Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 330625 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

It's good to have an odd number of players.

Green Opal

• Herbalist
    • View Profile

Oops, I totally didn't read the post from someone else looking to play before mine. Feel free to ignore me, sorry!

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

It's good to have an odd number of players.

Or night-start with an even number?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Night starts kinda suck.  Though I shouldn't knock it before I try it, I guess.  Don't like the idea of them though..

Is Green Opal's avatar Young Witch art?  I don't own the card depicted but I'm curious.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Well, looks like we had 13 with jotheonah, and now SFS and Green Opal make 15, which I think is still workable with my planned setup.  So, hey, more the merrier (and ending on an odd number)!  15 it is, with a Day start.  I will adjust the opening post accordingly. 

I will close sign-ups now and get PMs out once the roles are rando-assigned.  There will then be a delay of roughly 6-12 hours before game start, to let teams (Mafia, Masons) have some pre-game discussion, and to let a Witch (if there is one) choose their passive ability.  Day 1 will begin either tonight at midnight EDT or tomorrow morning some time between 6:00 and 8:00 EDT. 

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

Night starts kinda suck.  Though I shouldn't knock it before I try it, I guess.  Don't like the idea of them though..

Is Green Opal's avatar Young Witch art?  I don't own the card depicted but I'm curious.

I find night start far preferable to day start. There is concrete information to be had D1 of the voting, even if nobody's going to release it.

It does suck for the people killing N1, though.

Green Opal

• Herbalist
    • View Profile

Awesome, thanks! And that is indeed Young Witch art, shamelessly stolen from Grujah's excellent thread.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

What set is Young Witch from?  I want one.

Even though my mom refuses to play games with curses :((

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Cornucopia.

And not shamelessly stolen, its there to be used.  ;D

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

@Voltgloss: Can I request that the mafia and potential masons be created a quicktopic for their discussion? This will allow people to look at their discussion after the game is over and might make it more interesting for after game discussion

Done.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Most of the players have confirmed receipt of their roles, but not all have yet.  Given the time zones at play, I don't anticipate receiving the last outstanding confirmations until the morning (EDT) at the earliest.  So the start of Day 1 will likely be some time around or before 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning (EDT), based on (1) when I receive the last confirmations and (2) when I wake up.  :)  If I haven't received all confirmations by then I will post to that effect.  I don't want to start until all confirmations are in.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Voltgloss, since you haven't specifically said this is locked until we start I assume this is ok?

I want to let everyone know up front that I will be on a weeklong vacation beginning June 15. It is very doubtful that I will have wifi during this time so I will be absent from the game for about a week.

Sorry about this everybody, I'm kinda bummed I'm missing time too (but not to go on vacation! Super excited about that!  ;D ), but I got permission before the game. Anyway, don't envy the reading I'll have when I get back.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Awkward parenthesis....can't....edit....
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

To be fair, I didn't confirm my first two games, so I don't know that everyone will here.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

Game hasn't started yet, so you can edit, maybe?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Oh wait, I guess since we have our roles then you can't.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I propose the thread gets "LOCKED" till Day one starts.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

I'm actually only waiting on one person now - Tables - who hasn't logged into the forum since I sent PMs out, so I know for sure he hasn't received his yet.  As he is U.K. timezone, I expect to receive his confirmation in (what is for me) the wee hours of the morning, after which I'll start the Day officially.

Re: Dsell's vacation:  Given the importance of having all players around for the first lynch deadline, I am going to set an extended deadline for Day 1 - out to June 25 (i.e., three weeks) - so there is no possibility of the lynch deadline occurring while Dsell is out of pocket. 

If Day 1 ends while Dsell is away, there will be an extended Night 1 until Dsell returns.  I realize this slows things down, but I don't want to tip whether Dsell has a power role with a nighttime power. 

I will update the intro post accordingly.

Until then, THREAD LOCKED.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:38:51 pm by Voltgloss »

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Tables still hasn't logged into the forum to see that we're ready to begin.  Once he has and has confirmed his role assignment, I'll start this up.  Watch this space.

EDIT:  Tables has just confirmed.  Anticipating Day 1 start around noon EDT.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:42:46 am by Voltgloss »

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Had a chance to get this underway earlier than anticipated and figured, hey, why wait further?  I'm as anxious as the rest of you to see the carnagefun begin.  :)

First, some mood music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTcxqhKedAU

Fifteen people stood gathered at the only exit from the Estate.  The solid iron portcullis blocking the gate mocked any attempt at egress without the proper key.  And that key, of course, was nowhere to be found.

Fifteen people thought back to the morning's breakfast Feast.  ("It's time for breakFEAST!" the Lord had jovially greeted them.  Happier times.)  They remembered the food taster carefully being served a sample of each dish provided, including the Lord's signature roast suckling pig.  They knew the food taster survived, whereupon all staff withdrew and the Lord and his guests tucked in.  Which meant that the poison - or acid - or whatever it was that had slain the Lord so, ah, emphatically - had to have been introduced by one of them.

Fifteen people had the same word on their minds.  "Mafia."  Only the Mafia had the resources, talent, and sheer psycopathy to start this campaign of death and terror.  And they would certainly wage it to the end.  The end, in this case, meaning the death or destruction of the Town's leaders.  Starting with the Lord... and ending with themselves.

Fifteen people considered the Town's only one chance.  That the "chosen" fifteen band together and, through reasoning, investigation, and perhaps a solid dose of luck, ferret out the Mafia hiding in their midst.  In a sense, the Mafia were trapped there just as much as the Townies.  The only way to hide would be in plain sight.

Fifteen people began to sweat, and the crucible's fire was just getting started.  Who would be lynched by the angry mob?  Who would die, silently (or not), in the night?  Who would be left standing when the portcullis was finally raised?  Who would prove the victor...

...WITHIN THESE ESTATE WALLS?

Day 1 Start

Not voting: Galzria, Dsell, Insomniac, Robz888, Captain_Frisk, O, Axxle, theorel, Glooble, popsofctown, Tables, Grujah, jotheonah, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Green Opal

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 START!)
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2012, 10:36:20 am »

+1 For moderating, and for excellent theme music - but I'll go one step further and suggest an orchestral version:

#t=20s

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2012, 10:54:01 am »

Ok, Help a noob out. I've never played forum mafia (only IRL), as we start on a day I have no idea what to base any suspicion on. Ok, there is between 2 and 5 scum, so we are between 13.333% and 30% likely to guess if we lynch randomly, but how do we improve these chances?

Is there any role worth claiming this early? It puts a big target on your head but as we might as well have a Doctor of some sort it might not be (that?) bad?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:13 am »

Everyone should read this (and the second part): http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=12228

I only just found it the other day and found it very useful for getting out of the starting random mindset.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2012, 11:07:51 am »

Is there any role worth claiming this early? It puts a big target on your head but as we might as well have a Doctor of some sort it might not be (that?) bad?
You should not role claim early.  Role claim when you have valuable information to share and no one is listening to you without a role claim or if you're about to get lynched since there's no guarantee that we have a protective role to prevent nightkills.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2012, 11:19:37 am »

Thats .. a useful article, but it didn't help me much.
Ok, it tells you how to argue, and I got that, but what confuses me is this.. Day 1 "livelock" situation. I mean, I have no objective reason to campaign/argue against anyone, nor to candidate anyone in particular to lynch; but as all other players(town or scum pretending to be town) are in same (at least it seems to me) situation as I am - none really has anything in particular against anyone else, they cannot argue/campaign/propose lynching either.

I mean, who do I argue right now? Or what is my optimal move right now? I don't know why I would gain any "player points" for arguing/throwing out of the blue. Yes, I get it can get responses, and hence some info out, but I don't see a reason for somebody to answer a random accusation or..

Like, I ask something like.. Who do you think we should lynch? I somewhat understood for (very loosely) watching other mafias here that we should lynch on day1.

@Axxle 2nd post - that makes sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.