Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Should Inn always shuffle your deck, even when you don't put any Actions in?  (Read 34172 times)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile

And of course if you don't shuffle Inn into your deck with Inn's own power, you can still reveal Watchtower to top-deck Inn after you've shuffled, and Isotropic correctly allows this.

Now this I didn't realize! So you can in fact use Watchtower to end up with an Inn on top of your deck? I always assumed that it was impossible; Inn would either be shuffled into your draw deck or left in your discard. I guess it makes sense, that "lose-track" doesn't actually happen here; but I always thought it would. You gain Inn; then choose Inn's reaction first. This allows you to look through your discard pile and pull actions out of it. Even though Inn doesn't actually move to another place because of this, your discard pile is being manipulated; to the point that I thought Watchtower would lose track of Inn.

The difference, I think, is that the discard pile is face-up (and also is known to contain the Inn). You can't shuffle your deck and then top-deck something that you shuffled in, because you don't know where it is, because the deck is face-down (and you're not allowed to look, hence Stash requiring a different back).

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile

The more complex case is if you gain an Inn to your deck instead of your discard pile, and have a Watchtower. The only way that can happen is probably if you Develop something into an Inn. This has been brought up on BGG. In this case the Watchtower loses track of the Inn no matter what.

Also see this and every other rules question you may have addressed in the Complete and All-Encompassing Dominion FAQ: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Complete_and_All-Encompassing_Dominion_FAQ :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.