Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 152831 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars Day 5
« Reply #1400 on: June 17, 2012, 02:39:27 am »

Yuma is a rolecop.  Hmm....

You didn't have to give that away so fast. :P

I did not jail yuma last night.  If you are not Mafia, we win.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars NIGHT 4
« Reply #1401 on: June 17, 2012, 02:40:12 am »

And the spirit of Galzria upvoted that post.  Sorry for lynching you on day 1, brother.  You deserved better.  Like, a real branch.  No twigs for you.

And it appears my shelter brethren are still asleep.  Why won't that beggar leader scream his alarm scream?  Why am I even awake at this wretched hour?

Hai.

Wooooooooo

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 17, 2012, 02:42:24 am »

Or wait, I may be assuming too much actually.  The person I jailed might have been the target.  Still, I find it really unlikely because I didn't jail Axxle or myself, but still.  We can test it tonight when I jail the same person.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 17, 2012, 02:46:48 am »

I guess there's no point keeping it secret though.  I jailed Eevee.

I seriously considered jailing ALL of you.  I ultimately decided that it was too hard to figure out who was most trustworthy.  I suspected Dsell to various degrees since day 1, but he seemed a lot less scummy recently.  And I trusted O ever since I unvoted him on day 1, but I seriously started thinking he might be godfather.

So assuming the Mafia isn't doing some crazy no-lynch gambit, or even targeting someone other than Axxle or me... and umm, assuming we don't have a lying doctor... we lynch yuma now, and then I jail Eevee again and we see what happens after that.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 17, 2012, 02:48:33 am »

Eevee Yuma Voltgloss trio if you trust me as town: Why the hell would the mafia target eevee over one of us?

Either way we still have more days and can kill Yuma now.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 17, 2012, 02:51:56 am »

Wait, I forgot the point of my post.  The point was that I decided to screw trying to figure out who the Mafia was and just jail the most obvious Volt-partner.  I hoped the Mafia would WIFOM and decide I wouldn't go for obvious.  Looks like it worked?

Yes absolutely take Yuma now.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 17, 2012, 02:55:15 am »

Vote:Yuma

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 17, 2012, 02:56:22 am »

Vote: yuma

Any comments, Axxle?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars NIGHT 4
« Reply #1408 on: June 17, 2012, 03:06:00 am »

Deadline: June 25, 2012, 11:59pm PDT   (Note this is an extended deadline)

Is the deadline extended for Dsell?  If Dsell is not Mafia (because Eevee and yuma are now top suspects) and the other Mafia won't bus, then we will not be able to lynch until Dsell returns.  It takes 4.  :-\

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 4
« Reply #1409 on: June 17, 2012, 03:21:31 am »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 4
« Reply #1410 on: June 17, 2012, 03:42:09 am »

Nope, coming back the 23rd.  :-\

Right then.

By the by, in case something bad does happen...

After we lynch yuma, if he flips scum as he should, I will jail Eevee.  If he flips town, it is up in the air and obviously Axxle can't be trusted.  (Hey, it is extremely unlikely, but we can use contingencies anyway.)

Honestly though, it would be pretty amazing if Axxle was scum after all this, since he would have been able to frame anyone he wanted yesterday.

And if somehow I die on the night I jail Eevee (again assuming yuma is lynched and is scum), you'd be able to safely assume that Eevee is confirmed town.

Just putting that out there because I am still paranoid and wondering why Axxle didn't just vote yuma immediately.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 17, 2012, 04:09:35 am »

Vote: Yuma

I didn't before vote and revealed it fast because I was and am drunk.  Woohoo!!!

Also: I investigated Eevee the other day and he is Vanilla.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:29 am »

Oh yeah, are we still playing this game?

Here I will add some flavor instead of Insomniac.

After morning broke yuma left the shelter to find some more sticks, he was always so thoughtful that way. As he left Axxle told everyone else... "I heard yuma in his sleep last night. He was mumbling about Voltgloss, michaeljb, Robz, Galzria and that 'louse Morgrim.' And then he muttered, 'I hate them, I hate them all! We should have had this shelter all to ourselves! Just me, Voltgloss and ....' and with that he fell back asleep. He must be mafia!"

Once Axxle told everyone this, eHalycon, O and Axxle quickly arranged their sticks into an elaborate Rube Goldberg guillotine, but dash it all, they were just a few sticks short. Just then yuma walked back into the shelter carrying some sticks. He saw the gleam in their eyes and new his time was up. He gave them his sticks, they finished the way too overly complex decapitation device and calmly placed his head underneath. His last words were, "Run my fellow mafia member run, before they discover who you were! Run and don't look back. You were my best friend in this horrible, stinky, no good hole of a shelter, I go to a better place."

vote:yuma

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 18, 2012, 11:05:24 am »

Oh yeah, are we still playing this game?

Here I will add some flavor instead of Insomniac.

After morning broke yuma left the shelter to find some more sticks, he was always so thoughtful that way. As he left Axxle told everyone else... "I heard yuma in his sleep last night. He was mumbling about Voltgloss, michaeljb, Robz, Galzria and that 'louse Morgrim.' And then he muttered, 'I hate them, I hate them all! We should have had this shelter all to ourselves! Just me, Voltgloss and ....' and with that he fell back asleep. He must be mafia!"

Once Axxle told everyone this, eHalycon, O and Axxle quickly arranged their sticks into an elaborate Rube Goldberg guillotine, but dash it all, they were just a few sticks short. Just then yuma walked back into the shelter carrying some sticks. He saw the gleam in their eyes and new his time was up. He gave them his sticks, they finished the way too overly complex decapitation device and calmly placed his head underneath. His last words were, "Run my fellow mafia member run, before they discover who you were! Run and don't look back. You were my best friend in this horrible, stinky, no good hole of a shelter, I go to a better place."

vote:yuma

Thanks yuma. :-)

Still playing but it's purely mechanical now, unless you guys have set up an elaborate trap.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 18, 2012, 11:24:38 am »

Stole the flavour from yuma.
yuma mafia rolecop is dead

Night 5 begins now and ends on June 20 at 8am
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:04:51 am by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars Night 5
« Reply #1415 on: June 20, 2012, 11:37:27 am »

You awake to your shelter, your still hungry but the number of people that have died over the last 5 days have left you more twigs than ever before, in a way you're kind of glad your friends died (you're mean!). But no one has died in the recent nights your starting to get more confident in your ability to get a restful night sleep without waking up with a branch in your back.

No one died last night
Day 6 has begun

Deadline June 27 8:30am PDT

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:27:40 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars Day 6
« Reply #1416 on: June 20, 2012, 12:18:00 pm »

Do we even need to discuss?

Vote: Eevee

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 20, 2012, 12:21:53 pm »

Vote: Eevee
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 20, 2012, 12:51:39 pm »

Vote:Eevee :)

Forgot to do this yesterday, sorry.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 20, 2012, 12:54:44 pm »

Man, I'm even worse at being mafia online than I am live :(

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 20, 2012, 12:55:28 pm »

It was a close one.  Some lucky jails. :)

Is MIII over now?  Time to start MV?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 20, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »

It was too bad about the cop/rolecop mix up.  If not for that, jo would have had a great chance.  I am not sure how he would have played the end game, but he would certainly have survived d2.  Mafia probably wouldn't target him at night, thinking he was effectively a VT after the first night.

I think one of the mafia should have role claimed doctor.  Probably yuma, as anyone else would risk being caught in a lie.  Axxle would probably still investigate yuma, but I would not have jailed him because I would have wanted doctor alive. 

That leaves yuma free to kill Axxle or me.  Killing me is guaranteed to work and ensures successful night kills thereafter.  Targeting Axxle is slightly riskier because I might jail him, but if that happens, nothing changes at all (because Axxle wouldn't be able to identify yuma as Mafia).  Suspicion would also have grown on whoever I did jail that night, though it would be largely inconclusive.

If I am targeted, I die and yuma is exposed, but then Eevee may be able to string Dsell, possibly even O (especially after the fodder I gave).  If Axxle dies, that leaves us in a major pinch.  yuma can claim that he tried to save me, which is suspicious but arguable (role cop is more reliable, especially for info on yuma).  But there are arguments to be made for it, including "mafia is trying to frame yuma by not allowing Axxle to confirm yuma's role".

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 20, 2012, 01:08:36 pm »

It was a close one.  Some lucky jails. :)

Is MIII over now?  Time to start MV?

Axxle, eHalcyon and Eevee grab some of the ample sticks left over since the deaths have taken hold and quickly lynch Eevee. Once Eevee dies the card in his jacket is checked, sure enough it says he was from a different shelter and was infact a Mafia Goon

The Mafia threat is eliminated, the town wins

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 20, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »

Well played Town.  Wish I could have put up more of a fight but it coincided with a particularly hellish time in RL.  But them's the breaks.

I was going to roleclaim Doctor but I was really, really, REALLY convinced Axxle had investigated me.  Axxle, was I right?

Learned a lot about playing Mafia (what to do, what not to do) this game.  I can see my own mistakes looking back.  Food for thought for next time around.  :)

I feel worst for jo.  He (inadvertently, of course) didn't get a fair shake.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)
« Reply #1424 on: June 20, 2012, 01:10:53 pm »

Yay, can I post now?

Congratulations, fellow townies!!!

I must give myself the Gold Star Award for picking Eevee out immediately on Day 1.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 60  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.