Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: On the road to the land of waffles  (Read 2271 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
On the road to the land of waffles
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:00:19 pm »

So I haven't done one of these before but I thoroughly enjoy alternate VP cards and think that challenges that don't allow KC are a lot cooler than ones that don't. So I'm gonna try my hand and offer a solo challenge of an alternate VP restriction variety.

Challenge: Using only hinterlands cards in the kingdom, score the most points with silk road in the fewest number of turns. (Since the kingdom cards are all from hinterlands there is NO COLONY/PLATINUM)

Clarification: The winner will be decided by VP-3X where X is the number of turns

Deadline: June 10 5:00pm PDT
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:50:30 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
Re: On the road to the land of waffles
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:45:00 pm »

I would like some clarification on the scoring method:

By most points in fewest turns, do you mean that you try to end the game in the fewest turns, and points is a tiebreaker?
You try to get the most points and the turns is a tiebreaker?

Or, some more interesting (in my opinion) possibilities:
Try to get the maximum number of points from silk road in the fewest number of turns.
And:
The challenge is scored by taking the number of points scored from silk road and subtracting double (triple?) the number of turns taken.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:51:26 pm »

I would like some clarification on the scoring method:

By most points in fewest turns, do you mean that you try to end the game in the fewest turns, and points is a tiebreaker?
You try to get the most points and the turns is a tiebreaker?

Or, some more interesting (in my opinion) possibilities:
Try to get the maximum number of points from silk road in the fewest number of turns.
And:
The challenge is scored by taking the number of points scored from silk road and subtracting double (triple?) the number of turns taken.

I thought about your suggestions and they seem more interesting as highest score = buy all the vp cards from hinterlands and supply as quickly as possible.
Least turns isnt silk road emphasizing.

So VP-3X where x is the number of turns taken it is
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 12:57:15 pm »

So as I got zero entries to this, lets just make it for fun and an open challenge, anyone can post their attempts here should they wish.

sjelkjd

• Salvager
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 02:23:09 pm »
+1

Here's a starting point:
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/11/game-20120611-112002-1fd2b644.html
209 points in 16 turns.  I think 211 is the max score you can get with pure hinterlands.  96 points from silk roads, which scores 48 with your formula(96-3*16).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.