out, the game ends.

Eh, I think a pen-and-paper game would work better.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.