Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 74 cards in the trash deck  (Read 2434 times)

ddaann

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
74 cards in the trash deck
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:41:54 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201107/13/game-20110713-053740-c40ab9aa.html

Saboteur fest...
One of the strangest games I've ever played :D
PS I know I did not play like an expert, especially in the beginning, but it was fun
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:10:46 am by ddaann »

tko

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: 74 cards in the trash deck
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:50:26 am »

Nice.  I searched my games to see if I had something similar, and found only 54 cards in the trash... 74 is huge.  And the interesting difference in my game, 10 Saboteurs were purchased with supporting King's Court - in your game, it looks like 5 Saboteurs were purchased.

OK, now I notice that some of your trash is from Chapel and self-trashing Mining Villages.

In my game, we both had 5/2 starts, and when my opponent opened Saboteur, I too opened Saboteur just to see what would happen.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:52:58 am by tko »

ddaann

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:55:11 am »

I've taken a look now and the game lasted 37 turns, this giving an average of exactly 2 trashed cards / turn (74/37)

tko

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:05:13 am »

I just noticed the sick amount of green in the trash:
  4 Provinces, 4 Islands, and 5 Duchies
Islands could have saved some Duchies and Provinces, but they got Saboteured also.

ddaann

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 11:17:45 am »

In fact he managed to save some victory cards by playing 3 Islands (Island - Province, Island - Island, Island - Estate)

Zaphod

• Thief
  • Do you know where your towel is?
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:16:14 pm »

Wow, that does not look like a fun game.  At least, not for your opponent.

I think rankin could have won in turn 33 if he'd bought the last Mining Village instead of a Duchy.  Estates and Islands were already out, correct?  He probably could have ended it sooner, in fact.  Still, it would be hard to keep track of the point total, with so many green cards in the trash.  >:(  Heck, I'd have done it just to end the game.

In another thread, some pleasant fellow called me an idiot for suggesting that the Saboteur is ever useful in any situation.  This illustrates a situation where it can be a powerful card; you had two strong deck thinners in the game, in Chapel and Forge.  The Sabs were more likely to hit something important.  On the other hand, this also illustrates the Sab's major weakness - it has no benefit, only an attack.  As of turn 30, you had no VPs at all.  You were lucky your opponent didn't close it out sooner.

ddaann

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 04:53:16 pm »

I think rankin could have won in turn 33 if he'd bought the last Mining Village instead of a Duchy.  Estates and Islands were already out, correct?

No, the initial Mining Village deck has 10 cards, not 8 => there were remaining 3 cards

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.