Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 330541 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 START!)
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2012, 01:46:19 pm »

1 - Galzria
2 - Dsell
3 - Insomniac
4 - Robz888
5 - Captain_Frisk
6 - Axxle
7 - theorel
8 - Glooble
9 - popsofctown
10 - Tables
11 - Grujah
12 - jotheonah
13 - SwitchedFromStarcraft
(0)/14 - Green Opal

Last three digits mod 14 of the view count of This Video by 5 PM EST

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2012, 01:46:38 pm »

Also Galz I want it verifiable that I don't cheat. It's close enough when I use the seconds digit, 4 second timeframes are fify.

Fair enough. You know my stance on the whole issue to begin with, so not much reason to get into it. Whichever method you decide to use is fine with me then. I'll be (mostly) ignoring it anyway. Don't worry, no cheating accusations (unless my name comes out. ;)).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2012, 01:49:07 pm »

Well, if it is allowed..
I can encrypt all names with same password on
http://infoencrypt.com/
you choose one of the encrypted names and post it.
I reveal the password, and you see who to vote for.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:20 pm »

To further my case on Axxle, he's argued with me for simply asking questions, he's gone after J for posting light, ignorable humor (ignorable if it bothers you), and O for being O. The last of which if anybody had a right to do, it would be me!

He's starting arguments that go nowhere and bring no conclusions about being scum. I liked his question to TABLES, but everything else has had a distinctly unhelpful flavor to me.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »

Fifteen people calmly stood behind the locked portcullis, discussing their options and the best avenues by which they could find the Mafia among them.

Fifteen minutes later there were three sets of bruised knuckles, two tender jaws, a black eye, and six separate insults ranging all the way from "You'd fill a Moat with salt water and then stock it with giant slugs" up to the dreaded "Your idea of a good 5-2 opening is Duchy-Estate."

And the day was, yet, oh so very young.

Vote Count 1-1

jotheonah (2) - Captain_Frisk, popsofctown
O (1) - Axxle
Axxle (1) - Galzria

Not Voting (11) - Dsell, Insomniac, Robz888, O, theorel, Glooble, Tables, Grujah, jotheonah, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Green Opal

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Green Opal

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »

I upvoted Green Opal because I find woodwork lurkers amusing, so there's your explanation.
What do you mean by a woodwork lurker? Not a loaded question, just don't know the term.

I would posit that perhaps, there really is nothing to be gained from vote order when considered as it's own entity. But combined with reasons given, past stances, and stated preference for day length (By the way, what are your thoughts on allowing the day to go on, for the sole purpose of getting more posts or there?), I believe there is much to be gained from vote order.
Absolutely! I wasn't trying to say that there's nothing to be gained from it, as that would be inaccurate. Having everything written publicly here should at least have any Mafia carefully consider when they place their votes, which if nothing else lowers the odds of someone getting hammered when we're not expecting it...

To answer your question, I'm of the opinion that at some point, people are just likely to end up reiterating points already made if a day drags on a while (thinking the battle between TINAS and Ozle in day 2 of M1, which seemed to end up with both people asking each other the same questions over and over) without any really useful information/analysis coming out, so would lean towards people trying to bring the day to a close when they have a reasoned opinion/decision. How long that takes is certainly going to depend though - at the moment everyone seems genuinely interested in gathering information, though I haven't really been attaching specific viewpoints to people completely. Yet.

More thoughts coming up on the current voting.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2012, 02:11:24 pm »

Back on topic though, I think theory discussion is perfectly acceptable.  If people agree - then it gives you a common set of guidelines to measure peoples deviations from.

For example - If the consensus is that you should roleclaim @ LynchVotes - 1, and someone doesn't role claim, then they are either crazy like a fox (TINAS), or they are not a power role.

For example: If you explicitly know something to be bad play, and someone does it anyway - then that's information as well.  Either the person isn't thinking, is crazy, or is mafia.

The best example of this I can think would be Mafia II.  Going into day 3 - there are 3 town and 2 mafia.  If any member of the town misvotes - then the game is over, because the  two mafia can quick hammer him.  Sure enough, when

Thus - I was 90% sure that RobZ was Mafia when he opened the voting on Day 3.  A vanila townie wouldn't have enough information to put the game out there on a 50/50 shot at being right - when no hammer occurred over the remaining time, I was 100% sure.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2012, 02:24:24 pm »

1 - Galzria
2 - Dsell
3 - Insomniac
4 - Robz888
5 - Captain_Frisk
6 - Axxle
7 - theorel
8 - Glooble
9 - popsofctown
10 - Tables
11 - Grujah
12 - jotheonah
(0)/14 - Green Opal

Damnit O - this is a bad idea too.  There's no way for ANYONE else to know what the viewcount @ 5pm is... especially since the # is always moving.  You'll be able to claim anything you want - with no way for us to know.  You might as well pick a name from a hat - another unverifiable randomization process.

Anyhow - you've already accomplished the discussion - why don't you just skip the random voting and accuse someone?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2012, 02:41:15 pm »

Youtube doesn't update viewcount in real-time but on some regular interval. So if anyone checks near 5PM, it 'should' be ok. Encypting, however, works always. ;)

is it just me or forum is now extra-slow? I'm posting this from lynx (text-based browser) as a result.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2012, 02:41:15 pm »

Not Voting (11) - Dsell, Insomniac, Robz888, O, theorel, Glooble, Tables, Grujah, jotheonah, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Green Opal

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch[/color]

I somehow forgot that there were a billion other people playing. I would really to hear from Thoerel and Glooble and SFS some point soon, as they are new to Forum Mafia. And Dsell has not checked in yet, as far as I know (though he isn't new).

Oh, hey Frisk! You're wrong:

The best example of this I can think would be Mafia II.  Going into day 3 - there are 3 town and 2 mafia.  If any member of the town misvotes - then the game is over, because the  two mafia can quick hammer him.  Sure enough, when

Thus - I was 90% sure that RobZ was Mafia when he opened the voting on Day 3.  A vanila townie wouldn't have enough information to put the game out there on a 50/50 shot at being right - when no hammer occurred over the remaining time, I was 100% sure.

I didn't do that. Insomniac did that. He voted for me right off the bat on Day 3.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »

Back on topic though, I think theory discussion is perfectly acceptable.  If people agree - then it gives you a common set of guidelines to measure peoples deviations from.

For example - If the consensus is that you should roleclaim @ LynchVotes - 1, and someone doesn't role claim, then they are either crazy like a fox (TINAS), or they are not a power role.

For example: If you explicitly know something to be bad play, and someone does it anyway - then that's information as well.  Either the person isn't thinking, is crazy, or is mafia.

Actually I opened the voting on day 3, but withdrew when Robz roleclaimed.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2012, 02:47:50 pm »

1 - Galzria
2 - Dsell
3 - Insomniac
4 - Robz888
5 - Captain_Frisk
6 - Axxle
7 - theorel
8 - Glooble
9 - popsofctown
10 - Tables
11 - Grujah
12 - jotheonah
(0)/14 - Green Opal

Damnit O - this is a bad idea too.  There's no way for ANYONE else to know what the viewcount @ 5pm is... especially since the # is always moving.  You'll be able to claim anything you want - with no way for us to know.  You might as well pick a name from a hat - another unverifiable randomization process.

Anyhow - you've already accomplished the discussion - why don't you just skip the random voting and accuse someone?

To be honest, I just wanted to rickroll someone (though I could always Screencap that statistic).

And I've found Axxle very erratic this game so far. i feel like he's trying to be me, which annoys me. Only I get to do that  ;D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2012, 02:48:05 pm »

Forums are acting wonky for me at the moment. Apologies if this already posted:

To further my case on Axxle, he's argued with me for simply asking questions, he's gone after J for posting light, ignorable humor (ignorable if it bothers you), and O for being O. The last of which if anybody had a right to do, it would be me!

He's starting arguments that go nowhere and bring no conclusions about being scum. I liked his question to TABLES, but everything else has had a distinctly unhelpful flavor to me. I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts on this.

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »

Forums are acting wonky for me at the moment. Apologies if this already posted:

He's starting arguments that go nowhere and bring no conclusions about being scum. I liked his question to TABLES, but everything else has had a distinctly unhelpful flavor to me. I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts on this.

I currently don't suspect Axxle because he's drawn a lot of attention to himself. Which he didn't do in M1 when he was scum
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2012, 02:53:43 pm »

"Come out of the woodwork" means to come out of relative obscurity.  The origin of the English idiom probably originated when people could buy perfectly good furniture or houses, but once they own it termite came out of the woodwork.
"Lurker" is someone who reads a forum frequently reads a forum but almost never posts.

I combined the terms.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2012, 02:55:09 pm »

Youtube doesn't update viewcount in real-time but on some regular interval. So if anyone checks near 5PM, it 'should' be ok. Encypting, however, works always. ;)

is it just me or forum is now extra-slow? I'm posting this from lynx (text-based browser) as a result.

Superslow- I think Mafia IV is just too awesome for this poor server.

Oops - thank goodness for update posts preview.  I must have missed a few pages because I wasn't following closely.  This is what I was about to write:

@Robz
Really?  As far as I can tell - you opened the voting:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2549.msg44303#msg44303
May 30, 2012, 03:15:33 pm

Then there was the votecount
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2549.msg44315#msg44315

Then insomniac voted: May 31, 2012, 12:27:06 pm
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2549.msg44600#msg44600

-- end of WRONG post

Sorry for the confusion!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2012, 02:56:10 pm »

He's starting arguments that go nowhere and bring no conclusions about being scum. I liked his question to TABLES, but everything else has had a distinctly unhelpful flavor to me.
What? I never attacked you for asking questions.  I'm telling everyone to stop getting into arguments about theory.  You're the one who took it personally.  Did you just ignore this post?:
Also, Axxle, I disagree that we're talking "too much theory". I am explicitly trying to figure out what peoples voting patterns are going to be, and how they feel about letting the Mafia have more/less time to play around in the RVS. This can be very important to know if we approach an early vote before the deadline. Why are you so quick to write it off?
Asking people what their opinions of Lynch/No Lynch is fine.  Arguing your opinion is useless and distracting.

J's joke was anti-town because of how noisy it was.  And a lot of people seem to agree with that seeing as he has multiple votes on him.

I'll give you O.  But I really don't remember him being that random in Mafia I.  Maybe I just overlooked it because TINAS stole that show but I didn't see it.  Maybe I have to reread.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2012, 03:00:22 pm »

Superslow- I think Mafia IV is just too awesome for this poor server.

Oops - thank goodness for update posts preview.  I must have missed a few pages because I wasn't following closely.  This is what I was about to write:

@Robz
Really?  As far as I can tell - you opened the voting:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2549.msg44303#msg44303
May 30, 2012, 03:15:33 pm

Then there was the votecount
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2549.msg44315#msg44315

Then insomniac voted: May 31, 2012, 12:27:06 pm
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2549.msg44600#msg44600

-- end of WRONG post

Sorry for the confusion!

I opened for him on page 22, literally the first post on day 3

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2012, 03:05:02 pm »

and O for being O. The last of which if anybody had a right to do, it would be me!

You know, I think I've learned my lesson on piledriving Galzria...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2012, 03:07:03 pm »

and O for being O. The last of which if anybody had a right to do, it would be me!

O (and other players in M3) - Can we not talk about this game?  It's night time and we're all asleep.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2012, 03:07:40 pm »

Unvote

Well you were right.  Looking at Mafia I, O is just unhelpful Day 1 town, and miraculously changes Day 2 into good town.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2012, 03:08:47 pm »

O (and other players in M3) - Can we not talk about this game?  It's night time and we're all asleep.

Sorry about that.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2012, 03:10:36 pm »

Sorry about that.

In addition to players not being allowed to talk about M3, I CAN'T even respond to anyone who says ANYTHING about m3 in a post because of my moderating M3.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2012, 03:11:26 pm »

Unvote

Well you were right.  Looking at Mafia I, O is just unhelpful Day 1 town, and miraculously changes Day 2 into good town.

If by "unhelpful" you mean "getting a VT lynched instead of Town Cop, which was unhelpful to me since I was mafia", then yes, very unhelpful.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

Unvote

If by "unhelpful" you mean "getting a VT lynched instead of Town Cop, which was unhelpful to me since I was mafia", then yes, very unhelpful.
I feel like it was my fault not killing TINAS.  Not anyone else's.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 20 queries.