Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: ZOMGZ The Dominion Online website is doing something!  (Read 94199 times)

bozzball

• Bishop
  • Respect: +68
    • View Profile
Re: ZOMGZ The Dominion Online website is doing something!
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2012, 11:17:01 am »
+1

I, for one, don't particularly care about logs. I am most interested in having a user interface that feels like playing the game in real life. It looks like it might be the best attempt yet.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »

Is it heresy to say I am not massively bothered by logs myself? Im probably not as hardcore as a lot of you, I Just hang about because I like you lot (well, some of you anyways....*grins*)

im probably the average player, I own most of the expansions in card format, then was looking at BGG and then found here. If I hadn't found here I wouldnt even have ever looked at a log or even know they existed. And I have probably played more RL games than I have on Isotropic (which isn't to knock Iso, its awesome)

Of course ill definately be getting the app as long as its not crazy prices, or subscriptions (man I HATE subscriptions), and if its not up to scratch then ill probably just go back to playing other games
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Caprica

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2012, 07:08:21 pm »

I can't say I'm not sceptic, but it is reassuring that Donald X really cares this much!:)

Also. I'm interested in the beta.

Mister Alex

• Scout
  • Respect: +116
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »

I want to put in a vote for pro-logs.  Especially after a particularly epic match... win or lose... I really enjoy being able to go back and review the game turn-by-turn, either in a "where-did-things-go-wrong" way, or just "ah, that was a really good game" way. 

Will we have stats?  Win/loss records?  And more crucially... achievement badges?!??  I NEED those badges!!  YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME THOSE STINKIN' BADGES!!*

*shout-out to the classic film "The Treasure Map of the Sierra Minion"

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25709
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2012, 10:38:23 pm »
+12

I want to put in a vote for pro-logs.  Especially after a particularly epic match... win or lose... I really enjoy being able to go back and review the game turn-by-turn, either in a "where-did-things-go-wrong" way, or just "ah, that was a really good game" way. 

Will we have stats?  Win/loss records?  And more crucially... achievement badges?!??  I NEED those badges!!  YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME THOSE STINKIN' BADGES!!*
We will have logs, just not in the initial beta. There will be stats, there will be achievements.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2012, 10:55:28 pm »
+2

We will have logs, just not in the initial beta. There will be stats, there will be achievements.

Man, remember when everyone was up in arms about how bad the app would be before we had any information on it. Cautious optimism, people.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2012, 11:41:55 pm »

Man, remember when everyone was up in arms about how bad the app would be before we had any information on it. Cautious optimism, people.

Indeed.  Personally, I have no trouble at all with "not in the first beta," because, man, have you ever been in a beta test?  I have.  It's not pretty.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2012, 08:18:03 am »

Indeed.  Personally, I have no trouble at all with "not in the first beta," because, man, have you ever been in a beta test?  I have.  It's not pretty.

I have. It was fun all around.  ;D

Piemaster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2012, 11:59:45 am »

I was in an alpha test for an online game once.  That was really not pretty.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 1.339 seconds with 20 queries.