Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 152790 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)
« Reply #1450 on: June 20, 2012, 03:41:03 pm »

You were largely suspicious to me because you jumped all over my relaxing my reads on J.

I mean, I was getting:

"please consider other options!"

"Ok, we're near the deadline, I'll consider other options"

"He must be Mafia! He's considering other options instead of sticking to what he believes! /voteGalzria!"

Well, you can imagine how I suddenly saw you in a rather scummy light.

Yeah, sorry about that.  FWIW, I wasn't asking you to consider other options (as far as I can remember).  I was asking for you to present a strong case, because at that point I thought your case was really weak.  But as I mentioned above, I realized upon reading back that I actually thought you made good points the first time you spoke up against jo.  I just misremembered my own feelings.  Can't remember how that happened exactly.  I think I was getting suspicious of Robz and just didn't like how much you were defending him, though in hindsight you were correct to do so.

Oh, and I don't think any of us thought jo was cleared after his d1 claim -- we just thought that he shouldn't be lynched until investigative roles had a chance to check him out.

And yet proper investigative roles would have checked him out clean. ;)

Still, for all of that, you were lowest on my list. Mafia #3, interchangeable with a handful of others.

I was stoked when I called Michaeljb's NK by the Mafia though. On the other hand, I had him listed as toss-up with Yuma as the other target...  Glad you guys caught him in a lie. He might've gotten away with it otherwise...

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 20, 2012, 03:44:27 pm »

It might have been better for yuma to claim VT.  If he did so, we would have had less to go on.  Axxle might not have investigated him.

Hm, it might have been interesting if a Mafia claimed Doctor and then another counterclaimed.  Or would that have been too risky?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 20, 2012, 04:08:24 pm »

Hey dead townie QTers... Crazy is currently 2-0 as town  ;)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 20, 2012, 04:14:26 pm »

Fun fact, this thread has been viewed more than M4 but has less replies
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 20, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »

Hey dead townie QTers... Crazy is currently 2-0 as town  ;)

That's ok, I won't hold it against you

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: June 20, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »

We won! Yay. Thanks Insomiac, this was really fun.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 20, 2012, 05:04:16 pm »

Thanks so much for modding Insomniac!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 20, 2012, 05:08:36 pm »

You're all welcome I had a lot of fun modding it and am glad you all enjoyed it :)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 20, 2012, 05:34:58 pm »

Absolutely agreed.  Thanks very much, Insomniac.  Great fun.  :)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 24, 2012, 03:56:29 am »

YES so glad we won!!

I'm sad I missed the end but I'm glad it worked out perfectly (and just how I was thinking things SHOULD go while I was gone) and I feel validated that my strong suspicion was correct!! This game was super super interesting for me. I know I made tons of mistakes, chief among them batting for a Robz lynch day 1, but I think I really cleared my head after a while and I was happy enough with my end game. It can just be so dang tough to convince people you're town. Oh, and my early game reads were terrible. Just terrible.

Really fun to read the quicktopic, thanks for making that. Kind of love how everybody thought I was mafia early. I realized I was doing some super scummy stuff but didn't really see another way. I would totally defend unvoting jo though! That was just some fun argumentative sparring between him and Axxle.

Something I learned from making the list -- it is very easy for townies to get lost and to make mistakes.  When Galz first posted his case against jo, I believed it.  But as the day continued, other arguments creeped in and, next thing I knew, I incorrectly remembered that I thought Galz's case against jo was weak.

Oh man the last couple days were stressful for me. eHal seemed to be SO suspicious of me but his arguments were weak or wrong on almost all counts. But I couldn't defend myself like a madman either!! So I was just grinning and bearing it. That's what you get with a confirmed townie: analysis that is important but not necessarily accurate. No offense to you eHal, you played a great game aside from that, especially with your crucial late game jails, they were spot on. Also interesting that unlike many others, I had a pretty good town read on you 90% of the game.

Great game to ALL players (I really, really thought the mafia were going to sweep) and a huge shout out to Insomniac for moderating.  ;D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 25, 2012, 01:08:12 pm »

Oh man the last couple days were stressful for me. eHal seemed to be SO suspicious of me but his arguments were weak or wrong on almost all counts. But I couldn't defend myself like a madman either!! So I was just grinning and bearing it. That's what you get with a confirmed townie: analysis that is important but not necessarily accurate. No offense to you eHal, you played a great game aside from that, especially with your crucial late game jails, they were spot on. Also interesting that unlike many others, I had a pretty good town read on you 90% of the game.

Great game to ALL players (I really, really thought the mafia were going to sweep) and a huge shout out to Insomniac for moderating.  ;D

No offense taken!  But if there was a good way to defend, you should have taken it.  And if there wasn't, then my arguments weren't so weak. ;)

The thing about my playstyle is that I like to consider as many possibilities as I can think of.  I entertained the idea of Godfather O for quite a while, even though it was unlikely.  And you really were pretty scummy, especially early on.  The association with both Eevee and Volt on day 1 didn't help, although some falling out between you guys on subsequent days bolstered the case against lynching you first. :)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 25, 2012, 01:12:04 pm »

Dsell, I can't believe you weren't mafia after what happened between you and me!!!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 25, 2012, 01:15:54 pm »

Dsell, I can't believe you weren't mafia after what happened between you and me!!!

I'm so sorry. I really felt bad. XD

The thing is I tooootally called you being mafia in MII. Almost right away. And you played so brilliantly in the rest of the game that it was too scary for me to ignore when I got almost the exact same vibe from you in MIII.

I was telling the truth when I said I was confused and glad when the mafia killed you night 1. I probably would have been gunning for you day 2 as well.  :-\ Lesson learned.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 25, 2012, 01:26:11 pm »

Ha ha, it's ok. I was actually way more certain you were mafia after I died. You seemed way too rehearsed about it: "Oh look, I was wrong, moving on..."

If only y'all had listened to me about Eevee on Day 1. Too much humor and feigned innocence.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 25, 2012, 08:30:53 pm »

No offense taken!  But if there was a good way to defend, you should have taken it.  And if there wasn't, then my arguments weren't so weak. ;)

The thing about my playstyle is that I like to consider as many possibilities as I can think of.  I entertained the idea of Godfather O for quite a while, even though it was unlikely.  And you really were pretty scummy, especially early on.  The association with both Eevee and Volt on day 1 didn't help, although some falling out between you guys on subsequent days bolstered the case against lynching you first. :)

I really wish I was godfather O, that would have been pretty damn epic..

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars NIGHT 3
« Reply #1465 on: June 25, 2012, 08:35:34 pm »

I warmed to your playstyle in this game eventually, O. This post made me just crack up:

*checks role PM*

Nope. Still mafia godfather Vanilla Townie.

No really, jokes aside I'm steadfastly standing by my VT claim.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 25, 2012, 08:39:06 pm »

I warmed to your playstyle in this game eventually, O. This post made me just crack up:

*checks role PM*

Wait, did I do that before or after Ehaly proposed the Godfather theory?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 25, 2012, 08:41:02 pm »

*checks role PM*

I think it was after.

.. and oh yeah O, I hope there is no bad blood between us now. Only "attacked" you in the interest of mafia you know :)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 25, 2012, 08:48:37 pm »

*checks role PM*

I think it was after.

.. and oh yeah O, I hope there is no bad blood between us now. Only "attacked" you in the interest of mafia you know :)

Of course there's none. and we still need to match at some point (my life's been quite hectic recently)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 26, 2012, 06:11:36 am »

*checks role PM*

I think it was after.

Of course there's none. and we still need to match at some point (my life's been quite hectic recently)
Thats okay, I'm on basicly every day, just PM me when you have time.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: July 10, 2012, 03:30:35 am »

eHal, I'm probably stupid but I could never figure out your hint-dropping, even with those hints. How did you do it?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 10, 2012, 03:40:00 am »

eHal, I'm probably stupid but I could never figure out your hint-dropping, even with those hints. How did you do it?
He spelled out "JAILKEEPER" with the first letter of each paragraph starting on page 9.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 10, 2012, 03:45:20 am »

He spelled out "JAILKEEPER" with the first letter of each paragraph starting on page 9.

Aha! I AM stupid! ;D

I had looked at the first letter of all of his posts to see if he spelled it out, didn't think about paragraphs.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 10, 2012, 03:53:51 am »

Aha! I AM stupid! ;D

I had looked at the first letter of all of his posts to see if he spelled it out, didn't think about paragraphs.

I can't believe he put in the effort to do that at all... ???

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 1 UNDERWAY
« Reply #1474 on: July 10, 2012, 10:32:09 am »

I really don't like the random voting by either O or Morgrim.  By randomly voting, you remove yourself from the decision process.  If the lynch goes through and they turn up Town, you can curse fate and keep the blame off of yourself.  You can't be accused of targeting the unlucky player because it was random.  And that tells the town nothing.

If you are town, you should be picking a target based on SOME sort of reasoning.  Something strange the player said.  Their post count.  Their post quality.  Even an inexplicable gut instinct is better than random voting.  It lets the town know that you're at least trying to identify the Mafia.

Tthis post actually means he spelt JAILKEEIIPER
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.