Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 330630 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

I want to clarify 2 more things:
What happends if 2 persons target to kill each other? (Vigilante and Witch for example?)
Also if A kills B and B kills C?

more general:
only 1 mafia actually does the actual kill, and mafia need to choose that killer, right?
So you need to block that specific mafia player to stop the kill, right?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

To your second question: yes. You must stop that member.

Not sure on your first, but I think they happen simultaneously, so they all die.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

thinking about it... keep saying I'm just gonna spectate the next one.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

thinking about it... keep saying I'm just gonna spectate the next one.

You should play!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

I want to clarify 2 more things:
What happends if 2 persons target to kill each other? (Vigilante and Witch for example?)
Also if A kills B and B kills C?

Kills happen simultaneously.  Or, more accurately, getting killed during the night doesn't stop you from using your night ability.  So if, say, a Militiaman and a Witch target each other, they both die (or, if the Witch chose One-Shot Bulletproof, the Militiaman dies and the Witch's Bulletproof is used up).

more general:
only 1 mafia actually does the actual kill, and mafia need to choose that killer, right?
So you need to block that specific mafia player to stop the kill, right?

This is correct.  The killer could be any member of the Mafia.  Note, though, that if the Mafia Thief does the kill, he can't simultaneously use his roleblock ability.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

So I'd like to play, but Glooble and I are RL acquaintances. We don't live in the same place but we talk often. We can make a pact not to talk about the game, but I totally understand if the existence of such a relationship would be troubling to other players, and I would have no hard feelings about sitting out.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

So I'd like to play, but Glooble and I are RL acquaintances. We don't live in the same place but we talk often. We can make a pact not to talk about the game, but I totally understand if the existence of such a relationship would be troubling to other players, and I would have no hard feelings about sitting out.

As moderator, I don't have a problem with this.  It doesn't seem any more of an issue than players' ability to PM each other through the forum.  We're all making an implicit pact not to use those PMs to talk to each other about the game (unless explicitly authorized by the game rules).  I don't see any reason such a pact can't extend to RL discussions as well.

Any signed-up players have an issue with this?

Assuming no objections come in, I anticipate sending role PMs out this evening (like around 11:00 p.m. or so EDT) and officially launching the game/starting the Day 1 clock at midnight. 

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I have no problem with it. We have to assume each other's best intentions.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

I have no objections, as Volt points out we're all basically agreeing to not cheat by PMing except when allowed. You guys would make a strong mafia pair though as you could talk in real life.

VOTE: jotheonah

(Just kidding)

UNVOTE
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

No problems. Would be glad to have you J.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Yeah, just don't talk about the game.  I've done it, it's not that hard.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Can you publicly claim that you are Mason?
I mean, Masons should keep their society secret and stuff.  ;D

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

POTENTIAL 13th PLAYER:

I am intrigued with the notion of playing, but I've never played before, and have only read parts of M III. I'm not interested in reading any of M I or MII, as the proposed 2 week interval between deadlines would seem to guarantee that more reading will be required for M IV than any of the previous iterations.  Given all that, would I be welcome, and more importantly, would I be an asset to the game?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

@Voltgloss: Can I request that the mafia and potential masons be created a quicktopic for their discussion? This will allow people to look at their discussion after the game is over and might make it more interesting for after game discussion
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Yes SFS.  You're one of my favorite f.ds posters.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

POTENTIAL 13th PLAYER:

I am intrigued with the notion of playing, but I've never played before, and have only read parts of M III. I'm not interested in reading any of M I or MII, as the proposed 2 week interval between deadlines would seem to guarantee that more reading will be required for M IV than any of the previous iterations.  Given all that, would I be welcome, and more importantly, would I be an asset to the game?
I think MI and MII both had 2 week deadlines (MII definitely did), but those were never reached.  And yes, we'd love to have you in the game.  Just have your build orders ready before the game starts :)
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I changed my mind.  We're not letting you in unless you read MI and MII, read all of my councilroom logs for games in which I purchase a Gardens, and watch twelve Zerg fast expand replays.

Then you can play.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

I have a fan club???

And how did you know I play Zerg?
Posting begets posting.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

You ask too many questions.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

I changed my mind.  We're not letting you in unless you read MI and MII, read all of my councilroom logs for games in which I purchase a Gardens, and watch twelve Zerg fast expand replays.

Then you can play.
If I've counted correctly, you've bought a Gardens in 133 games.  109 would have been my limit.

What now?

Also, for what it's worth, if I play, I (sort of) promise not to use emoticons.  Maybe.
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

You ask too many questions.

Ah, so I'm well suited to be an investigator.
Posting begets posting.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

You shouldn't be counting the losses.  Or acknowledging they exist.  It should go without saying.

Hey who upvoted me somewhere on the forums while I was at exactly 100 respect?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:17:23 pm by popsofctown »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

You shouldn't be counting the losses.  Or acknowledging they exist.  It should go without saying.

Hey who upvoted me somewhere on the forums while I was at exactly 100 respect?
Don't worry, I'll find somewhere I upvoted you and remove it :P

edit: and done! :Evil face:

Green Opal

• Herbalist
    • View Profile

Hi! I haven't posted here much but I'm around these forums a lot, and have been enjoying watching the other Mafia games go through. Assuming someone more deserving doesn't want the space I'd like to play!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

It's up to Volt but I would be fine including all these people even in excess of 13, and then just adjusting number of roles and mafia accordingly. But whatever Volt wants is totally acceptable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.