Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: New Base Gold Image Released  (Read 20186 times)

KMueller

• Baron
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
New Base Gold Image Released
« on: May 25, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »
+9

Not at all strategy related, but just saw this on the RGG website:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
Re: New Base Gold Image Released
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 03:09:53 pm »

Awesome
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 03:12:39 pm »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:15:04 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KMueller

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 03:13:34 pm »

Sort of surprised there is no image in the corner, thought they might come up with something for this box. Maybe there will be in the printed version.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KMueller

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:25:29 pm »

Also, wondering if this Amazon page is legit: http://www.amazon.com/Rio-Grande-Games-Dominion-Cards/dp/B007MKLX84/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1337973643&sr=1-2
Yeah, not paying $12 in shipping. I'll wait for it to show up in FLGS or regular Amazon.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:39:21 pm by KMueller »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:33:06 pm »
+3

Also, wondering if this Amazon page is legit: http://www.amazon.com/Rio-Grande-Games-Dominion-Cards/dp/B007MKLX84/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1337973643&sr=1-2
Yeah, not paying $12 in shipping. I'll wait for it to show in in FLGS or regular Amazon.

Did not even notice that.  Tricksy little hobbitses, they are.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:34:01 pm »
+1

I posted this over at BGG, but I'm wondering on the new Victory/Curse cards, how are we meant to tell how many Victory Points each is worth?

Some possibilities:
1. They will have small VP symbols overlaid with numbers on the top corners of the cards.
2. They will have the usual number next to the VP symbol overlaying the art somewhere in the middle of the card.
3. We're just supposed to know by now how many VP each of these cards is worth.
4. The art itself will somehow convey the number of VP each card is worth.

These are all kind of poor options, but I hope it's #2. #1 is ugly. #3 is a barrier to entry for new players. #4 just seems weird.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

I posted this over at BGG, but I'm wondering on the new Victory/Curse cards, how are we meant to tell how many Victory Points each is worth?

Some possibilities:
1. They will have small VP symbols overlaid with numbers on the top corners of the cards.
2. They will have the usual number next to the VP symbol overlaying the art somewhere in the middle of the card.

These are all kind of poor options, but I hope it's #2. #1 is ugly. #3 is a barrier to entry for new players. #4 just seems weird.

They might put the numbers in the upper corners of the card, like the value of Treasures.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »

Shiny!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »

Some possibilities:

They might put the numbers in the upper corners of the card, like the value of Treasures.

Yes, that would be option #1 in my list.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 11:53:27 pm »

Some possibilities:

Why couldn't it just be the number of victory points in the lower half with the artwork in the upper half? Basically, it'd have the same layout as Islands, Great Halls, etc. That's what I would expect.

While the base victory cards kind of set a baseline, I think that the subsequent victory cards have really set the standard.
A man has no signature

Forge!!!

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +128
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 12:13:27 am »

Cool, feels a lot like 7 wonders artwork to me for some reason.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 01:05:10 am »

Why couldn't it just be the number of victory points in the lower half with the artwork in the upper half? Basically, it'd have the same layout as Islands, Great Halls, etc. That's what I would expect.

That would be nice, but they've already said that all the cards in the Base Cards set will have top-to-bottom art, like the new Gold card here.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 10:19:36 am »

That would be nice, but they've already said that all the cards in the Base Cards set will have top-to-bottom art, like the new Gold card here.

Ah, that's why. I got nothing then. I was going to say that perhaps it's just in the rules that Estates, Duchies, and Provinces are always worth 1/3/6 but not really. While the pictures of these cards have the numbers, the rules don't specifically say that. The rules say that you total the number of shield icons.
A man has no signature

Willvon

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 01:55:56 am »

I'm excited to finally be able to see what these are going to look like.  However, have we ever heard what the extra thing was that they wanted to add to the Base cards set that caused distribution to be delayed another 1-1/2 months?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 03:27:15 am »

No, we have not.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 04:24:22 pm »
+7

There's now a new Duchy image released:

http://www.riograndegames.com/news.html?id=33

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 04:58:48 pm »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 05:20:44 pm »

Well, we were all wrong about where the VP number was put.  But now I'm just salivating more for the rest of them...

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 05:37:20 pm »
+2

That looks amazing...
Oh, and...
Yeah, not paying $12 in shipping. I'll wait for it to show in in FLGS or regular Amazon.

...+1 for the Lord of the Rings reference.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:40:28 pm by Morgrim7 »
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 06:17:58 pm »
+2

That looks amazing...
Oh, and...

+1 for you for +1-ing me!  But seriously, I say we Scour whatever Shire "Funagain Games" came from for that ridiculous shipping.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 06:36:18 pm »
+2

That looks amazing...
Oh, and...

+1 for you for +1-ing me!  But seriously, I say we Scour whatever Shire "Funagain Games" came from for that ridiculous shipping.
+1 to you for +1-ing me for +1-ing you.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 09:18:34 am »
+2

That looks amazing...
Oh, and...

Nice engine you guys have built there.  8)
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4385
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 09:19:22 am »
+1

That looks amazing...
Oh, and...

Nice engine you guys have built there.  8)
Does anyone else always think of a CSI:Miami opening pun when they see the 8) ?

(The correct response is eYEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.