Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 153733 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 1 UNDERWAY
« Reply #700 on: June 03, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »

Dont mind extending the deadline.

@eHalcyon

I 100% agree with the certainty thing, well put. I mean, maybe thats one of reasons I sound like I'm downgrading myself, but I dont understand how you all can be oh so sure? Everything looks really fuzzy to me.. the only thing I'm even close to being sure about is my own role.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 03, 2012, 04:50:40 pm »

My bandwagon on you is largely because of the post containing the rude comment (though not the comment itself), I'm not going to lie. I don't hold your comment personally against you at all.

We need a pretty much random lynch, I picked you as a mostly random lynch. I'm going to keep campaigning for you as our random lynch (the whole point of a random lynch is that they're supposed to not changed. I already ruined that one by not campaigning Morgrim ATM, but its too late for that). Lynching def because he's been inactive is *not* a random lynch.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 03, 2012, 04:52:06 pm »

@Volt

Thanks for being better at expressing yourself in english than I am. I've been trying to state that most of Robz's accusations towards me are really not for ingame reasons (and the one's that are, I feel he is inventing out of thin air to make his case look more convincing.. stuff like constantly putting words to my mouth.) No one else finds this true / troubling?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 03, 2012, 04:59:40 pm »

Thanks for the response, O.

@eHalcyon, I thought your questions were mainly to jo/about roles? I don't know much about the roles or what is considered "common," so I really don't have much to say about that. I think your reasoning seemed sound though.

The post about Galzria and jo was intended to foster discussion on their peculiar actions.  Why did jo claim a power role without revealing the role itself?  Even now that he has specified one-shot Vig, I don't see why that would have been good to keep secret.  Mafia roleblocker, maybe (a rolecop is more likely, I think)?  Though as it's been pointed out, there's probably better chance of him hitting town than scum.  I guess a mafia roleblocker could make the decision to block or not based on where his suspicions to seem to lie.

The part that still hasn't been addressed -- why is Galzria so certain of Robz?  I gave some ideas.  I'd really like Galzria to give his explanation.  He's been online but has ignored those thoughts.

I realize that in that post I didn't specifically call out Galzria to answer, but I thought he would address the points since he was under scrutiny.  Well, I'm asking now.  If other people agree that my concerns have merit, I'd like them to push him to answer.  And if I appear to be off track, please do pick my post apart.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 03, 2012, 05:07:36 pm »

All - I am lurking on phone while shopping at Costco. Will fully review this evening. J's role claim is not especially convincing - especially since some variants of serial killer investigate as town. Also godfather would as well I believe.  He can't really prove be is one shot vig unless he uses his power and it seems the consensus is that he shouldn't? 

Of course, I'm still sitting on robz, so I don't need to be convinced to get off of J

Seems like nobody is in danger of lynch?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: June 03, 2012, 05:09:45 pm »

i'm taking the ipad with me to the tables, hopefully i'll find a working wifi. wont be able to make long posts without the keyboard though.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 03, 2012, 05:20:30 pm »

Pointing this out makes me feel kinda mean, buuuut Michaeljb has been online today AND gave me respect on this thread late last night/early this morning after Jo's "soft" roleclaim. So he's seen that but hasn't posted or unvoted at all...

I was going to reread some more before I change my vote, and if I recall correctly that respect I gave you was after O's list where he mistakenly put me in twice under "it'd be good if they were town" and I thought it was funny when you asked if he would just really really like it.

This game ended up being more work than I anticipated (13 people just made it way busier than the earlier games) so I've been putting off rereading.

Ok, so Unvote, but won't vote till I review more.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 03, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »

PS I have a RL hockey game this evening, I should be home no later than 7pm PDT so I'll still have a good chunk of time before the deadline. I'm thinking I'll probably hold off on revoting till then.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 03, 2012, 06:26:10 pm »

Current Vote Counts
Robz888 (3) - Dsell, Captain_Frisk, Eevee
jotheonah (3) - yuma, Morgrim7, Galzria
Eevee (3) - O, Robz888, jotheonah

Not Voting (4) - def, eHalcyon, Voltgloss, michaeljb

Deadline: June 3, 2012, 11:59pm PDT
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 03, 2012, 06:42:15 pm »

I'm on but coaching. I'll quickly say two things:

1) I'm being asked to unvote someone I believe to be Mafia, and instead vote for someone I think is town. My unwillingness to do so is being attacked and ripped into by certain people. Does anybody not see how my doing so would be terrible play?

2) The defense some people are employing about the  roleclaim is ridiculous. Again, I'm being attacked because I don't simply accept it, yet the argument from the other side has been "well, he claimed, so I believe him" - as if it isn't something the Mafia would EVER do. They've then gone on to ignore my post that listed 3 scenarios (J is telling the truth; J is Mafia; and J is SK), all of which I explained why it STILL makes sense to lynch him.

So, town, do you understand my positions now?

I also explained my "certainty". It's just who I am. I don't waffle, I don't hedge. I believe something, or I don't. And I will argue for what I believe until I am presented for an actual reason to be wrong. "Well, Jotheonah roleclaimed so he must be town" is just not good enough for me when as Mafia, he would've done the exact same thing, especially in a closed-setup game.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 03, 2012, 06:43:51 pm »

Well its looking very likely that we'll have a nolynch. I think I know (and it should be obvious to others) who I'm going to be campaigning to lynch D2, if we're both still alive.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 03, 2012, 06:47:31 pm »

Well its looking very likely that we'll have a nolynch. I think I know (and it should be obvious to others) who I'm going to be campaigning to lynch D2, if we're both still alive.

Read: I don't need to kill G at night because I'll campaign against him tomorrow.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 03, 2012, 06:48:35 pm »

Read: I don't need to kill G at night because I'll campaign against him tomorrow.

If you think I'm mafia, why don't you lead a campaign against me?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 03, 2012, 06:54:23 pm »

If you think I'm mafia, why don't you lead a campaign against me?

The same way you're going to mislead one against me tomorrow? No need, J will still be alive so there's no need to go after Mafia #2 at the same time and split town votes.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 03, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »

Galzria: J and O are mafia.

Waaaaayyyyyyy too confident, its just insane.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 03, 2012, 06:57:59 pm »

The votes are 3-3-3. That is a pretty sucky place to be. TOWN: The mafia are not terribly likely to vote for their own today (this is not a guarantee but as a general rule...). That means that the rest of us townies need to get our act together if anyone is going to be lynched. With 3 mafia, def absent and yuma gone until almost midnight there could be just 8 of us townies available to vote today. If we are going to lynch a mafia, it will take a near-unanimous decision. Since we don't know exactly who the mafia is, it appears unclear whether we will be able to reach that near-unanimity. If we can't, a no-lynch or a lynch of a townie is almost inevitable.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 03, 2012, 06:59:01 pm »

Right, because we should all just close our eyes and point randomly instead of paying attention. Even you wouldn't.... Oh wait, you DID say we should do that.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 03, 2012, 06:59:59 pm »

There's reason to be suspicious of pretty much EVERYONE right now. I know I have suspicions, some stronger than others, and some that will become stronger if certain things happen. But we have 8 hours to lynch, so...time to compromise yet? I think it's too early to really be talking about tomorrow. We have to resolve today first.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 03, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »

Right, because we should all just close our eyes and point randomly instead of paying attention. Even you wouldn't.... Oh wait, you DID say we should do that.

I did say it, and I stand by it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 03, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »

I did say it, and I stand by it.

Lol. I hope after I die the town sees just how hard the Mafia has worked to split everyone up, instead of bringing them together.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: June 03, 2012, 07:05:54 pm »

Galzria, you seem to think that O is mafia, but you are "certain" Robz is town. Think O is trying to make a friend by siding with him on this Eevee vote?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 03, 2012, 07:06:28 pm »

Galzria, you seem to think that O is mafia, but you are "certain" Robz is town. Think O is trying to make a friend by siding with him on this Eevee vote?

What the hell.. I STARTED the Eevee vote.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 03, 2012, 07:07:37 pm »

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch
Current Vote Counts
Morgrim7 (1) - yuma
Robz888 (3) - Dsell, Captain_Frisk, Eevee
jotheonah (1) - Galzria
Eevee (1) - O

Not Voting (7) - Robz, def, michaeljb, Voltgloss, jotheonah, Morgrim7, eHalcyon

Deadline: June 3, 2012, 11:59pm PDT

Proof

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 03, 2012, 07:08:35 pm »

What the hell.. I STARTED the Eevee vote.

Ok ok you both thought he was suspicious, regardless of who voted first. You are "siding with" each other. I didn't say I agree with him that you are mafia. I'm trying to see why he is so sure that you are mafia and Robz is town when your records so far in this game look very similar.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 03, 2012, 07:09:20 pm »

I'm actually pretty satisfied with no lynch at this point, and not just because my head is one of the ones on the chopping block. I feel like there's a lot of important information out there, and a lot of interesting alliances and rivalries, but I can't make sense of them yet. Perhaps our investigators or doctors will learn something helpful. Perhaps the mafia kill will put things in perspective.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.