Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 100  All

Author Topic: Apparently this is where people talk when it's night  (Read 294058 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently this is where people talk when it's night
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2012, 01:54:10 pm »

Removed, not sure allowed to talk about fight club here
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:24:10 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2012, 02:22:12 pm »

Me too! Hello Beta and Iso and Mafia, more like it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2012, 02:48:53 pm »

Me too! Hello Beta and Iso and Mafia and Mafia and Mafia, more like it.
FTFY
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2012, 09:53:11 pm »

How do people feel about steganography in mafia, like what was done in M3, spelling out your role name with the first letter of paragraphs?

How about encryption?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2012, 09:57:17 pm »

How do people feel about steganography in mafia, like what was done in M3, spelling out your role name with the first letter of paragraphs?

How about encryption?

Honestly, I've got enough other stuff to pay attention to. I don't have the energy to see stuff like that, and honestly it's just as likely to be harmful to town as helpful.

So... Don't care for it overall I suppose.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2012, 09:58:47 pm »

As a mod I'd be against cryptography just because it will allow the mafia to converse during the day.

That said, we did to a tiny bit in MI, where Ozle would tell me the results of his investigation in the first post of the day (we ran it by the mod first)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:00:23 pm by Axxle »
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:57 pm »

How about encryption?

FWIW the steganography (I did not know this word before) didn't come into play during the actual game.  I was prepared to pull it out if anyone counterclaimed, though it would probably be easy to write off as a Mafia trick.  I think it was a fun thing to do once.  I wouldn't try it again, especially because of all the WIFOM that could go with it.

I'm against encryption.  Axxle just described something with Ozle in MI; I would be against that.  If a group is supposed to have daychat, they'll get it.  Encryption is just a way around that rule.  OTOH, it would be interesting if daychat was disallowed EXCEPT for encryption.  And then everyone is overanalyzing every post trying to break the codes. :P

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:06 pm »

Heh, I didn't notice the communication in M1 at all, what was the tell, Axxle?

Seconded/thirded/nth on the no-encryption; nothing wrong with daychat if some group should have it, just don't bother making town overanalyze every little word, it would be so annoying.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2012, 11:39:44 pm »

How about encryption?

FWIW the steganography (I did not know this word before) didn't come into play during the actual game.  I was prepared to pull it out if anyone counterclaimed, though it would probably be easy to write off as a Mafia trick.  I think it was a fun thing to do once.  I wouldn't try it again, especially because of all the WIFOM that could go with it.

I'm against encryption.  Axxle just described something with Ozle in MI; I would be against that.  If a group is supposed to have daychat, they'll get it.  Encryption is just a way around that rule.  OTOH, it would be interesting if daychat was disallowed EXCEPT for encryption.  And then everyone is overanalyzing every post trying to break the codes. :P

We had codewords for rolecop investigation results with yuma and voltgloss in in MIII. At the time I didnt realize it could be scummy (see what I did there), but now that I'm less busy with being amazed at someone having the creativity to suggest it, yeah, definitely seems iffy. There should be a clear ruling about this imo* (and I would prefer for it to be prohibited, not passionate about the issue though). I sort of want to apologize for us three although the town won anyways and I doubt it decreased anyones enjoyment in the game.

*If its already in the rules, I would suggest some clarification or rewording because I read the rules and didnt realize we were breaking them and I doubt yuma or Voltgloss were doing it intentionally either.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »

How about encryption?

We had codewords for rolecop investigation results with yuma and voltgloss in in MIII. At the time I didnt realize it could be scummy (see what I did there), but now that I'm less busy with being amazed at someone having the creativity to suggest it, yeah, definitely seems iffy. There should be a clear ruling about this imo* (and I would prefer for it to be prohibited, not passionate about the issue though). I sort of want to apologize for us three although the town won anyways and I doubt it decreased anyones enjoyment in the game.

*If its already in the rules, I would suggest some clarification or rewording because I read the rules and didnt realize we were breaking them and I doubt yuma or Voltgloss were doing it intentionally either.

What were the codewords?  Didn't notice it during the game.

But I think that that was actually against the rules.  IIRC, there was indeed a rule against encryption (I thought about it before doing my JAILKEEPER acronym) and I would say that using codewords is encryption.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2012, 11:54:21 pm »

How about encryption?

What were the codewords?  Didn't notice it during the game.

But I think that that was actually against the rules.  IIRC, there was indeed a rule against encryption (I thought about it before doing my JAILKEEPER acronym) and I would say that using codewords is encryption.

We changed them every night to make it impossible for you guys. It was the first word of yumas first post, here is a sample codebook, this was for day 3 or something.

Quote from: yuma
Alright=vanilla townie
wow=jailer
Holy=cop
Jeez=doctor
well=mason
I=serial killer
If=vigilante
That=role not in codebook

If it is a one-shot ability I will end the sentence with an exclamation mark (!)

Like you suggested if I use the word interesting, in my next three sentences, the third word will spell out the first three letters, exactly like you did for jester.

Again I'm sorry, I didnt realize it was prohibited. "I swear I only did it once.."

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2012, 11:56:18 pm »

It never even crossed my mind that that sort of signaling would fall under the "no encryption" rule, but if the community at large feels it does, I don't have a problem with it being clearly prohibited going forward.

Not that it helped us, anyway.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:09 pm »

I would consider it encryption, but whatever, we still won. ;)

Not even sure it's that useful to know.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2012, 12:04:25 am »

Well, useful not, a clear ruling "prohibited or not" would still be good imo.

Aww thinking about MIII opens up the wounds, how did we lose that. :/

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2012, 12:07:02 am »

Shuffle luck.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2012, 12:10:28 am »

Shuffle luck.

On the post-Morgrim-lynch nightkill, yeah, but I can definitely see where I at least made gameplay mistakes along the way.  Food for thought for next time, it all is.  :)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2012, 12:32:27 am »

Shuffle luck.

On the post-Morgrim-lynch nightkill, yeah, but I can definitely see where I at least made gameplay mistakes along the way.  Food for thought for next time, it all is.  :)

Yeah, even when the game was still going I felt like I played the entire game pretty bad. And we as a team screwed up the day that ended with Volt getting lynched oh so bad, OH WHY WHY didnt we claim something. :/ Live and learn!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2012, 01:24:58 am »

Axxle just described something with Ozle in MI; I would be against that.  If a group is supposed to have daychat, they'll get it.  Encryption is just a way around that rule.  OTOH, it would be interesting if daychat was disallowed EXCEPT for encryption.  And then everyone is overanalyzing every post trying to break the codes. :P
It was something incredibly brief and simple.  "If he has a power role and we dont find out till morning and we cannot communicate, if he is a cop ill spell your name with a lower case a, if he is the doctor ill spell your namewhen i first mention it with only one x"

Like I said I made sure Pops was ok with it, because honestly I would not have allowed that as mod, but since Ozle wanted to I just went along with it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2012, 01:28:16 am »

Axxle just described something with Ozle in MI; I would be against that.  If a group is supposed to have daychat, they'll get it.  Encryption is just a way around that rule.  OTOH, it would be interesting if daychat was disallowed EXCEPT for encryption.  And then everyone is overanalyzing every post trying to break the codes. :P
It was something incredibly brief and simple.  "If he has a power role and we dont find out till morning and we cannot communicate, if he is a cop ill spell your name with a lower case a, if he is the doctor ill spell your namewhen i first mention it with only one x"

Like I said I made sure Pops was ok with it, because honestly I would not have allowed that as mod, but since Ozle wanted to I just went along with it.

lynch all "typos"

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2012, 01:34:22 am »

Psh. You're all newbs.  ;)

Keep it simple:

Sounds good! Look for my suspicion ranking--if I make one, it will be in order to tell you that I learned we should not go after Voltgloss.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2012, 02:06:56 am »

Bam! Simple code. That I guess might be illegal, now that I think about it. Is it?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2012, 02:12:32 am »

Bam! Simple code. That I guess might be illegal, now that I think about it. Is it?
Well that would be mafia communicating during the day, which - given they dont have day chat - feels against the spirit if not the letter of the rulebook? But I would guess its up to the mod of the particular game to decide this.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2012, 11:07:36 am »

It is technically illegal. I wasn't that stoked when I was told about the jailkeeper thing the thing is as a mod I'm not going to read every single post to see if there is a hidden message there especially since even if I find one it doesn't mean it was intended. So while it is against the rules it is super hard to enforce. The rules in question are

9. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:56 am »

Always makes me chuckle when I see the name insomniac in a post about night time talking.

Anyways, yeah, I did it after checking with the Mod, had no idea of the levels to go to though, and it didn't help as I got no results and then lynched the next day anyway!

mafia Rolecop is not what what you want in your first ever game of mafia!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2012, 02:18:42 pm »

Idea:

Robz is in every game.
f.ds has a history of lynching town D1.
We lynch Robz D1 every game.
We are bound to hit scum D1 eventually.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.