Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 334382 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Grumbling at his companions' inactivity, popsofctown bustled around inside the Estate Laboratory, hunting for the key.  Unfortunately, he didn't notice the large red button labeled "PRESS TO RELEASE PARALYZING GAS" until he'd already accidentally pushed a bench up against it.

The occupants of the Estate began moving again roughly four hours later. 

Vote Count 1-12

popsofctown (2) - Insomniac, O
Grujah (1) - Glooble
jotheonah (4) - Green Opal, Robz888, Dsell, Axxle
Dsell (1) - theorel
Axxle (5) - Galzria, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, SwitchedFromStarcraft, popsofctown

Not Voting {2} - Tables, Grujah

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

+1000 to Voltgloss for all of his flavor posts. I <3 them.

Anyone want to comment on the timing of Axxle's revote of me, happening as it did right as the 5th vote landed on his head?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

Voltgloss for #1 Mafia god

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Anyone want to comment on the timing of Axxle's revote of me, happening as it did right as the 5th vote landed on his head?

I needled him on his waffling from "Very strong anti J" to "unvote" to "Maybe its Theorel", and then he voted back - with little excuse.  Seems slightly scummy to me.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

My case (different than others), is laid out mostly in post #760, but the gist of it was this:

When the game first began, I was asking questions of most the people online - Theory questions, sure, but still making them take a stance on issues - Axxle, above and beyond refusing to take part, actively discouraged my form of investigation and scumhunting as useless and a waste of time. In particular, the question I had been asking was along the lines of "What are your feelings on game length? With 3 weeks, we have "as much time as we want" to allow for investigation, or do you feel a quick lynch is good for the town if it presents itself?"

When Jo got up to 6 votes (and went no further), Axxle suddenly jumped in with his thoughts "Hey, lets get this over with. No need to drag things on" - Now hey, I don't disagree with this. As a matter of fact, I actively believe this is the best form of play. What I disagree with is his TIMING. He actively refused to take a stance early, and then threw that out there when it could have the most potential impact. Almost everybody else, I can refer back to how they feel, and hold them accountable to their actions now. But Axxle's LACK of accountability, more, his REFUSAL to allow for accountability, struck me as very very scummy.

Add in to that the fact that he was vote #5 on Pops, and vote #4 on Jotheonah (both times with relatively little reasoning), and it was enough for me to make my case and cast my vote. Others have come out with their own reasons, some I think are valid, some not quite so much. But his play, to me, has not been consistent with honesty that town has no reason NOT to have.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 START!)
« Reply #905 on: June 07, 2012, 04:12:11 pm »

Objectively I don't see how you can think the second bandwagon of any substance is late in the day.  Post-count is irrelevant to game stage, that's a weak argument. 

As to serious votes: I had not yet cast a serious vote (if Grujah had picked up speed I would have thought of him as a mafia fall-boy, but joth stole the show so my experiment failed).  I don't believe pops has cast a "serious" vote (dunno what that would look like).  I feel unconfident of any of O's votes being serious (though maybe I misread him).  Galz hadn't cast one yet (that's why he jumped off the joth-wagon).  Tables hadn't cast one (he was nervous about 6 votes).  SFS hadn't cast one (he wanted to "see what would happen", though his previous vote on Robz might be characterized as serious, I can't imagine any first-vote on someone as serious...it's always a feel-them-out vote).  Which means that I wouldn't have characterized Green_Opal's vote as serious (although I think he had clarified that he was happy sticking around).  Maybe you really misread the game-state there?

I really don't feel the need to defend myself against these increasingly ridiculous accusations, but you really must stop misrepresenting my points, Theorel.

"Objectively I don't see how you can think the second bandwagon of any substance is late in the day."

Please point me to where I ever said it was late in the day. I just said it was no longer early in the day, which I stand by. With three weeks left, it's impossible (and thus moot) to say whether it's late in the day until we are very near the deadline. It all hinges on when the lynch happens, and who knows? Anyway, your point is not so objective as you would like to suggest.

As for serious votes, I was obviously referring to non-joke votes rather than votes-with-the-specific-purpose-of-lynching (how should I know). It's a bit presumptive of you to ascribe a motive to other players' votes when those motives are not explicitly stated.

I'm biased...I think you're mafia, so I'm not actually reconsidering my position.  You've tried to pick apart my argument which makes me naturally want to defend it.  We could go back and forth, but what's the point?  You could ignore me, and I could read that as deflecting.  You could go black, and I could point out that you went away from a losing argument and make Robz vote for you.  There is no case in which your words have any value to me...if i make exceptions I'll just be persecuting personalities that I disagree with.  And you're not even under pressure yet.
(Bold emphasis mine)

You're admitting to really bad play here. It's fair to say that actions speak louder than words in this game but you are choosing to completely ignore me. That's a huge distraction! If you've completely made up your mind then you won't have an ear for reason!

Also, what's up with the quote in bold? What makes you think you have that kind of control over Robz' vote?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 07, 2012, 04:18:58 pm »

I'm biased...I think you're mafia, so I'm not actually reconsidering my position.  You've tried to pick apart my argument which makes me naturally want to defend it.  We could go back and forth, but what's the point?  You could ignore me, and I could read that as deflecting.  You could go black, and I could point out that you went away from a losing argument and make Robz vote for you.  There is no case in which your words have any value to me...if i make exceptions I'll just be persecuting personalities that I disagree with.  And you're not even under pressure yet.

this teaches me not to skim over very long posts; I missed this bit of ridiculousness. Mafia mistake or arrogant + bad town play to say "and make Robz vote for you"? Probably arrogant town

"so I'm not actually reconsidering my position"

Yes, yet again I'm defending Dsell, Sir Captain Frisk. This strongheadedness (which Dsell highlighted) really really bothers me.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

I'm going to agree with O and say that while I don't think Thoerel is making himself necessarily suspicious in my eyes, he is coming off very badly in this argument with Dsell. And I don't understand that line about me at all.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

My case (different than others), is laid out mostly in post #760, but the gist of it was this:

Why do I always get uneasy when G makes a reasonable point?

He's also flipped on Theorel - pointing the Finger of Suspicion, when theorel has been pretty quiet, and really only came back with the same type of analysis that Axxle was praising earlier.

I am feeling an increasing town vibe from theorel.  Just look at all that original analysis.  Insane.

The relevant posts seem to be:
We're talking way too much theory and not enough game meat.  One of the things that the article I linked to tried to warn us about. Even more so considering what kind of forum we are on. We'll fall into the trap of voting for people who don't agree with our specific playstyle instead of who we think is scummy.

Thank you Tables for trying to create discussion but that kind of passive questioning doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere either.

jotheonah: It's these kind of silly jokes that get town killed.

I will come up with something to spur conversation in a sec, just want to get this out there.

I do not like the mentality of not wanting to lynch early.  That completely invalidates any pressure we put on people since they'll just know we won't go through with the lynch.

I went and read through his other posts, and there just isn't a whole lot of meat to go on.  I had to call him out twice to get him to answer questions about his stance

We've had 3 bandwagons.

J: Started because he (jokingly?) claimed scum, and then really wailed on for a semi-roleclaim of VT.
Pops: For being kindof a jerk I think is the gist of this bandwagon?

Axxle was on both of these.  He quickly backed off J when it started to look like it wasn't going to go anywhere, and then he jumped back on when he was called out on it. 

I'm going to hedge a bit and note that I'm not 100% sure, but he does seem like a more likely candidate than the others we've looked at.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Man, life is going to be hell for me in these games.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Man, life is going to be hell for me in these games.

Thats what you get for winning as mafia, I TRUSTED YOU! :P
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 07, 2012, 04:43:52 pm »

Yes, yet again I'm defending Dsell, Sir Captain Frisk. This strongheadedness (which Dsell highlighted) really really bothers me.

I'm not offended by it.  I am offended by you lumping me in with SFS!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

I think it's worth looking into both J and Theorel.

I guess its time for more defense.

I bandwagoned at those times because I was being convinced by other people on it, and then pops and J did something stupid and scummy that pushed me over the edge to vote.  Can't check specifics because I'm on phone and limited on time.

I don't explain myself well, it's true.  I'll attempt to get better in the future.

My J DSell behavior.  I was sure of J, Theorel says DSell was manipulating the town to vote J, I panick, unvote, and investigate the truth of the accusation.  It's false so I wanted to investigate Theorel further, forgetting to revote J.  The end.  (Still need to investigate Theorel, there's more than one mafia)

Flipping on Theorel isn't a big deal.  He had like one post the first time I evaluated him and like two the second. 
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Okay, I haven't been paying good enough attention here lately (the forum crashing didn't help), so I just went back and reviewed my own case against Jotheonah. This seems important, since people are now moving against Axxle. I will say that I can understand why, but... I think there is still a very good case for lynching Jo.

In my mind, the case for lynching him begins with this post:

This is something I've been thinking a lot about. I went into this game thinking "I'm not just town but VT, I'm totally expendable, so I'm just gonna say whatever cause I don't care about being lynched. But then when people started voting for me I defaulted to my OMG don't kill me mindset, which I guess is a pretty natural way to feel? Only, that mindset made more people think I was scum than anything else I'd done. So now that I've taken my cooldown time, I think I'm OK with being lynched if that's the way things are going to go.  After all, I already survived a whole game of Mafia and I'm currently playing in another one. All other things equal, I'd rather give the newer players a longer game.

One thing I'll say, being honest, is that I think the thing in this game I'm best at (or at least feel the most confident about) is defending myself, so I tend to jump into that. It's easy for me to pick apart other people's arguments. I did that all the time in high school debate and college philosophy courses and really loved doing it. But I'm just not as good at scumhunting or at constructing a good argument in the first place.  So I play to my strengths and it inevitably makes me look scummy.

We all criticize him for this and he responds:

You really consider VT to be a roleclaim? It's a terrible play for me as mafia, as it removes my option of later claiming an actual role.  As town role, it's an ok claim if it keeps me from getting lynched but a very problematic one if I want to be believed later. As town though? Explain why it's anti-town for a VT to claim VT.

But as the mafia make that decision (about who is most likely to be a power role), they're presented with a whole big WIFOM. They only know for sure if they investigate me, in which case they'd know for sure anyway. I just ... don't think it's that big a deal.

And none of this explains why Axxle thinks it's worthy of a vote, because I can't see even a little bit why it makes sense for the mafia, for the reasons I explained earlier.

Oh look, I'm getting worked up again. Meh.

Later, he will call the claim a mistake. But at first, it's not a mistake. It's good strategy, he says.

I don't wish to debate this, but claiming a non-role does not seem to me on par with claiming a role, for various reasons. VT is what everyone's supposed to assume everyone else is anyway. The fact that I said it means nothing. You have no reason to believe or disbelieve me, nor do the mafia. It is, in my mind, very much like not claiming. In future games, I will avoid it because it clearly irks people. But really, I kinda think it's a nonissue.

I get town reads from both theorel and Glooble, and I don't get a town read from Grujah. The Grujah wagon seems to me to be the most authentic wagon out there. I don't think Grujah is actually online/around, so his lack of a defense is neither suspicious nor non-suspicious. But for now, I'm going to go ahead and

Vote: Grujah

For the record, he was the third suspect in my readthrough anyway, and my suspicion of CF wasn't really doing anything/going anywhere (partly cause I got real distracted by the votes on me, my own meditation on defensiveness and town play, and, oh yeah, meatspace stuff, and didn't have the time/energy to actually pursue it.)

So, he's pivoting. And he makes sure to cast a vote. Jotheonah seems very, very, very concerned about dying. He wants to make it seem like he doesn't care, but he does. He wants somebody, anybody, to die instead of him. Here is so desperately trying to paint Grujah as this frontrunner suspect (in reality, Grujah is just one of a handful of more suspicious players).

Then, this:

Question for pops:

Given how hilariously I've blundered everything up, is a self-vote for me at this point a pro-town move in your eyes?

That's the nail in the coffin for me. We have all seen that self-voters can be town members gone mad. Here, he is just trying to give that impression--town member gone mad--without actually casting a vote that makes him more likely to die. It's a calculated move to appear irrational. This reads obvious mafia to me.

See, I would have thought that at least someone would read that question as hypothetical. But like, you're all sure I'd actually do it.

So say I'm town and the VT claim was an honest mistake (it was.)  Now if anyone but me gets lynched (according to lots of people) I'm a nighttime liability to the town. So in that case, I ask again, isn't it pro-town for me to facilitate my own lynch?

Please love me! I am pro-town! I am fine with dying! Except he clearly isn't. He hasn't committed to dying to nearly the same extent as, say, Morgrim in MII.

Next, recognizing how badly he's coming off here, he gets out of dodge.

Unfortunately I have to leave now and won't be back for a bit. I was hoping for a quick answer from pops, but it doesn't matter. I'll leave my vote on someone I think is scum.

Then, he tries to make it look like he is helping the town by casting suspicion on someone who has gone unnoticed: Axxle.

Well, as I'm likely to be lynched, and it's my own fault, and I deserve to be lynched, really, and all that stuff, I will go ahead and throw out my fourth and final suspect.

Unvote
Vote: Axxle

Just watch him. All through the game I've gotten this sense of needing to control the game, not wanting to let it get too chaotic. I know that doesn't always mean scum, but I've gotten a scummy vibe. And he's done a lot of things, down from posting those articles on, that serve the dual purpose of gaining our trust and regulating our behavior to his standards. For some reason that's where I want my vote to be when I flip town.

In reality, he is simply choosing a new target wisely. Axxle already has a vote from Galz, and he has started making himself look suspicious to the town. Grujah is clearly not a contender for the lynch today. Jo didn't really suspect Axxle--he's just betting on another horse. Lucky for him, this one goes somewhere, and there are now quite a few Axxle votes.

And here he is trying to draw the conversation back to Axxle.

So, a few things stick out to me about Jo:

He committed a series of errors that he first calls good play and later admits to being errors.
He offered to self-lynch, but didn't.
He has tried to downplay how much he wants to be alive, but clearly wants to be alive.
He has desperately sought to join any bandwagon that could conceivably prop up so that someone else may die.

Both mafia and the town want to live, of course. If I were in danger of dying, I would fight tooth and nail to convince you all that I was a member of the town, regardless of what role I had. And I would expect that from Jo, too--indeed, I saw it in MII. The fact that he has tried to downplay how much he cares here, while simultaneously still doing all the things to keep himself alive--reads mafia to me. Big time.

Am I convinced? Not at all. But this is a lot of evidence to have against somebody in the first round, and it's enough to sway me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Then, this:

Question for pops:

Given how hilariously I've blundered everything up, is a self-vote for me at this point a pro-town move in your eyes?

That's the nail in the coffin for me. We have all seen that self-voters can be town members gone mad. Here, he is just trying to give that impression--town member gone mad--without actually casting a vote that makes him more likely to die. It's a calculated move to appear irrational. This reads obvious mafia to me.

Cutting out much of your post, but only because I agree with most of it. This here, however, I want to point out, is more akin to how TINAS played in M-I. Asking (or threatening) and then not doing. And we know the outcome of that. You were also VERY suspicious of TINAS over the play, so I don't think that you've changed at all (or that your suspicion is unjustified).

I believe I've said before, and I don't mind repeating:

I think Jo *could* be Mafia trying to play the "flipped-out" card that has hit townies in the past. I just think that I feel I'm more likely to hit Mafia lynching Axxle today than Jo. With that said, I have NO problems with seeing Jo die D1 as a Policy Lynch. If we don't discourage this type of play, from town and Mafia alike, we'll never know if it's truthful or bluffing. But for my money, I would *rather* kill a Mafia than enforce a Policy Lynch, hence my vote on Axxle, and not Jo right now.

Mafia Record:

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

I bandwagoned at those times because I was being convinced by other people on it, and then pops and J did something stupid and scummy that pushed me over the edge to vote.  Can't check specifics because I'm on phone and limited on time.

This hurts your case, for me. Day one Mafia don't want to be leading bandwagons, that draws attention to them. Being "convinced by other people" gives you deniability while still leading to what you know to be a town lynch.

I had a very strong town read on you, but it's rapidly been going down as I've been trying to catch up.

That being said, a lot has happened since I've been gone, most notably this whole Axxle bandwagon. I'm not swayed enough to place vote six on Axxle just yet, but I'm now pretty sure Grujah is a bad day one lynch, so I'm gonna go ahead and unvote.  My reason being that there are at least two people (Axxle and j) who the town has a better case against based on available information.

I'm still getting a town read on j, but I'm now fully willing to admit that that could be based on what I know about him from real life and other Mafia games. The problem with gut feelings is you can't really limit which sources of information you use to reach them. SO I'm going to review the evidence and, if it feels appropriate, join one of the two viable bandwagons.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

I have some quibbles with your analysis (though as I've said before, my play is indefensible, so I won't defend it. I will explain it as best I can).

I never said the role claim was a good strategy. Those are your words. I said that I didn't see how it was a bad strategy. I asked people to explain that and they did. Later, I started referring to it as a mistake - deferring to the general wisdom that it's bad strategy. What is a mistake other than a bad strategy you didn't realize was bad at the time?

You also seem to be saying it would be more pro-town of me to actually self-vote, but clearly that's laughable because everyone knows and agrees that it's bad play for a town player to vote for himself.

Finally you say I'm doing things to keep myself alive - but I'm really not. You guys have done that. The unvotes on me were sincere unvotes from people who now have town reads on me. If you're going to say that I manipulated those players into removing their votes, I think you have an obligation to indicate how I accomplished that feat. For that matter, where do I clearly want to be alive? My reaction to my lynch wagon was pretty much to disappear and disengage from the game (although part of that was RL obligations). I honestly did not expect to come back Wednesday morning and find myself still alive.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

Hey guise... we can still lynch Popsofctown!

I don't like the old I'll-do-nothing-and-eventually-people-will-forget-I've-acted-crazy-scummy strategy

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

inb4 someone says "but you posted this response so you're clearly trying to stay alive" because ugh.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

I don't like the old I'll-do-nothing-and-eventually-people-will-forget-I've-acted-crazy-scummy strategy

Me neither ... but you can't argue with results!

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

2 Suspects at a time O.  Pops will have to wait his turn!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Then, this:

Question for pops:

Cutting out much of your post, but only because I agree with most of it. This here, however, I want to point out, is more akin to how TINAS played in M-I. Asking (or threatening) and then not doing. And we know the outcome of that. You were also VERY suspicious of TINAS over the play, so I don't think that you've changed at all (or that your suspicion is unjustified).

I think Jo *could* be Mafia trying to play the "flipped-out" card that has hit townies in the past. I just think that I feel I'm more likely to hit Mafia lynching Axxle today than Jo. With that said, I have NO problems with seeing Jo die D1 as a Policy Lynch. If we don't discourage this type of play, from town and Mafia alike, we'll never know if it's truthful or bluffing. But for my money, I would *rather* kill a Mafia than enforce a Policy Lynch, hence my vote on Axxle, and not Jo right now.

That's true, and I was wrong about TINAS. But I was right in one way--he WAS lying about his role. It just so happened he was lying in a beneficial way. It was a crazy move, one that only someone like TINAS I think is capable of, and I doubt it's what Jo is doing. But I could be wrong.

So, I guess I'm just not totally sure what the case against Axxle is, other than he switched his votes at some incriminating times. Could someone please make the case?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I have some quibbles with your analysis (though as I've said before, my play is indefensible, so I won't defend it. I will explain it as best I can).

I never said the role claim was a good strategy. Those are your words. I said that I didn't see how it was a bad strategy. I asked people to explain that and they did. Later, I started referring to it as a mistake - deferring to the general wisdom that it's bad strategy. What is a mistake other than a bad strategy you didn't realize was bad at the time?

Fair enough, I guess.

You also seem to be saying it would be more pro-town of me to actually self-vote, but clearly that's laughable because everyone knows and agrees that it's bad play for a town player to vote for himself.

Right, and yet a couple townspersons have not been able to help themselves and voted anyway. Because you have *restrained* yourself, it seems comparatively more suspicious, doesn't it?

Finally you say I'm doing things to keep myself alive - but I'm really not. You guys have done that. The unvotes on me were sincere unvotes from people who now have town reads on me. If you're going to say that I manipulated those players into removing their votes, I think you have an obligation to indicate how I accomplished that feat. For that matter, where do I clearly want to be alive? My reaction to my lynch wagon was pretty much to disappear and disengage from the game (although part of that was RL obligations). I honestly did not expect to come back Wednesday morning and find myself still alive.

My read of you is that you very much want to be alive, and are trying to play the part of indifferent, deferent townie. I don't think you are manipulating the people to unvote you. I think you just got lucky in that regard.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

Then, this:

Question for pops:

That's true, and I was wrong about TINAS. But I was right in one way--he WAS lying about his role. It just so happened he was lying in a beneficial way. It was a crazy move, one that only someone like TINAS I think is capable of, and I doubt it's what Jo is doing. But I could be wrong.

So, I guess I'm just not totally sure what the case against Axxle is, other than he switched his votes at some incriminating times. Could someone please make the case?

There really doesn't seem to be much of one at all.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #924 on: June 07, 2012, 05:43:47 pm »

I haven't thoroughly reviewed all of Axxle's posts and the case against him yet, so for now my opinion is perhaps a bit primitive, but oh well. I haven't found Axxle to be terribly scummy in this game. Since the very beginning, I have found him a tiny bit scummy, but at a level that makes me think he is probably town. Also, his scumminess level has not changed significantly throughout the game for me, so I continue to think he is most likely town.

A couple of things that have read slightly scummy:
Stifling theory conversation early
Stifling humor early
Jumping on the main bandwagons
Agreeing with me maaaybe just barely too much (perhaps less so in his second-to-last comment)

These things and the bandwagon forming against him mean I should definitely go back and review his case more, but I really doubt he's going to look like mafia to me, especially with much scummier characters around. Of course he could be, but all of those things that have struck me as odd could easily be a townie with a bit different playstyle. Which is what I'm heavily leaning towards right now.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.