Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 152825 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars NIGHT 3
« Reply #1175 on: June 13, 2012, 05:56:39 pm »

Back from school but soon to be off to work:

First: I am disappointed that Morgrim wasn't Mafia, but believe our suspicion of him to be justified. I had been on him all game long and his behavior was exactly the same throughout up to the point that he cast his crazy O vote. There was no deviation from that. I wish he would have realized how odd he played to lessen our suspicion of him.

Second: The oddest thing about yesterday to me was Dsell's quote about my Day 1 suspicions of Morgrim. I said later that it seemed to be an attempt to distract away from the Morgrim bandwagon to save him. That wasn't a correct analysis. But now I wonder if Dsell's use of that quote was to prime me up for suspicion after Morgrim was killed. Is the following a far fetched scenario or plausable? -- Dsell knows that Morgrim is town because Dsell is Mafia. He sees that everyone in the town--as well as 1 or other 2 Mafia--is ready to lynch Morgrim so doesn't see the need to join in. He uses that quote, which for town purposes served no useful purpose, to blame me for the catalyst of it and then gets another townie lynched the next day? Unfortunately for him both eHal and I see that it is an odd post and mention as such, so he doesn't bring it up again today. I don't know. It was a weird post even if he wasn't using it maliciously.

Third: Eevee has voted for the lynche every time.

Fourth: Are we assuming that the only possible town roles we have can only be Doc or Jail. Are there other possibilities out there?

Fifth: I am a little confused about this whole Volt partial reveal. I didn't notice it myself.

Sixth: I need to read over eHalycon's analysis of O. If true that would change everything. Anyone want to provide a little more info about Godfather.

Pre-post edit: @eHal Are we at the place where we want to start claiming. How does everyone else feel about that. Remember yesterday it was the partial mass claim that ultimately led to Morgrim's lynch.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 13, 2012, 06:06:58 pm »

He uses that quote, which for town purposes served no useful purpose, to blame me for the catalyst of it and then gets another townie lynched the next day? Unfortunately for him both eHal and I see that it is an odd post and mention as such, so he doesn't bring it up again today. I don't know. It was a weird post even if he wasn't using it maliciously.

First, it IS useful to the town if it brings up some suspicion on a mafia who's been lurking and who hasn't seen any suspicion.

Second, I DID bring it up again today.

For the record, I am largely suspicious of Eevee, yuma, and Voltgloss. They were all on that bandwagon, Eevee got Robz killed to squish that suspicion, yuma was on the Morgrim bandwagon on day 1 and day 3, and Volt has been generally very scummy, especially day 3. I think the fact that he hammered Morgrim is not insignificant.

Yuma, you have no suspicions? This looks like a lot of Information Instead of Analysis.

Also, would you like to expand on your very brief point about Eevee?

I can't speak for others but I think lylo is as good a time as any for a role reveal. So I think you should.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 13, 2012, 06:21:51 pm »

Do not claim yet.  I think Axxle should be the one to tell us to do it.  He has the information, he should lead us from here.  I think Axxle should specifically ask one person to claim, then the next, etc.  He shouldn't tell us any reasoning for the order he chooses.  Maybe he picks the person he knows to be X and then watches for subsequent counterclaims.  Or maybe he picks someone he has no info on to see if they make a false claim (because he already found someone else with that role).

Note when I say "subsequent counterclaims" that people should not just out and out say "hey, you're not that X, I'm X".  Rather, they should wait for Axxle to direct them to counterclaim if they so wish.  I think this is the safest approach, with the least chance of chaos and confusion.

Also, I'd already forgotten that Dsell had mentioned Eevee and yuma.  Hm.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 13, 2012, 06:26:27 pm »

Do not claim yet.  I think Axxle should be the one to tell us to do it.  He has the information, he should lead us from here.  I think Axxle should specifically ask one person to claim, then the next, etc.  He shouldn't tell us any reasoning for the order he chooses.  Maybe he picks the person he knows to be X and then watches for subsequent counterclaims.  Or maybe he picks someone he has no info on to see if they make a false claim (because he already found someone else with that role).

Yeah, this is a better idea. I mean, maybe Axxle doesn't need to take us through that whole process, but he should probably be the one to make that decision. And is Axxle waiting for Eevee to comment? I don't remember.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 13, 2012, 06:28:19 pm »

If we all claim, then Axxle might be able to catch one of us in a lie.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 13, 2012, 06:31:24 pm »

For yuma's other points...

1. Yeah.

2. I thought Dsell's post was odd but I wouldn't go so far as to say he was trying to make you look like the catalyst for anything.  Morgrim has played erratically the entire time.  I jumped on that and laid out a decent case (in day 2 I think?  don't want to find a link again).  O started the actual wagon on day 3, and I was the second vote.  I feel I'm one of the more responsible for getting Morgrim lynched, and O close behind me.

3. So have others.  I have.

4. I am operating on that assumption.  I will not name any other possibilities.  We'll see if something exotic gets claimed.

5. Alright.

6. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Godfather

And no, don't claim yet.  Axxle has to be leader here.

PPE @O: Yes.  But we should wait for Axxle, and we shouldn't have it be mass claim all at once.  It will be better if Axxle orchestrates it, without giving reason for how he does it.  It makes every claim made by Mafia dangerous.  If they are forced to claim first, whatever they say is a gamble.  If they claim last, they are short on options.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 13, 2012, 06:54:32 pm »

Hmm... Ok. I was waiting for Eevee to comment but we already have a lot of activity so I'm going to start calling for claims.

First off:
Do O or DSell want to change their claim?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 13, 2012, 06:55:39 pm »

No. I am a Vanilla Townie.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:05 pm »

*checks role PM*

Nope. Still mafia godfather Vanilla Townie.

No really, jokes aside I'm steadfastly standing by my VT claim.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 13, 2012, 06:58:30 pm »

Ok.  So Voltgloss, please to be claiming.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: June 13, 2012, 06:58:59 pm »

Maybe wait for Eevee anyway?  But your call.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 13, 2012, 07:03:07 pm »

Actually eHalcyon can you claim first?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 13, 2012, 07:08:51 pm »

Actually eHalcyon can you claim first?

I claim jailkeeper.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 13, 2012, 07:12:14 pm »

Who did you protect each day?

Any counter claims?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 13, 2012, 07:23:25 pm »

Are you sure you want to ask for counterclaims freely like this?  Might be better to continue one by one.

I did not use any of my jails to try to protect people.  Night 1 I jailed Morgrim, Night 2 I jailed Dsell.  I am fine with revealing these because Morgrim was VT and Dsell claims VT, and my jail had no effect on those nights.

I don't want to reveal Night 3 jail as it *may* interfere with followup claims.  I'm not sure if it can, but it might.  But if you think it is best that I say it now, I will.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 13, 2012, 07:25:18 pm »

Ok, I'll wait for those two things then.

yuma, I'd like your claim now.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 13, 2012, 07:27:25 pm »

Yuma be offline, FYI. So if you chose Yuma arbitrarily, probably switch. If Yuma needs to be in that position, we wait.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 13, 2012, 07:29:44 pm »

Not back to Voltgloss?  I hope you're thinking this through!

By the way, I have a fair amount of reasoning behind who to jail.  For nights 1 and 2 it was very much "I suspect this person, so I will jail him."  Night 3 was much more dangerous.  I put full reasoning in my PM to Insomniac because I wanted to save it somewhere.  Saved a copy of it to my outbox.  I can paste that here whenever you want.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 13, 2012, 07:39:34 pm »

By the way, I have a fair amount of reasoning behind who to jail.  For nights 1 and 2 it was very much "I suspect this person, so I will jail him."  Night 3 was much more dangerous.  I put full reasoning in my PM to Insomniac because I wanted to save it somewhere.  Saved a copy of it to my outbox.  I can paste that here whenever you want.

If you are town, and quote anything that shows it was directed to Insomniac, you'll get modkilled and I'll rage.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 13, 2012, 07:43:17 pm »

Hmm, I think my plan will work if Voltgloss reveals now.

Voltgloss, will you please reveal?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 13, 2012, 07:46:19 pm »

If you are town, and quote anything that shows it was directed to Insomniac, you'll get modkilled and I'll rage.

Pasting it doesn't directly show it was related to Insomniac though, does it?  I mean, Mafia could say "I said this to Insomniac" as a lie.  I can avoid the actual quote button.  Basically I can say "I said this" and you have to decide if you believe me.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 13, 2012, 07:48:28 pm »

just don't do it yet

Pasting it doesn't directly show it was related to Insomniac though, does it?  I mean, Mafia could say "I said this to Insomniac" as a lie.  I can avoid the actual quote button.  Basically I can say "I said this" and you have to decide if you believe me.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 13, 2012, 07:49:02 pm »

just don't do it yet

Misquote: "Just don't do it yet" supposed to be outside.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 13, 2012, 07:50:12 pm »

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.

This is the closest rule I can find.  If I quote myself, that is not "Moderator-supplied information".  And paraphrasing is acceptable, so pasting, not quoting, should be fine... right?

And yes, I am still waiting for the green light from Axxle.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 13, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

I am VT.

The reason I was so convinced that one of Dsell or Morgrim must have been Mafia - and, now, given Dsell's confirming his claim, why I am convinced Dsell is Mafia - is because I knew there was one more VT in the mix:  myself.

I suspected Dsell jumping on the "let's claim" bandwagon as an effort by the Mafia to out a Doc among us.  Not being a Doc myself, I felt comfortable asking whether massclaim during mylo was wise.  Dsell is now reading whatever he can into my post to make me seem suspicious;  which I don't blame him for, because he is Mafia trying to discredit me.

O and eHalcyon's initial reads of my post were correct.  Dsell's read, made after I publicly suspected him, is not.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.