Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: card idea matchmaker  (Read 1319 times)

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
card idea matchmaker
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:23:29 pm »

Not playtested so not sure how strong it would be, still I haven't seen it done before (though it might have been)

5$
Matchmaker
+2 actions
Draw 5 cards then put 5 cards back on your deck.
All other players draw 1 card and put 1 card back on there deck.

So it's similar to a warehouse for combo-making but without the cycling effect. not sure how strengthened/nerfed it woud have to be to make it viable.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
Re: card idea matchmaker
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:52:29 pm »

5$
Matchmaker
+2 actions
Draw 5 cards then put 5 cards back on your deck in any order.
All other players draw 1 card and put 1 card back on their deck.
Hmmm, interesting card. I'm not normally going to want to pay $5 for a Village with no net draw, but in the right kingdom, it could be insanely powerful.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Re: card idea matchmaker
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:36:12 pm »
+1

I had a very similar card at one point (it was the first card I ever actually playtested!) and I realised it has a major problem: Drawing that many cards leads to serious AP. It took only one solo game for me to say to myself "this card isn't fun." At that point it was +6 cards, +1 action, return 5 to your deck, which seemed a little powerful at $5. This is much weaker, an engine streamliner with a village effect but small benefit to other players, and is possibly actually a little weak at $5 (the penalty I don't think is necessary). It could work, and be balanced, but it's a little unfun.

For reference my version became a $4 card, Cobbler: +3 cards, +1 action, put 2 cards from your hand on top of your deck.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.