Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 153810 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 1 UNDERWAY
« Reply #800 on: June 03, 2012, 10:13:48 pm »

What's throwing me for a loop here is that the situation Galzria finds himself in is one entirely of his own making. By insisting on certain people's innocence and guilt, by insisting that we kill someone, anyone, even people he thinks are innocent, even people who are Power Townies, switching his vote to the person he had long defended, and by carrying on a personal feud (which I'm not blaming him for, I don't know who started it, or care, or whatever), Galzria has created suspicion for himself when previously very little existed.

Because Galzria is a savvy mafia player, rather than a crazy person, I'm trying to come up with reasons why Galzria would do all this. Or has he simply snapped?

Because I can't imagine why Mafia Galzria would do this--and because I still maintain that a 'no lynch' is perfectly acceptable at this point--I will not be voting for him. However, if 7 people are persuaded to vote for him, I can hardly blame them.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »

Because Mafia Galzria is not Town Galzria. And Town Galzria isn't as polished.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 03, 2012, 10:23:57 pm »

My switch to you, I explained. I DO believe that any lynch  (outside roles) is better than no lynch. And while I listed 3 situations for J to be, I still believe him Mafia. And I STILL have not seen a defense about not lynching him because of the claim outside of "he claimed, so he must be telling the truth", which could be done as both the role, and as a Mafia.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 03, 2012, 10:25:50 pm »

Well, I would believe that. I was the same way earlier this round. Town Robz wasn't as polished as Mafia Robz, and I got myself into trouble with a couple people, as you know. You were probably thinking you're immune, because you're not mafia this time, so what's their to suspect about you? You won't give anything away--there's nothing to give away, because you're not hiding anything, you're town. This is how I was playing, too. Well, lesson learned for me. I hope you've learned it as well.

And truly I disagree with you about the necessity of lynching this round, which is still my big hang up about you. I am pretty sure we are going to mistakenly lynch a townie no matter what we do--indeed, the main contender for awhile appears to now be a Power Townie--in which case it is absolutely better to not lynch.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 03, 2012, 10:26:00 pm »

If this is true, it's really beautifully ironic.

But Robz, you of all people would recognize a clone of G's MII playing style. He had to shake it up. It's hard enough to come up with one way of playing mafia that convincingly apes town. Galzria found himself needing to come up with two. Is it any wonder that the second one cracked up?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 03, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

If Mafia Galzria was in this game, would he act like Mafia Galzria from Mafia II - after a masterful display of town destruction?  I would hazard a guess that he would not.   I don't know that Mafia Galzria II would behave this crazy, but... certainly I wouldn't expect you to play the same.

Would town Galzria vote for himself?  We're not talking about joking / threatening to self hammering... you actually voted for yourself.  You taunted the town while @ 6 votes.  Why on earth would you do that?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 03, 2012, 10:28:44 pm »

Maybe Galzria saw my successes with being a screwball townie and decided to copy me, but intensify it times 20?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 03, 2012, 10:30:59 pm »

If this is true, it's really beautifully ironic.

But Robz, you of all people would recognize a clone of G's MII playing style. He had to shake it up. It's hard enough to come up with one way of playing mafia that convincingly apes town. Galzria found himself needing to come up with two. Is it any wonder that the second one cracked up?

Well, that does make sense. I'm not ruling that explanation out. It just doesn't entirely explain how far he's flown off the rails, to me.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 03, 2012, 10:31:30 pm »

I'm in the Dsell/michaeljb camp of "just now getting to read the latest and holy Shelter has a lot happened."  Trying now to organize my thoughts.  I wasn't seriously analyzing the possibility of Galzria as Mafia (or SK, I guess) before this, but now I guess I have to.

One thing I was wishing for and couldn't find is an updated vote count.  So I made one.  If someone who's been following more closely sees this is wrong, please holler.

Robz (1 vote)
- Dsell

jotheonah (3 votes)
- yuma
- Morgrim
- Galzria

Eevee (1 vote)
- Robz

Galzria (5 votes)
- eHalcyon
- O
- jotheonah
- Eevee
- Captain_Frisk

Not voted: def, Voltgloss, michaeljb

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 03, 2012, 10:31:53 pm »

@C.F. Because I honestly don't enjoy being myself (conviction to the point of stubbornness), being begged by everybody to concede SOME, doing so, and then being attacked for it. Wrong of me? Sure. But I was pissed about that. I also unvoted very shortly after that, and (if) I die now, at least I do so with my vote where it belongs: beside my convictions I never should've left.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »

If Mafia Galzria was in this game, would he act like Mafia Galzria from Mafia II - after a masterful display of town destruction?  I would hazard a guess that he would not.   I don't know that Mafia Galzria II would behave this crazy, but... certainly I wouldn't expect you to play the same.

Would town Galzria vote for himself?  We're not talking about joking / threatening to self hammering... you actually voted for yourself.  You taunted the town while @ 6 votes.  Why on earth would you do that?

When he hit 6 votes, he took his vote off himself. And he was here watching it like a hawk the whole time. I think he was hoping for a landslide of "Oh he must be town"s. Or he just lost his shit. This is an intense game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:49 pm »

My views:

Possibility 1: Galzria is mafia (30%)
He tried the self-vote-zomg-I'm-insane-route to try to deflect voters
Possibility 2: Galzria is vanilla townie (65%)
He honestly believes townie lynch is better than no lynch. He thinks me and J are mafia partners and that him dying will lead to our lynchings, good for the town. Problem: Me and J aren't mafia partners
Possibility 3: Galzria is a power role
We're f*****

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 03, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »

Voltgloss your vote tally is correct, I've been watching and keeping track but the game has been moving fast enough that anything I post will almost certainly be outdated as I post it
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 03, 2012, 10:36:30 pm »

Yay! Need one more people. See how the Mafia lead. Lynch Galzria!

@jotheonah - he didn't take it off immediately...   he let it ride far longer than I would have.  I wonder how he fits those balls in his pants.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 03, 2012, 10:37:16 pm »

Guys!!! Great News!!

We have now passed the post counts of the Mafia I and II games

wooooooooooooo we're nuts woooooooooooooo

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 03, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

Like to point out what my choices were there J, if I am town? I agree with your quick analysis if I were Mafia. But your insinuation is that I would've done differently as town.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 03, 2012, 10:38:08 pm »

My views:

Possibility 1: Galzria is mafia (30%)
He tried the self-vote-zomg-I'm-insane-route to try to deflect voters
Possibility 2: Galzria is vanilla townie (65%)
He honestly believes townie lynch is better than no lynch. He thinks me and J are mafia partners and that him dying will lead to our lynchings, good for the town. Problem: Me and J aren't mafia partners
We're f*****

Essentially, this is correct analysis to me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 03, 2012, 10:39:06 pm »

Tell you what I see. J's sweating things slipping away when a townie was SO CLOSE.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 03, 2012, 10:40:18 pm »

All right folks - any chance of having some discussion of where we go from here?  I know we theoretically have 4.5 hours, but those of us on Eastern time have things like jobs in the morning - and if I'm going to stay up until 3 am, I'd like to have a better excuse than "I was hitting F5 on my browser waiting to see if someone would get lynched"

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 03, 2012, 10:40:33 pm »

Tell you what I see. J's sweating things slipping away when a townie was SO CLOSE.

me too though, Right? i must be glad my mafia partner just barely didn't get lynched, partially due to my campaigning against it.

Robz must be so proud of - oops, crap.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 03, 2012, 10:41:34 pm »

@C.F. Because I honestly don't enjoy being myself (conviction to the point of stubbornness), being begged by everybody to concede SOME, doing so, and then being attacked for it. Wrong of me? Sure. But I was pissed about that. I also unvoted very shortly after that, and (if) I die now, at least I do so with my vote where it belongs: beside my convictions I never should've left.

Aside: you could cool off a bit by making a post over in the Resistance thread.  It's nice and chill in there. :P

Haven't reviewed yet, but I will soon.  I think we might end up in no lynch.  I don't think no lynch is THAT terrible.  The scenario you gave is extremely simplified, not counting in the possible effects of power roles.  Not only that, but if we end up no-lynching twice it offsets the issue you presented, doesn't it?

We're f*****

Maybe he survives and pulls a TINAS-style SUPER COP.  I would seriously love that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 03, 2012, 10:42:05 pm »

me too though, Right? i must be glad my mafia partner just barely didn't get lynched, partially due to my campaigning against it.

Robz must be so proud of - oops, crap.

Huh?

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 03, 2012, 10:42:50 pm »

All right folks - any chance of having some discussion of where we go from here?  I know we theoretically have 4.5 hours, but those of us on Eastern time have things like jobs in the morning - and if I'm going to stay up until 3 am, I'd like to have a better excuse than "I was hitting F5 on my browser waiting to see if someone would get lynched"

I think we have to lynch Galzria. Either he's mafia, or he's townie and I broke him (sorry!)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 03, 2012, 10:43:14 pm »

I'm really really torn. I agree with jo that Galz could be changing up his playstyle this game. I agree with C_F (ok and probably everyone else) that voting for himself was crazy. Really crazy if he's a townie and pretty crazy but extremely calculated if he's mafia. It seems to me like Galzria is a very calculating guy (unvoting for himself with 6 votes looks very calculating). But he's looking pretty crazy right now. Ruse?

I'm having trouble convincing myself that there are no mafia on this bandwagon at all. But that is a question better left answered after we find out his role.

I'm not sure that he is mafia, but that is looking more likely. I expect this lynch could really shake things up. I'm still not sure I suspect him more than *everyone* else in this game, but I'm also not comfortable with a no lynch. I really don't see this going in any other direction, so I'm gonna plug my nose and swallow this pill.

Vote: Galzria
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 03, 2012, 10:43:29 pm »

@Galz If your town, either you wanted to teach us a lesson to ensure that I would be lynched Day 2 when you flipped. You were the one who kept saying in MII that essentially, we could only trust the dead. OR, the flipped his shit thing still applies. No judgement.

The first one is unlikely to me, because you did unvote yourself. If you had rationally settled on self-sacrifice as the best course of action, you would have stuck with it. You've at least proven yourself good at sticking with things.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.