Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 330600 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 START!)
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2012, 04:50:18 pm »

Oh - I've messed up the whole board.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2012, 04:50:42 pm »

Oh btw, I think it's ironic that pops hates cops. And seriously, what's up with quotes right now? And pops, please give us reason! I guessed the same as insomniac but would love to hear from the source. You have a lot more experience than most of us so I want to know what is going on in your head with your voting.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2012, 04:51:33 pm »

*Ahem* Wow, good job C.F. That was worth some chuckles. +1. Still not sure how you managed that. No more quoting you! ;)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2012, 04:52:41 pm »

You'll get nothing and like it.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2012, 04:53:02 pm »

*Ahem* Wow, good job C.F. That was worth some chuckles. +1. Still not sure how you managed that. No more quoting you! ;)

His /quote tag was broken so it never left the quote, thusly whenever you quote is quote there is an unfinished quote tag
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:24 pm »

VOTE: POPSOFCTOWN for the above reason.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »

/With appropriate quotation this time.

This strikes me as intentionally antagonistic.  Did you learn something from TINAS and O in M1?  I'm curious to see the town reaction to this...

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 04, 2012, 04:56:34 pm »

I just returned and wat is this.

Pops, I recommend not playing Mafiascum style on F.DS. What may work among a bunch of experts with a bunch of conventions and established behavior may not work here.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2012, 04:57:33 pm »

/With appropriate quotation this time.

This strikes me as intentionally antagonistic.  Did you learn something from TINAS and O in M1?  I'm curious to see the town reaction to this...

VOTE: POPSOFCTOWN for the above reason.

I loled.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 04, 2012, 04:59:34 pm »

Oh let me have some fun.  It's my favorite retort.

Insomniac is not suspicious because he expressed suspicion, it's the lack thereof.  He mentioned the unlikelihood that his target was scum.  That unlikelihood is already implied, and he wasn't prompted by anything like "to what extent do you feel SFS is likely scum", someone just asked to follow his thought process.  He over reacted and tried to shirk responsibility for his vote.

I'm not always good at explaining what I mean, but that is what I find somewhat scummy.  But not as scummy as scums that are scummier, but less scummy than townies that are not scummy by comparison. /hinterlands

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 04, 2012, 05:00:47 pm »

I'm not always good at explaining what I mean, but that is what I find somewhat scummy.  But not as scummy as scums that are scummier, but less scummy than townies that are not scummy by comparison. /hinterlands

BRB, going to get some fresh air after reading that.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2012, 05:01:16 pm »

Voting without reasoning is not mafiascum style mafia.  It's troll style mafia, and after I amused myself with reactions (and gained information from guesses at my motivation) I was going to explain whether asked or not.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2012, 05:02:41 pm »

Voting without reasoning is not mafiascum style mafia.  It's troll style mafia, and after I amused myself with reactions (and gained information from guesses at my motivation) I was going to explain whether asked or not.

IMO troll style mafia is 100000X better in IRL games.

...That being said, you're on my turf.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2012, 05:03:22 pm »

I feel like the game is running away from me...what does this mean? I KNOW you must have something in mind. I'll get nothing from what? Why would I like that? I guess I echo C_F but I feel like this is not so much meant to be antagonistic as cryptic? Maybe?

I don't suppose asking for you to explain again nicely is going to get a straighter answer? :)

Pre-post edit: I guess you explained so this is now irrelevant. Still gonna post it. Is your vote serious or are you just trying to counter his prodding with more prodding? I would like to hear from SFS too but I'm not gonna vote now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2012, 05:03:59 pm »

And I can pretty much unvote since it was done just for lol's, and really without good reason.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2012, 05:06:38 pm »

Insomniac is not suspicious because he expressed suspicion, it's the lack thereof.  He mentioned the unlikelihood that his target was scum.

But the same can be said of your vote for him. But I guess I've been trolled anyway, so... /beingtrolled

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2012, 05:10:16 pm »

I feel like the game is running away from me...what does this mean? I KNOW you must have something in mind. I'll get nothing from what? Why would I like that? I guess I echo C_F but I feel like this is not so much meant to be antagonistic as cryptic? Maybe?

I have a suspicion that with 8 votes required, 21 real life days to go, and most of the active posters here being on their 2nd, 3rd or 4th games, that there's just alot of goofing off before its late enough that we can stop working without looking like slackers.

Pops' "get nothing and like it" actually made me lol.  I'm not reading too much into anything that happens here yet.  Reading into day 1 shenanigans almost got TINAS lynched, did get theory lynched, and had the entire spectating universe think that O was also Mafia.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2012, 05:13:05 pm »

Insomniac - Your timing is impeccable. Not lurking, just getting caught up.  Played golf this morning and this is the first time I've been able to read since confirming my role last night.  6 new pages, wow. Someone expressed concern that this would be longer than MIII, I suspect it will be very long indeed with 15 of us.

Voltgloss - Thanks for moderating this, with all you have going on.

Axxle - Thanks for the link to the two articles.  I found the second article to be particularly important.

Couple of housekeeping things before I begin the substantive part of my post:
1) I am a newbie, having never played this game at all in any format.
2) I have created a temporary signature to define my abbreviations for people's names. If your name is not abbreviated in my signature, I will do my best to use it in its entirety.  I did this because someone in an earlier post used the salutation "@G", and there are 4 names in this game that start with "G".
3) I'm not going to read MI or MII (with the exception of checking the two starting posts, to verify the absence of the players in my first question below), and I will likely abandon my reading of MIII, which is currently in Night 1.
4) My gender is male, if it helps anyone avoid awkward choices of pronoun.
5) I am on EDT in the US, if that is useful info for anyone in evaluating posting patterns. (God, I'm such a data whore).

Now, on to substance:

@Theo, Gloob, Green:  You were not in MI or MII or MIII.  Have you played Forum Mafia before?  Have you played IRL?

After reading the second article that Axxle suggested, I am of the opinion that random voting on Day 1 is anti-town.  Day 1 is indeed a time for to be as non random as possible.  So, I'll be bold:

VOTE: O, because he will be voting randomly.

Pre-post addendum:  OMG, while I'm wrestling with this, another full page?  I started this literally one minute after #211.

Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2012, 05:13:46 pm »

Welcome to Trolls! Your role is legitimate poster! Unfortunately for you, the trolls like to eat legitimate posters for breakfast, so in order to stay alive, you're going to have to troll the trolls into thinking you're a troll. But watchout, because there might be other legitimate  posters out there trying to troll you! You win if you can troll enough trolls into eating trolls, such that all trolls are dead and vanquished!

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2012, 05:16:22 pm »

Welcome to Trolls! Your role is legitimate poster! Unfortunately for you, the trolls like to eat legitimate posters for breakfast, so in order to stay alive, you're going to have to troll the trolls into thinking you're a troll. But watchout, because there might be other legitimate  posters out there trying to troll you! You win if you can troll enough trolls into eating trolls, such that all trolls are dead and vanquished!

+1 for the lol.

UNVOTE

Vote: Galzria - as we've clearly identified that humor is anti-town.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2012, 05:18:10 pm »

O, remember when you said we broke Galzria? I think we definitely did.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2012, 05:19:35 pm »

+1 for the lol.

UNVOTE

Vote: Galzria - as we've clearly identified that humor is anti-town.

Vote: Captain_Frisk - because apparently, the thing to do is to vote for the preceding poster.

Pre-post edit: Unvote
Vote: jotheonah

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:24 pm »

O, remember when you said we broke Galzria? I think we definitely did.

Mafia isn't for the weak of heart.

Vote: Dsell per his above reasoning.

Green Opal

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:42 pm »

Sweet, the forum's back to normal now.
Surely the Insomniac's SFS vote is of the same type that is there to draw people out of the woodwork (hey, that works as a turn of phrase) and was even discussed to that purpose? And I don't think simply not posting can be taken as that much of a sign of being town, simply on the odds being fairly low of the number of people who haven't said anything yet all being innocent.
Edit for catchup posts: well, it looks like that situation has resolved itself anyway. So in the name of trying to get something to happen, Vote: Glooble.

@SFS: I have played forum mafia, but not for a long time, and I played with a group of real life friends (on a shared interest forum) so everything was rather more silly and injokey. So this is the first time I've really been trying to deeply analyse what people are saying and meaning. That said I have read the first two games on here.

Second pre-edit: http://imgur.com/BDbiD

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »

Unvote

Got a response that is all I wanted for now.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.