Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 100  All

Author Topic: Apparently this is where people talk when it's night  (Read 294084 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently this is where people talk when it's night
« Reply #950 on: January 22, 2013, 02:56:17 pm »

Maybe "Avada Kedavra" rapidly depletes your Magic Meter, or something. But if that's the case, it's something JK Rowling never spells out. (But perhaps only because she's too busy posthumously declaring characters gay.)

I'm going to guess that Avada Kedavra just takes too long to say in a proper duel.  Then again, Expelliarmus is a mouthful as well.  Maybe the latter is easier to do without incantation, while the former is too difficult for most.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 22, 2013, 02:56:32 pm »

Man don't even get me started....

Fred and George owned the Marauder's Map for years before giving it to Harry. They weren't concerned about their younger brother sleeping with a middle aged dead wizard each night?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 22, 2013, 02:58:48 pm »

Man don't even get me started....

Fred and George owned the Marauder's Map for years before giving it to Harry. They weren't concerned about their younger brother sleeping with a middle aged dead wizard each night?

Fred and George were very open minded people.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 22, 2013, 02:59:29 pm »

Maybe "Avada Kedavra" rapidly depletes your Magic Meter, or something. But if that's the case, it's something JK Rowling never spells out. (But perhaps only because she's too busy posthumously declaring characters gay.)

I'm going to guess that Avada Kedavra just takes too long to say in a proper duel.  Then again, Expelliarmus is a mouthful as well.  Maybe the latter is easier to do without incantation, while the former is too difficult for most.

Yeah, okay, so why doesn't everyone just use "Reducto!"? "Reducto" just obliterates you. And it's easy to say. And it's not illegal! That's actually a nice work-around for the good wizards. The spell that just plain kills you is illegal, but the one that implodes you is fine. I think Ginny uses it on a dark wizard in Book 5, or something.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 22, 2013, 03:00:57 pm »

It's possibly the greatest regret of my life to date.

Well, if you had a Time Turner...

You could use it to save the world?  Save Harry's parents?  Stop the rise of Voldemort? 

Nah, just use it so you can take Arithmancy and Divination.

Save innocent wizards? Nah.

Save an innocent hippogriff? Let's roll.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 22, 2013, 03:04:16 pm »

"I think 5 turns of the Time Turner should suffice," said Dumbeldore to Hermione and a perplexed Harry.

"What is he on about?" asked Harry.

"He wants me to use my time travel device to rescue Sirius and Buckbeak," answered Hermione.

"Right on, wicked! Hey, why don't you wind it back a little further?"

50 years earlier, Harry and Hermione apparate over to the Riddle home, where they observe baby Tom, the future Voldemort.

"Reducto!" shouted Harry, pointing his wand at the baby's face.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 22, 2013, 03:13:08 pm »

"I think 5 turns of the Time Turner should suffice," said Dumbeldore to Hermione and a perplexed Harry.

"What is he on about?" asked Harry.

"He wants me to use my time travel device to rescue Sirius and Buckbeak," answered Hermione.

"Right on, wicked! Hey, why don't you wind it back a little further?"

50 years earlier, Harry and Hermione apparate over to the Riddle home, where they observe baby Tom, the future Voldemort.

"Reducto!" shouted Harry, pointing his wand at the baby's face.

And they all lived happily ever after.
Harry couldn't apparate during book 3.  So farfetched... :)
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 22, 2013, 03:25:36 pm »

You know, you can probably find a JK Rowling answer for every one of these plot holes Not necessarily good answers, but answers. She's historically been pretty Donald Xish about engaging/ bickering with fans (the difference being that she had far, far more and crazier folks to contend with).
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 22, 2013, 03:29:28 pm »

You know, you can probably find a JK Rowling answer for every one of these plot holes Not necessarily good answers, but answers. She's historically been pretty Donald Xish about engaging/ bickering with fans (the difference being that she had far, far more and crazier folks to contend with).

I haven't read such things, but my answer would be that messing with time is dangerous business.  To mess with something mundane like taking extra classes, well, that's small enough that it's alright.  But to undo an entire war, that's too big to handle.  The rewards could be great, certainly, but who knows what the risks are.

Also, time travel is weird stuff.  Since in the past Voldemort wasn't stopped, that means going back in time to stop him would not work.  Because it never happened.  All the stuff with Buckbeak did happen, so it was OK when the trio went back to save him.  Because they had already saved him.  :P

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 22, 2013, 03:34:35 pm »

But hey, here you go guys:

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 22, 2013, 04:21:48 pm »

Its almost as if none of it were real......
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 22, 2013, 04:31:32 pm »

I haven't read such things, but my answer would be that messing with time is dangerous business.  To mess with something mundane like taking extra classes, well, that's small enough that it's alright.  But to undo an entire war, that's too big to handle.  The rewards could be great, certainly, but who knows what the risks are.

Also, time travel is weird stuff.  Since in the past Voldemort wasn't stopped, that means going back in time to stop him would not work.  Because it never happened.  All the stuff with Buckbeak did happen, so it was OK when the trio went back to save him.  Because they had already saved him.  :P

Exactly. Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the best examples of a consistent closed causal loop in time travel fiction.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 22, 2013, 04:34:19 pm »

Even the wiki answers this.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Killing_Curse

Takes too much skill and concentration to use unless you are awesome

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 22, 2013, 04:43:46 pm »

Even the wiki answers this.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Killing_Curse

Takes too much skill and concentration to use unless you are awesome

That doesn't imply to me that it takes like an overriding amount of skill to use it, just that fourth graders can't use it willy nilly. Just like they can't apparate the first time they try it, but eventually every wizard with half a brain can do it.

Or, Magic Meters!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 24, 2013, 03:03:47 am »

I was like 10 when I started reading the harry potters, so i fell in love with them early enough to not mind any plot holes. I still read through them every couple of years, good times.  :)

in other news, whats up with killing me in two of my three games when i'm having my peaceful night time rest! Grrr, it's like getting Jimmm'd but twice as bad!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 24, 2013, 03:16:43 am »

Grrr, it's like getting Jimmm'd but twice as bad!

Hehe, welcome to the club. :)

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 24, 2013, 04:56:19 am »

Well, I guess you're just going to have to move a few timezones to the west.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 24, 2013, 11:32:59 am »

in other news, whats up with killing me in two of my three games when i'm having my peaceful night time rest! Grrr, it's like getting Jimmm'd but twice as bad!

Seems your resting wasn't as peaceful as you'd hoped, now your swimming with the fishes
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 24, 2013, 11:33:41 am »

Bobbing along on the bottom of the beautiful briny sea..

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 24, 2013, 07:25:43 pm »

Lookie look, morgrims back!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 24, 2013, 08:20:43 pm »

Shhh, you'll scare him away.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 25, 2013, 12:34:29 am »

Need a replacement for Mafia Noir (RMM-V) as soon as possible. Please PM me if you're available!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 25, 2013, 03:19:39 am »

hahaha the only thing that might scare me away would be making me a VT in the RMM game. Talking about Harry Potter are we? Love that series. I'm on the Order of the Phoenix; started a couple weeks ago. Excellent writing.

"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 25, 2013, 09:17:40 am »

hahaha the only thing that might scare me away would be making me a VT in the RMM game. Talking about Harry Potter are we? Love that series. I'm on the Order of the Phoenix; started a couple weeks ago. Excellent writing.

Someone get this man a slowpoke meme!

Need a replacement for Mafia Noir (RMM-V) as soon as possible. Please PM me if you're available!

I'll do it!

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:04 pm »

So, that lolcats game.  If I were to post in there, I would say that it is foolish to reduce a Survivor's wincon to "not ours".  It looks like there have already been 3 Mafia and 2 SK killed, plus 1 unknown.  Possibly there is just 1 Mafia or SK left, so the Survivor would side with the town.  And I would be suspicious of those who are just closing in on the easy lynch.

But I am not posting in there.  Hummmm. :(  :-X
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 20 queries.