Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [fail] Trading post province+estate  (Read 930 times)

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
[fail] Trading post province+estate
« on: June 01, 2012, 05:07:35 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/01/game-20120601-135647-7df88837.html

On turn 20, since I had 11 silvers (thank you, dear my opponent when i went margrave+masquerade  ^^) and a trading post in hand and +$2 from swindler, and there are 3 provinces remaining, I say myself : "why not getting all of three ?" yes, but I needed an extra +$2... so trashed I an estate and a province, so $24 to spend.
Yes, BUT... i had only 2 buys !!! And no more ! I remembered buying 2 margraves, but this was everything.

And I eventually won by only 6 points. If he had the money to catch the last one... well, I would still have won because of the difference of turns taken.

But this is to say, when you have lots of money to spend and a huge confidence in yourself because of your engine... don't forget your buys ! I'm not so proud of my mistake ! I still wanted to tell you about it !
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.