Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My fourth solo challenge: Banker  (Read 2872 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
My fourth solo challenge: Banker
« on: June 03, 2012, 08:33:34 pm »

In a solo game in the fewest amount of turns, get the highest possible value of Bank. Deadline: June 10 at Midnight Central time.
Rules:
You may use any card as long as it is from Prosperity.
You may only us 1 King's Court.
You may shuffle as much as you want to get the split you like.
Bonus Point:
Do not use Rabble.
OK, Hinterlands and Prosperity are done, someone wann take a shot at Alchemy? Cornucopia?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
Re: My fourth solo challenge: Banker
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »
+1

I have the same questions here as I did with Insomniac's challenge: There is not enough information on the scoring method.

Is it:
Highest value bank, turns as tiebreaker?
Quickest to reach a value of X (20?) with bank?
Highest value of bank minus the number of turns?

Also, do we need to end the game, or can we just resign whenever we reach a high bank value?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:20:45 pm »

1) The highest value of Bank, with turn as tiebraker.
2) Yes, once you get the desired outcome,you may resign.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 02:16:27 pm »

Not many entries in, so I am going to postpone posting the results to whenever I have enough entries.

Mad, I tell you.

Fate

• Swindler
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:06:44 pm »

I tried this challenge today and found it wasn't very fun.  The problem is that getting a high value for bank doesn't really have much of a strategy without a constraint on the number of turns.  So it really comes down to prolonging the game to where you can get get lucky enough to have the cards line up on the right turn. 

I would recommend changing the scoring to either the highest value in a set number of turns or some formula using value of bank and number of turns. Also I would recommend some kind of ending condition so you have to balance ending the game and scoring highly on bank.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 08:58:52 pm »

I tried this challenge today and found it wasn't very fun.  The problem is that getting a high value for bank doesn't really have much of a strategy without a constraint on the number of turns.  So it really comes down to prolonging the game to where you can get get lucky enough to have the cards line up on the right turn. 

I would recommend changing the scoring to either the highest value in a set number of turns or some formula using value of bank and number of turns. Also I would recommend some kind of ending condition so you have to balance ending the game and scoring highly on bank.
Thanks for the input. Will be sure to enforce these rules on any future solo challenges.

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.