Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: BGG Dominion League... is always recruiting!  (Read 3304 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
BGG Dominion League... is always recruiting!
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:47:16 pm »

As many people here know, there is a Dominion league on BGG, played on Isotropic.  Alas, it's been a bit slower than usual lately, for reasons no one's really entirely certain of, though part of it is that fewer players means fewer chances to match two players, which means fewer people qualify, which means fewer people want to play... well, you get the idea.

I figure most of the people who would read this board would be at least somewhat interested in league play.  Some people left the league and focused more on the ladder, but the ladder isn't the best indicator of actual player strength, because it can be (barely) gamed.

So, who's going to come join/rejoin?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

krawhitham

• Baron
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: BGG Dominion League... is always recruiting!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:33:38 pm »

Perhaps you could post details on how to join?

Stoc

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:48:14 pm »

Everything you need should be here or here.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:47 pm »

Hrm, yeah, actually posting a link would have been a good idea!  The main link is actually right here.

I recommend Stoc's second link rather than his first, though.  Just for the lulz, as it were.

Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Yariv

• Steward
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »

How is the league better than the ladder for ranking? The ladder has a good system that estimates well the actual skill, whereas the league seems to be decided by few games on the last stage with the number of games being a primary factor in the first stage (the number of wins, but the number of games is quite influential in determining the number of wins). Am I missing anything, or is this simply a method designed to improve the chances of second-tier players (I would consider myself second tier, based on the ladder) to have a shot at winning a title?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.