Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gendo's introduction  (Read 2203 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Gendo's introduction
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:11:22 am »
+2

Hi all!! 13th most prolific poster here (and I joined several months after everyone who has more posts than I!) Anyway, a bit about myself... Computer programmer from North Carolina, USA. Screen name comes from the anime Evangelion; though my once deep obsession with anime has mostly died out now.

Started playing Dominion back when only the base set had been released; fell in love with it immediately. Now I own all the expansions, but I never use them, because of Isotropic. I was once in the top 100 rank on Isotropic, but then I think the collective level of everyone got a lot better; and I fell from 36 to 29.

What type of player am I? Engine-builder, definitely. Nothing makes me happier than King's Courting my King's Courts. Big fan of Scrying Pool, Grand Market, Goons, Highway. Anything that lets me get huge amounts of points. I can Double-Jack or IGG rush when I need to, but I don't enjoy those games as much.

I'm also a big euro-gamer outside of Dominion. Longtime fan of Puerto Rico, Stone Age, Settlers, and Tigris and Euphrates; recently discovered and love Small World and Lords of Waterdeep. I also like, but suck at, Race for the Galaxy and Agricola.

Thanks to everyone here for changing Dominion from a fun game from time to time into an obsession that steals my life between playing online and reading/posting about it! ;D
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
Re: Gendo's introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:10:51 pm »
+1

It's Gendo!:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:14:46 pm by Axxle »
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 03:14:40 pm »

i used to play a ton of puerto rico online via the phial app.  maybe we can do battle sometime.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

yudantaiteki

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +167
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:46:10 pm »

Have you watched the two Rebuild of Evangelion movies out so far?  They're fairly interesting and I'm curious to see what they do with the remaining two.  I'm actually in Japan so I hope I can see 3.0 in the theaters.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:39:18 pm »

Have you watched the two Rebuild of Evangelion movies out so far?  They're fairly interesting and I'm curious to see what they do with the remaining two.  I'm actually in Japan so I hope I can see 3.0 in the theaters.

Surprisingly I haven't; just haven't gotten to them yet. Definitely something I really want to see!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

yudantaiteki

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +167
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 04:58:59 am »

If you are or were a big fan of the show, you should be aware that this is by no means a remake of the series -- the first movie makes it seem that way but the second movie is more or less an entirely new story with the same basic premise.  I still enjoyed them but I remember hearing a while ago that these were basically going to be the series again but with a more comprehensible ending -- it's not like that at all, though.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 20 queries.